Exes & Frenemies

5 Stages On A Journal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TW: heavy cursing and foul words

 

Karina's POV

 

 

Winter has shown so much improvement since last week. The doctors said that they are seeing a lot of progress in her and she is now entering the minimally conscious stage. It will not be long enough for her to wake up and they assured us that she might become conscious anytime soon. 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sitting here beside Winter while there are these two uninvited guests sitting on the couch. This is one of the changes that I never saw coming, having the other ex back into the picture.

 

 

"Ano ba gagawin niyo dito?" I asked them. "You, what brings you here?" I asked one of them while I lie on the bed beside Winter. "What's the reason why you're visiting her very often?" I continued.

 

 

It was as if she didn't hear what I said and she did not even give me a single glance. She looked my way before I saw her put her phone down. "Uh what's that Rina, are you talking to me?"

 

 

"I am asking what brings you here so often? What are you coming here for?"

 

 

"Why are you being so antagonist, am I not allowed to visit my good friend?"

 

 

"Gi said that you were not doing this in the past months and weeks, I mean I am aware that you visit Winter but what is up with this sudden enthusiasm? What's your real intention?"

 

 

"Nothing, I only came here to see you and Winter. You know that she is a close friend of mine, masama ba na dalawin ko siya?"

 

 

"I know what you are thinking and for sure you might be planning something."

 

 

"Okay now you are being too paranoid and you are scaring me."

 

 

"I'm just stating the truth because I know it. The two of you, especially this ing pain in the dj, I am telling you, you won't stand a chance."

 

 

"Hey, easy there tiger! I'm minding my own business here, wala akong ginagawa and I am not even looking at you. Why you becoming so riled up again?"

 

 

"The room is getting full and the two of you must leave."

 

 

"Why do you have to be this rude to us Rina?"

 

 

"It's because I know the reason why you are here Ennik."

 

 

 "Then what is it? I am reminding you. You are not much different from me now because we are the same, Winter's ex girlfriends."

 

 

"Only because you heard that Winter is gradually starting to regain her consciousness and now here you are. I know that you will be lowkey shooting your shot at her again when she wakes up. I am warning you, I won't let that happen, especially you Chaewon. Back off the two of you, Winter is mine."

 

 

"The is wrong with this girl?"

 

 

"Hahahaha stop being silly Rina. I am not gonna win her back if that's what's stressing you out. We are so done for like so many years now and she is a very close friend, get a grip."

 

 

"Karina, you don't have to be paranoid because me and Somi will not take Winter away from you."

 

 

"But I know that you are both interested in her, it must be the only reason why you are here."

 

 

"You are pathetic."  

 

 

I kinda got caught off guard with Chaewon's remark towards me. "What the hell did you just say?" I asked her. I checked on Winter first before I sat up.

 

 

"Oh nothing Karina. You told us that the room is getting full right?"

 

 

"Yeah I did, that's why the two of you must leave. You are wasting your time here, why don't you just go home? "

 

 

"Only three people are allowed to stay here, yun yung sabi mo dba?"

 

 

"You are aware naman pala then why do I have to remind you?"

 

 

"Alright. Then why don't you carry Winter and take her outside so that you, me and Somi can stay? Look at you, you are lying beside her again and you're taking up so much bed space. Do you need some calming IV fluids and oxygen? Should I call the nurse for you?"

 

 

I got up from Winter's bed and I aggressively walked up to Chaewon. Ennik had to step inbetween us when I got all pissed and tried to get all up in her face. "Come here you piece of ."

 

 

"Ouch, hahaha hey, easy there! This is assault and battery Karina I will sue you!"

 

 

I was trying to grab her but she was fast enough to hide behind Ennik. She was dodging my hands and Ennik was blocking me so I couldn't get hold of her shirt.

 

 

"Rina stop it now, you are acting like a kid. Wag mo na nga patulan to si Chaewon, ikaw naman you stop na din. Alam mo na nga na pikon si Rina iniinis mo pa. Tumigil ka na Chaewon please."

 

 

"I didn't do anything I just gave her a suggestion because she looks weak, she obviously needs an IV."

