Man Talk

I'm a Gangster...But Not a Normal One

L's POV

It's been 5 years since that day when we went to Nami Island. All of us graduated from High School, and is now in University. I'm in my last year already, since I started early.

"Hyung!" I called out to the person right in front of me. The graduated Sunggyu Hyung turned around and frowned.

"What is it, L?" He replied. Today, he came to pick me up, because my car broke down. And Minji? She has afternoon class while I have morning class so she's maybe on her way to class.

"I want to talk to you about something...." I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear.

"Go on..." He urged as we got into his car.

"Well, I will be graduating soon, right. And I have this thought about....."

"About what??"  He asked sounding quite interested.

"About proposing to Minji." I said nervously.

"What?!?!" He screamed ever so loudly. I blinked and pouted at his reaction.

"It was just an idea....." I whispered.

"But why are you telling me this? You should tell Hoya or L.Joe or their father." Sunggyu hyung asked. I shivered at the thought of facing Hoya hyung, asking for permission.

" I should... But Hoya hyung is scary.... And L.Joe too. But I don't know about their father." I said.

"But if you really want to marry Minji, you have to face that problem. And plus, I don't think Hoya will deny the request, man. I mean, you and Minji were together for a really long period now so It's okay." Sunggyu hyung explained.

I tried to absorb everything he said into my head and sighed.

"After graduation, I will propose to her and ---"

"Ask for permission first, Mr. Kim." Sunggyu hyung coughed.

"Yes. Ask for permission first, then propose. But..... This takes a lot of courage, hyung." I said worriedly.

"Kim Myungsoo, seriously? I know that we stopped this gangster crap now but I think I know you well enough to say that you are strong enough to achieve this small task." He scoffed and turned into the road towards Minji's house.

"Since you are graduating in the next 3 months, and Minji is too, you should ask her brothers first, okay? But don't worry. I will be with you. And you are going to ask them now." And just when Sunggyu hyung finished his sentence, the car screeched to a stop just in front of Minji's house.

"But, L.Joe is still studying..." I said when I noticed that Minji's and L.Joe's car are not in the driveway.

"Never mind 'bout that. At least the big bro is present." Sunggyu hyung winked and walked in front of the house and rings the bell.

"Hyung! Seriously, why are you doing this? I'm nervous!" I shook him vigorously.

"If you want the girl, you gotta pass their family! Now stop shaking me, for goodness's sake!" He slapped my hand and kicked my legs. I winced and waited nervously for the door to open.

The door creaked open 3 minutes later revealing a sleepy Hoya hyung.

"Lee Howon. Don't tell me you just woke up?" Sunggyu hyung scoffed as Hoya hyung nodded tiredly.

"Come in guys..." He mumbled and dragged himself to the couch with us following him.

"Hyung... I think you should go freshen up first.." I said after I observed his condition. He just nodded and crawled upstairs. Once Hoya hyung was out of earshot, I quickly turned to Sunggyu hyung with a racing heart.

"Hyung, I can't. Seriously." I breathed. I tried to calm down, but everything just went worse.

"Hey, don't worry. I'm here. I can help you." Sunggyu hyung patted my back, helping me not to panick.

"Okay, but you have to start hyung, and I will take care of everything afterwards." I said and Sunggyu hyung agreed.

"I'm back!" I heard Hoya hyung shouted. He came skipping down the stairs happily, totally opposite from 5 minutes ago.

"Hey, Hoya. You know how L and Minji will be graduating soon, right?" Sunggyu hyung started, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah.." Hoya hyung nodded, still not suspecting anything.

"Well, this Kim Myungsoo here is thinking about proposing to Minji." Sunggyu said without hesitation. Hoya hyung froze and stared at me. I stared back at him while blinking helplessly.

"Uhmmm...."

"Are you ready about this, L?" He cut me off. 

*Am I? Of course I am. I love her too much, I wouldn't want to let her go....*

I nodded.

"Then.... I can't do anything about that. Even though I'm still shocked about this news, I have to admit that it is about time..." Hoya hyung mumbled and rambled on and on and on......

"But of course, you can marry my sister." My head snapped towards him, a grin spreading on my face.

"Really hyung?!?!" I asked, trying to contain my excitement.

"I suppose so..." 

"YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled and pulled Hoya hyung into my arms and squeezed him like a squishy teddy bear.

"Thanks hyung!!!!!!! You're the best!!!!" I screamed as Sunggyu hyung laughed.

"Kim Myungsoo... I'm gonna die...." Hoya hyung choked and struggled to get out of my grip. I quickly let go and danced around the house. Literally.

"Woooooooooo!!!!!!!"  I flung my arms around.

"Okay, L. Calm down." Sunggyu hyung laughed while Hoya hyung is still coughing.

"L, I'm happy for you, but you know you have to prepare everything and tell your mother too, okay?" Sunggyu told me and I nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MOM!" I yelled once I got home.

"Yes, honey?" She said as she popped her head out of the kitchen.

"Mom, after I graduate, I will propose to Minji!" I said excitedly. My mom gasped and ran up to me.

"what did her family say about it?" She asked.

"They're okay with it." I smiled.

"Oh my goodness, my son is a grown up now!" She squealed and hugged me.

"What's going on?" I heard my dad's footsteps coming downstairs.

"Yeobo! Our son is going to propose to Minji after their graduation! Her family said is was okay as well!" My mom squealed once again and hugged my dad.

"Really, son?" My dad asked. I nodded slowly, not really sure of his reaction.

"Awesome! You're a grown up man now!" He laughed and fist pumped me. I laughed with him.

The atmosphere was really light with warm laughs from the happy family. 

*Minji, just you wait.....*

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

I'm finally back!

Our Kim Myungsoo will finally have Minji to himself forever now!!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!

Hehehehe anyways, sorry for not updating... I've been sick ><

But, I'm still alive, right?

xXInspirit4lifeXx