three years later

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

It's been three years now. A lot has happened in the past three years. I miss Korea. I miss my oppa, Eunbi, Junhong and Junhyung. But my life in Cali is wonderful. My daughter is now three years old. Minka actually just turned three a couple of days ago. I'm in my second year of college now. My parents soften up a bit when Minka was born. They let me do whatever I wanted, and that included choosing my own course and not business like what they wanted. I started school when Minka e. My mom took care of her whenever I was in school. Now, she goes to pre-school when I'm in school or work. I got a job at a restaurant near my university. Since my parents bought me a condo already, I took the responsibility to pay my bills and other necessities. As for dating... well Jenny unnie and Victor oppa introduced me to a few good guys. I did date a guy for about four months, but it just didn't work out.

 

My parents decided to reside in New York for the time being. My mom is going to open some boutiques there. They became more laid back when my daughter was born. My dad also talks to Seunghyun oppa now. He's accepted his career and he supports him fully now. They also sold our house in Korea and bought a smaller one just outside of Seoul. They left Minka and I just a couple of weeks ago when their new home was finalize in New York.

 

Back in Korea, everyone seems to be doing quite well too. Seunghyun oppa and Big Bang has become one of the leading boy groups in Korea and some parts of Asia. Big Bang has come a long way from their debut to now. They went from hardcore hip hop to a mix of just about all the genres. Seunghyun oppa also focused on acting too. He released a war film which earned him an award for 'Best New Actor.' For the past three years, not once did he neglect me. He always call, text and video chat. He made Minka remember his face by webcaming her almost everyday. He also came here to see me and Minka whenever he had time.

 

My best friend Eunbi is doing well too. She's in her third year of college. She's taking up Biology at Seoul National University. She too came to see me and Minka whenever she was on vacation.

 

2NE1 is rising up the pyramid of girl groups. They've also been singing some of the songs I composed. That money that comes from my songs also helps me pay some bills.

 

Choi Junhong debuted in a duo group. He debuted with the leader of his new group BAP. He goes ny the name of Zelo now. His new group will debut in Korea pretty soon.

 

As for Beast... well they're catching up too. I heard they've been winning so many awards now. They earned the award of 'Best Song' some time ago, I heard Junhyung composed that song. Well good for him... It's nice to know he's been living well.

-----

"Minka baby are you ready?" I yelled through the living room. Today, we're meeting with 2NE1. They came here to record their new album. Bom unnie called me yesterday and forced me to cancel all my schedules today so we can hang out with them. I'm meeting them at a cafe nearby. Minka comes running from her bedroom, "Mommy do my hair pleaseeeeee?" she whined. "Arasso, come here"

 

We walked a few block to the cafe that we were all meeting at. I see a crowd of girls surrounding one table as we come near. I know it's them.

"Omo! Hyunae unnie!" Minji called and waved her hand to me. The crowd slowly backed away when the managers politely shooed them away.
"Annyeong!" I hugged all for of them and said my greeting to the staff that was with them as well.
"Omo" Bom and Dara cooed and picked up Minka. They all gathered around her like she was some cute puppy. Well, I'm not gonna lie but she's freaking adorable.
"Unnie, she doesn't look like Junhyung oppa at all" Chaerin stated as we all settled down and sipped on our drinks
"Yah, you haven't seen little Hyunae have you? Minka looks exactly like her when she was little" Dara unnie talked for me
"Unnie, how'd you know how I looked like when I was little?"
"Bommie showed me a picture"
I looked at Bom confused
"Your brother showed me a picture" Everyone looked at her and she sheepishly smiled
"Well someone's been close to my oppa lately" I grinned at her
"Yah! I don't like your oppa!" she threw a mini tantrum when the rest of us about Seunghyun oppa.

 

The girls and I shopped and walked around for the whole day. This was actually the first time Minka met her 2NE1 aunties. She met them through webcam before, but this is the first time she's meeting them in person. She got along with them perfectly, especially MInji and Dara unnie.

 

"When are you planning to go back Hyunae?" Dara startled me with her sudden question and the rest of the girls turned to me, waiting for my answer. We were sitting down for dinner now at a little quiet restaurant near the mall. "Yeah, unnie. Don't you think it's time to go back. You've been gone for a while now"

"I don't think I'm ready yet"
"Awww we miss you already! Especially Tabi"
Bom whined. Okay, there's really something weird going on between her and my brother.
"You can go back and enjoy Seoul again. Just have to hide from Junhhyung oppa" Chaerin declared.
"I miss Korea.... maybe I should go back"

 

5/18/12

Minka is Lauren Lunde from MBLAQ's Hello baby, if you guys didn't know who the cute little girl is. Not gonna lie, I felt a little creeped out searching for babies. But I wanted you guys to have a visual of the daughter.