what are the odds?

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

Eunbi opened the door and let me inside her house. She led me to the kitchen where her mom was baking some cookies. "Hi Auntie" I smiled and bowed to my best friend's mother. She gave me a warm smile and hugged me. "How are your parents dear?" she asked as I sat on one of the stools. "Oh they're well. They just came back yesterday from Japan." Eunbi and I ate some cookies and drank milk before heading to her room.

 

"So, tell me what happened?" she asked me about the whole breaking up with Junhyung situation. She was stuck in China with her parents for a few days and she finally has a chance to question me. "Yeah, about that..." I stared at her for a bit. "You couldn't do it can you?" I shook my head. "I love him too much Bi. When he held me in his arms, every thought I had of breaking up with him went down the drain." She plopped down beside me on her bed. "I knew you couldn't do it."

 

"So, he stayed over and..." she wiggled her eyebrows. "You are such a ert. Junhyung oppa and you would've been perfect for each other" I chuckled. She wouldn't stop bugging me about it, so I told her what went on. I told Eunbi everything. There was no secret between us and sometimes Junhyung hates it because I tell her everything. Hey, she's my best friend. what do you expect?

 

"Three rounds??!!" her eyes were popping out of her sockets. I nodded as I watch her jaw drop on the floor. "Holy Hyun, you have a boyfriend." she finally said. "Yeah, tell me something I don't know." We stayed in her room, gossiping and doing things normal teenage girls do. When all of a sudden she shouted, "Protection!" out of nowhere. "What?" I asked a little surprised. Eunbi stood up and held my face. "You guys use protection right? ? After pill?" I froze in my spot. . Protection? No, we didn't. "Choi Hyunae, snapped out of it!" she snapped her fingers infront of my face. "Bi" I said in a trembling voice. "Oh my god"

 

"Hey, you know what? It's fine. I mean what are the odds right? I'm sure you're fine" she tried to console me. "Yeah, you're right" I tried to convince myself. How could I be so stupid? Whenever we did it, he would always wear a . If not, I would always take an after pill the next day. How can we be so stupid to forget it? I guess the feeling of missing each other prevented us from thinking about anything else. The way we were feeling each other's touch and being in each other's arms made us forget about everything else. This time, we weren't thinking about anything else except being together.

 

I tried to forget about the whole 'not using protection' thing. I mean, what are the odds right?

 

5/14/12