her memories

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

I drove as slow as I could since my eyes were blocked by tears and my vision was blurry. I couldn't stop the river flowing down my cheeks, so I stopped on the side of the road. I put my hands on the top of the steering wheel and laid my head there, sobbing like a little baby. Then I felt something weird on my left hand. The ring was gone. There was even a tan line on my ring finger where it used to reside. The infinity ring that I love so much wasn't there anymore. I managed to slipped it off and slide it inside Junhyung's pocket. I wanted to keep it but there was no point. Besides, it will only remind me of him. I feel empty without it now. I never took that ring off. Whether I showered or slept, it was always on my finger. But now it's gone and a part of me feels gone too.

 

"Hey honey" my mom greeted me as I entered the living room. By this time, I had wiped my face dry from the tears and calmed myself down. I didn't want my parents to worry, I know they will. I headed to my room and as soon as I closed the door, my legs gave out and I fell on the floor. I managed to lean against the foot of my bed. I pulled my legs closer to my chest and wrapped my arms around myself. Here we go again. I felt myself on the verge of crying again. I put my head down and closed my eyes. All the memories of Junhyung flashed in my head. The time we met, first skinship, first kiss, and the first time we made love. Then a curve crept on my lips when I remembered the first time he met Seunghyun oppa. Junhyung was more nervous meeting him than he was when he met my parents. He was sweating buckets and he never let me off his side, afraid my oppa would murder him.

 

I lifted my head and opened my eyes. Everything in my room reminded me of him. I stood up to walk around my room, touching everything that he had given me. The little stuffed animals that he bought and won in carnivals were sitting on one corner of the room. I walked up to my shelf to find picture frames standing proud on the wooden surface. I smiled as I caressed the frames holding the pictures of me and him. Then I walked over to my bed and sat down near the nightstand. His tshirt that I wore everynight to sleep was lying on the foot of my bed. Then I picked up a pink frame on my nightstand. It was our very first picture together as a couple. We were in the school yard during lunchtime. He pulled me into his lap and kissed my cheek before pulling his phone out. We could hear the others snicker and telling us how cheesy we were but we ignored their remarks and posed happily for the camera. The picture's showing me on his lap and we were both facing the camera, giving it our cheesiest smile.

 

I laid my head down on the pillow and puffed my cheeks. "This was it Hyun. You knew something like this would happen when he told you he would debut in an idol group" Both of us knew this would happen eventually, but we never really talked about it. We didn't want to. But now that it was said and done, there's really nothing else to do but move on, right?

 

5/15/12