 

 

"That's enough, grabe one month na kayong ganito. Are you not ashamed? Alam ni ate Taeyeon and lahat ng friends natin Karina that the you are always creating a scene here!"

 

 

"Hindi ko kasalanan! You have to get rid of this one!"

 

 

"Well don't blame me! I am just here to see Winter but her ing human hotdog right here can't control herself."

 

 

"Call me a ing hotdog one more time I swear to god Chaewon I'm gonna break your nose!"

 

 

"Okay hindi na..."

 

 

"Hotdog!!!"

 

 

"I told you, don't try me!"

 

 

"Hey stop! stop! ! Karina ano ba, go to the parking lot if you want to fight. You are acting like high school kids oh my god I can't believe you two. Nakakahiya kayo, you are so immature."

 

 

"Ouch hindi na nga, I'm going to stop now. I promise!"

 

 

"Don't with me Chaewon, I will kick your and ruin you!"

 

 

"Hahahahaha just my ?!"

 

 

"What the , Chaewon please can you stop?! Tumigil ka na din! Rina you go there na, you stay beside Winter. Oh my gosh I cannot believe this, I feel like I am baby-sitting right now. Chaewon, come here just stay beside me, wag mo na siya inisin."

 

 

"I told you don't try me. I will seriously kick your . You have been getting on my nerves and you've been pissing me off, don't dare me!"

 

 

"Karina enough! Bumalik ka na dyan, stay beside Winter wag mo na pansinin to si Chaewon. Grabe kayong dalawa. Don't you notice, the two of you are becoming more troublesome na. You don't act your age, para kayong bata. This is so embarrassing!"

 

 

"It's not my fault you should ask that leech to leave! I've been trying to get rid of her pero pinagpipilitan niya yung sarili niya dito."

 

 

"I am not a leech. I came here before you, you are the one who's late. Actually no, all of us came here before you and now you are acting as if you own Winter? You are so pathetic Karina, what a shame."

 

 

"Hey Chaewon just don't, please. Rina let it go. The two of you need to stop."

 

 

"Get the out of here Chaewon, we don't need you. You are not even our friend!"

 

 

"You are always yelling and arguing. Are you not worried about Winter? Karina you are always beside her but all she is hearing are foul words and cursing. You think the two of you are helping her recover? Both of you are so insensitive and immature, nakakahiya yung ginagawa niyo."

 

 

"It's not my fault, yan yung sisihin mo that sitting beside you."

 

 

"Can't you try being civil, mahirap ba gawin yun?"

 

 

"I am sorry about what happened Somi, I am going to stop now. I am sorry Karina."

 

 

" you Chaewon!"

 

 

"Son of a Rina will you stop it now?! Grabe you are there beside Winter and that's what you are doing? Umayos ka nga!"

 

 

"Get rid of that leech so we can have peace."

 

 

"Ano ba gusto mo Rina, do you want all of us to stop coming here?"

 

 

"No. Only that ing leech, I don't want to see her ever again and I don't want her to come near Winter."

 

 

"Chaewon is a friend of hers and you don't have the right to control the people around her."

 

 

"I am not controlling people Ennik, I just want her to stop coming here and she has to stay away from us. Especially now that-"

 

 

"That what?"

 

 

"Nothing, nevermind."

 

 

"Tell us so we can get this over with. The two of you can't keep fighting like this, pag umabot to kay tita sobrang nakakahiya."

 

 

"It's because Winter might wake up soon that's why Karina wants me gone. I'm sure natatakot na siya."

 

 

"You want Chaewon to stop being friends with Winter, is that it?" 

 

 

"I didn't say that, but she has to know her place. Wala naman talaga silang pinagsamahan pero pinipilit niya yung sarili niya. No one likes you here!"

 

 

"Rina I'm sorry but you know that she doesn't have to, Chaewon is not doing anything wrong, that's what we were trying to tell you last week. She only makes you mad because you are scared to lose Winter."

 

 

"I am not losing Winter to her. No ing chance as if I'm gonna let that happen."

 

 

"See! alam mo naman pala then why are you still getting mad?"

 

 

"I know that she gets satisfaction when she irritates me Ennik, she does it on purpose."

