Seven

Without You

After we cried our hearts out, Byunghee let go of me. I got up from the floor and wiped my face with my hand. 

"You can stay but you're not going to school with me. There's another room at the end of the hall." I said, turning my back against him. 

"I-" 

"Seunghyun doesn't know about us breaking up. I didn't tell him that you didn't come with me but since you're here at least I'll feel less guilty lying to him." I walked to my room, closed and locked the door. I went to my bed and forced myself to fall asleep. 

I didn't want my mind to wander; I didn't want to think. I counted sheep, I counted to 1000, I counted from 1000 to 1 until the last thing I thought of was how blurry everything looked. 

 

{ PRESENT TIME } 

 

It was midnight when I came back to the apartment. I didn't bother to sneak back inside quietly and casually walked back inside my room. Luckily, Byunghee wasn't waiting inside so I got my clothes and changed out of my uniform and into pajamas. When I was about to sit on my bed, I heard my door open. 

"You're back." Surprisingly it wasn't Byunghee; it was Youngbae. 

"Bae oppa." 

He gave me a small smile and entered my room. He stood next to the door. 

"A-are you hungry?" He asked casually. 

I shook my head no. "I'm fine, thanks." 

"We were really worried when you disappeared. Especially Byunghee." He looked at me while I averted my attention to my lap. 

"I know he messed up pretty badly, and I know that it's really hard for you to see him everyday. I can't begin to imagine the pain you have felt because of what happened but know the he sincerely cares and loves you. He broke up with you because he was trying to protect you. I know, its ironic; to protect you, he had to break your heart." 

I closed my eyes for a moment to let the tears fall down on my lap. 

"Byunghee … he … never told you about her, huh? Mina." 

My hands clenched into fists at the mention of her name. Her brother was the member of a rival gang my brother was enemies with.

"She forced him to break up with you. At the time, he was afraid of her because her brother was getting strong underground and he was scared that she'll really harm you and you brother. She told him that she would kidnap you and torture you for days and send your dead body to his front step." 

I could feel my heartbeat accelerate. 

"She had a thing for Byunghee as well. He didn't want to take any chances, that's why he went with her." 

He paused for a while. I looked up at him and he was leaning onto the door with his leg propped up and his hands in his pockets. 

"But she got into that car accident the moment you left for Busan. The only other person that knew about their deal was me, that's why he went crazy searching for you. When he found out that you left, he threatened your maids to tell him where you were; he went ballistic. Then the maids finally broke down and told him you went to Busan he jumped onto his bike and rode all the way there." 

"S-stop." I whispered.

Youngbae looked at me and pursed his lips together. 

"I-it doesn't mean I'll let him come back into my life. It doesn't mean I'll easily give in; it doesn't mean I'll let him back into my heart." I stood up. 

Youngbae nodded his head and pushed himself off of the door. 

"When you got into that accident he looked so broken. I know you're going to Seoul High for Daesung. Revenge isn't always the best." He then left my room. 

I sighed loudly and collapsed back onto my bed, suddenly feeling tired.

"What if it isn't for revenge …" I mumbled to myself before falling asleep.

-

SORRY FOR THE  EXTREMELY SHORT CHAPTERS LATELY T___T;; Writers block has been plaguing me. I know it's sorta weird, transitioning from the past to present, and I know you guys probably have a ton of questions right now, know that they'll all be answered in the future chapters.