yongguk

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

As I was heading down the stairs, I can hear Minka laughing. Just by hearing her laugh, all the feelings that I had before started to disappear and ended up smiling. The stairs led me to the living room and there I saw Junhong and Minka with another blonde man. "Mommy!" Minka comes running to me and I squatted down to pick her up. As I look up at our visitors, Yongguk met my eyes and he waved at me while I bowed my head to him.

 

"Alright kids" Seunghyun comes strolling down the stairs while clapping his hands. "Let's eat shall we? I'm starving!" He rubbed his belly and headed towards the dining room. I followed behind him while the other two followed behind me. Seunghyun sat at the head of the table and Junhong and Yongguk sat across from me.

 

"So Yongguk-ah, are you crushing on anyone?" Seunghyun asked him and I choked on the piece of meat that was in my mouth. How can he just ask him that question? Maybe they got closer when I was away.
"Noona, gwenchana?" I nodded and drank some water. Yongguk looked at me and I just smiled at him.
"So?" my brother asked again, smirking.
"Uh well... there is someone hyung" I looked up to see the little twerp and my brother smirking at me and Yongguk just smiled and looked at his food. The ?
"Mommy" Thank god she interrupted this awkward atmosphere. Well, it was for me but these three were clearly having fun. "Uncle Guk said he'll buy me a Loopy doll" She clapped her hands together and I just smiled at her. After dinner, the boys were heading to the living room with Minka, but I grabbed Junhong and made him stay behind.

 

"Yah! What the hell was that?"
"What noona?"
he smiled, acting all innocent.
"You twerp. You three planned to make me uncomfortable didn't you?" I poked his sides.
"Ahh noona stop" He grabbed my hands, "It was hyung's fault!" He ran away giggling like a little girl.

 

After placing the dishes in the dish washer I walked to the living room to find the three grown men playing a video game. I picked up my baby from the couch and sat next to Junhong. After a while of playing, they finally stopped and turned off the game. The tv went back to normal and it was showing a documentary.

 

"So Junhyung-shi, what do you think of Singapore?" Right when I heard that name, I immediately looked up and saw him on the screen. I noticed my brother and Junhong give each other looks, then felt their eyes on me.

 

"Uhm hyung where's the controller?" 
"I don't know, find it."

 

There he is again, infront of me. I was just staring at him not listening to what he was saying. I was ignoring the looks I was getting from the guys from the corner of my eyes. Junhyung looks perfect. Then my eyes landed on his chest. A familiar necklace was hanging on his neck and I couldn't help but to smile. I guess Junhong found the controller and changed the channel.

 

I heard some awkwards coughs around me and I snapped out of my thoughts. I could tell Yongguk was staring at me. I looked at him and he avoided my gaze. The five of us chatted and played in the living room for a while. I was texting Seungri on my phone when I felt a shadow infront of me.

 

"Hey" I looked up to see Yongguk scratching the back of his neck. "Do you want to get some fresh air outside?" He smiled. For some reason, I can't say no to that smile. Yongguk and I sat ourselves on the chairs in the patio outside. The night sky was dark and beautiful and the air was indeed refeshing.

 

"Minka looks exactly like you when you were little" He started the conversation. I chuckled and he looked at me.
"How did you know?"
"Your brother showed me a picture"
"How long have you known my brother?"
I was really curious as to how they're so close.
"Since Junhong came living with me. He introduced me to him three years ago and ever since, we've been tight"
"Tight?"
I laughed at his choice of word. "Funny, he never mentioned you even once even though you guys are 'tight'" I turned to him and leaned on the glass table.
"Ouch! I guess he doesn't think we're that tight enough huh?" He also turned to me and leaned closer. Yongguk looked me in the eyes and I felt my face heat up. I looked away and he cleared his throat.
"Junhong told me you took really good care of him when you guys were trainees" I broke the silence.
"Yeah, for some reason Junhong and I just clicked. For some reason, I feel like he's my kid" He chuckled.

 

"You know Minka really likes you. I don't know why but ever since we met in the plane, she kept calling you Ahjussi." I had mixed feelings when I'm around Yongguk. Sometimes, I would feel nervous around him and sometimes I felt comfortable to the point that I didn't care to what to say anymore.

 

"Hey, I was wondering... maybe you know, I can maybe... take you out sometime" I was startled by his words. He wants to take me out? What should I say?

"It's not like a date or something" I guess he saw my uneasiness as I fidgeted in my seat. "I just want to take you out as my hyung's sister, dongsaeng's cousin, and Minka's mom. You know?" He defended himself.

"Okay" I turned to him and he smiled back to me. Why do I feel dissapointed that he it wasn't a date?

 

5/22/12

I think I'm having a writer's block for this story! Oh no!!