 

 

"Ano ba gusto niyo mangyari dalawa? You are both being immature and you bother Winter, this is not good for her. She is recovering from a major brain surgery tapos puro ganito yung naririnig niya. You are not helping her."

 

 

"I am really sorry about this chaos Somi and I am sorry that you have to witness it. I will do what Karina wants, I am just going to stop coming here para matapos na."

 

 

"Chaewon, hey."

 

 

"No it's okay, really. I am going to do this for Winter. You are right it's becoming so toxic and this might delay her recovery."

 

 

"You don't have to do that, the two of you can compromise naman, Karina?"

 

 

"No, because we can never get along, it will always be like this when she comes here."

 

 

"Somi, it's fine don't worry about it. This is getting tiring, I'm gonna let her have it."

 

 

"Took you long enough."

 

 

"Yeah whatever you say Karina, it will never change the fact that you are a coward and you are great at destroying the good things. You can go yourself. See you around Somi."

 

 

"You know nothing! Get lost!"

 

 

"Oh my god Karina are you for real?"

 

 

"What?" I could tell that Ennik looked so worried that Chaewon left the room."You can go after her, I won't mind."

 

 

"Rina you are becoming toxic. Dba I am always telling you to focus on yourself, you can't go on like this. You just recovered, wag mo naman sayangin yung six month because of a petty fight and shallow misunderstandings."

 

 

"I am not doing anything naman and I'm okay. I'm able to handle things now."

 

 

"Able to handle things now, you sure? If I'm not here you could've hurt each other."

 

 

"Then it's her lucky day."

 

 

"Rina please. Are you forgetting what the doctors said? Winter might wake up anytime. That's why we are telling you that you have to focus on yourself now. When the time comes that she becomes conscious, you think you will be ready?"

 

 

"Of course, yeah I think I am."  

 

 

"Are you sure? You can never tell what she will be like when she wakes up."

 

 

"Yeah I can handle it."

 

 

"I am not being negative Rina, but what if she doesn't remember you or she doesn't want to see you. Are you gonna be able to take it? We don't want you suffering from another relapse again."

 

 

"Like what I always say, I will leave only if Winter asks me to. I am fine Ennik you don't have to worry."

 

 

"Sabi mo dati you will stay when she is unconscious and aalis ka na once she wakes up, bakit nag iiba na? As I see it you can't seem to let her go Karina, nagiging grabe na yung attachment mo kay Winter. Don't forget that the two of you have broken up. Pag naalala niya yung mga nangyari sainyo she might resent you, are you sure kakayanin mo yun?"

 

 

"Yes. I will have to face it. I just want to take care of her and I don't want to leave her side without knowing that she is safe and normal."

 

 

"You might have it harder Rina, be open to the possibilities and please focus on yourself. Always put your sanity first."

 

 

"Yeah I know that."

 

 

"You cannot take care of someone and you cannot help them heal if you yourself is unwell."

 

 

"I am okay, Ennik"

 

 

"Yeah but for how long?"

 

 

"I'm ready to face anything and wala ako magagawa kapag ayaw na talaga ni Winter. I am here to take care of her, yun lang naman."

 

 

"Will you believe me when I say that Chaewon is the least of your worries? I hope you can at least be civil with her, for Winter."

 

 

"Why should I?"

 

 

"Ano ba yan, are you stupid? You have to control your emotions, getting so furious with people is going to cost you every time. You are doing great with therapy and your medications but because of Winter's friend sinasayang mo lahat. Umamin ka nga."

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"Do you see Chaewon as a threat?"

 

 

"Oh please. Over my dead body."

 

 

"It's a simple yes or no question. Is she a threat to you?"

 

 

"No."

 

 

"Yun pala eh, then you don't have to worry."

 

 

"But.."

 

 

"What? I'm willing to listen Rina, you can tell me everything."

 

 

"Why would I tell you everything, you are Winter's ex, another competition."

 

 

"Oh god, Chaewon was absolutely right you are pathetic."

 

 

"Then why are you always here? You thought I won't notice, from the time that Winter held my hand, you went here three times Ennik. What's your reason?"

 

 

"Oh gosh, how can you be so smart, gorgeous and so dumb at the same time Karina?!"

 

 

"You are ing roasting me? Do you want me to kick your as well?"

 

 

"Hahahaha you are unbelievable. You are so silly and immature. I mean I get that your love for Winter turned you into this but holy Rina."

 

 

"What?!"

 

 

"Dude you are acting like a whiny little girl who has lost her toy. You are like a bratty little who is crying to her mom at Walmart. That's how you are whenever Chaewon is here. Naisip mo ba yun? kaya ka niya iniinis eh."

 

 

"Great, you are insulting me now."

 

 

"If Winter sees you starting all these drama, she's definitely gonna call you out. You are becoming so immature Rina and it's alarming."

 

 

"No I'm not."

 

 

"Be open and reach out to us, I am willing to listen to you."

 

 

"Fine."

 

 

"So pano, now that Chaewon might not return I think it's time for you to stop. Are you contented?"

 

 

"No."

 

 

"Why not?"

 

 

"The problem is, I know that when Winter wakes up there's always gonna be a possibility that she might look for her and it frightens me."

 

 

"Hey don't assume things that you are unsure of, pag inisip mo yan you can get hurt and you might have it worse."

 

 

"What if they end up together, pano ako?"

 

 

"I thought you are ready to move on from your relationship?"

 

 

"Hindi ko kaya na mapunta si Winter kay Chaewon. She can do whatever and be with whoever she wants, basta wag lang sakanya."

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"It's like they are the same person and it's scary, they even look so much alike and they share the same interests. What if she really is her soulmate?"

 

 

"I am going to ask you, what made you think that Chaewon is into Winter? I want to know. Out of all our friends, only Ning and Ryujin are the ones who think that she likes her but the rest, they don't see it."

 

 

"All of you are blind then, how come you don't see it when it's right in front of us, halata naman."

 

 

"That's why I am giving you the chance to state your reasons because I am curious and I wanna hear it. Look, I am just helping you to get your together Rina."

 

 

"Okay, sige. Chaewon hasn't admitted the reason why she gave the vinyl to Winter four years ago. Malamang ginawa niya yun because she likes her."

 

 

"Okay what else?"

 

 

"Why is she sacrificing her career just to be with her? I mean I get that she is not that famous so malamang she's not that in demand baka kaya nakakapag stay siya dito sa Manila ng matagal."

 

 

"She is not that famous? Okay and then?"

 

 

"She also said that she promised her something, I mean who does that? You've only spent time with the person for two weeks bakit may promises na kagad? What if yung promise pala nila, they like set a date kung kailan magiging sila? Dba it's possible because they are both single and I won't deny it. That little er is kinda cute because she looks like my Winter."

 

 

"You find Chaewon cute? Okay, go on.."

 

 

"The way she touches Winter, it literally annoys the out of me, she does it so naturally like I get so mad just thinking about it. The way she touches her face and kisses her forehead tangina it makes me want to hit her. Like you would only do that pag meron kayong pinagsamahan. This is what I ask her and hindi niya masagot every time."

 

 

"And that is?"

 

 

"I think something, nevermind."

 

 

"Something what?"

 

 

"My gut is telling me that... I kind of feel like something already happened between the two of them when Winter was staying in the island."

 

 

"Something happened between them, you mean ual?"

 

 

"Ennik don't say it!! Oh gosh it literally irks my entire soul! It makes me hate that little even more."

 

 

"Hahaha Rina can you please calm down oh my god you are too loud, Winter is getting shocked because of you."

 

 

"Nakakainis eh!"

 

 

"Can you get out of her bed and sit here on the couch? umalis ka na dyan. No wonder Winter is calling you a giant baby, now I understand." 

 

 

"Don't ever say that word. That's one of the things I want to know, but Chaewon is giving me a hard time. I want to know everything from the start."

 

 

"What you mean from the start?"

 

 

"From the day she met Winter at the vinyl shop, I want to know what she was thinking. I want her to tell me everything, even the reason why she loves her."

 

 

"Chaewon loves Winter?"

 

 

"Yes she does."

 

 

"How the hell did you even come up with that conclusion?"

 

 

"I am not the only who felt it Ennik, na-confirm ko na."

 

 

"How are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter