Chapter Twenty-Five

Without You

Irina woke up to the sight of Daesung sleeping. She smiled shamelessly and kissed him lightly on the tip of his nose. Daesung scrunched up his face and started to wake up, yawning in the process. He looked down to see Irina staring up at him and smiled. 

"Good morning again." 

"Good morning." She replied. 

"Should we get up?" She asked. 

He shrugged his shoulders and pulled her closer to his body. 

"I kind of don't want to." He pouted childishly. 

Irina pushed him to the side and sat up on the bed. 

"What time is it?" She asked. 

Daesung shrugged his shoulders as his bottom lip stuck out. 

"Worthless." Irina muttered under her breath. 

"Yah, what did you say?" 

"Nothing, nothing." Irina grabbed the clock on the table next to the bed. It said that it was 9 in the morning.

"What the ... so we slept for two hours?" 

"Really?" Daesung grabbed the clock from her. 

"It felt like we slept for hours." He scratched his head and placed the clock down. 

"Wait ... what if we slept through the whole day?" Irina gasped. 

"Holy ... No way ..." Daesung muttered in disbelief and ran out her room and into his. He grabbed his digital clock which showed the date and the time and his eyes grew wide. 

They did sleep the whole day yesterday. 

Irina entered his room and checked the digital clock. 

"Omo ..." She gasped. 

"So we have one day left ..." 

She pouted sadly at him and he pulled her into a hug. 

"Aish, since when did we get so mushy." He chuckled. 

"Honestly I have no idea." 

"So how about we get ready and we visit the school?" Irina nodded at the idea and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before she ran out of his room. 

-- 

"Can you change your clothes?" Irina bluntly remarked at Daesung. 

"What? Why?" He thought that he looked decent. 

Daesung was wearing a sleeveless hoodie and black pants with a chain attached on the side. 

"First, your arms are going to freeze to death and second, we're matching." Irina crossed her arms and gave him a glare. 

Irina was wearing a black shirt with the same design of Daesung's shirt, a black cardigan and navy blue skinny jeans. 

"Psh, its fine, I don't get cold easily, its warmer than usual, and what's wrong with matching?" 

"People think we're going out." 

"But we are." 

"Nope." 

"You confess your feelings to me the other night and now you deny it?"

"Who said I confessed anything?" 

"You said 'I'm yours'! What the hell Irina!?" 

Irina stuck her tongue out at him. 

"Aishhhh." Daesung scratched his head in frustration. 

Irina smiled at the irritated boy. She walked to his side and grabbed his arm. He looked at her with a confused look and she tugged at his arm. 

"Lets go." She pulled him to the front door. 

-- 

"You're going to get a brain freeze." Daesung scolded at Irina who was eating her ice cream too fast. 

"noi'mnot-ARGH!" She held her head in pain as she dropped the spoon onto the table. 

"Told you." Daesung stuck his tongue out at her as he continued to eat his ice cream. 

Irina glared at the male and picked her spoon back up from the table. She ate her ice cream slowly this time and savored the creamy texture of her chocolate malted crunch ice cream. 

"Can I try your ice cream?" Daesung reached out with his spoon to her ice scream when she moved the cup and shook her head no. 

"Yah why! I wanna try!" He whined, shaking in his seat. 

"Cause it's my ice cream! Get your own!" 

"But I paid for yours!" 

"You gave me the cup therefore it's mine." Irina scooped up a large glob of ice cream from the cup and into . 

Daesung pouted and squished his cheeks with his hands. 

"You look stupid." 

"Liar I look cute!" 

"Since when were you this lame Daesung-ah?" Irina . 

"Since you started not sharing your ice cream!" 

"Aish, you baby, here." She scooped up some of the ice cream onto her spoon and raised it up to his lips. Daesung opened his mouth and ate the ice cream. 

"Waaah, yours is good." He his lips and nodded his head at her. 

"Okay weirdo." She rolled her eyes. 

"You're so mean. Why are you so mean to your boyfriend?" Daesung waved his spoon at her. 

"Cause you're easy to bully." Irina stuck her tongue out at him.

A mischevious look grew on Daesung's face. Irina looked at him confused, and a bit afraid of what he's thinking of. 

"W-why do you look like that?" She asked him. 

He slowly got up from his seat. Irina gulped, looking up at the male. He quickly grabbed her ice cream cup and ran the opposite direction from where she sat. 

"YAH!" She screamed, a few people looked at her direction. She stood up from her chair and ran after him, not noticing a familiar hooded figure watching the two. 

-- 

Daesung rubbed his red forehead as he followed close behind Irina. He exhaled loudly as they continued to walk down the street to the school they both attended once. Irina marched forward, ignoring the male's sighs. 

"I said I was sorry." Daesung muttered softly. 

Irina turned her head only to stick her tongue out at Daesung. 

"Really, you're not going to talk to me?" Daesung stopped rubbing his forehead only to see Irina nod her head 'yes' at what he said. 

"Seriously, you're being so mean to me." 

Irina shrugged her shoulders and continued to walk. Daesung walked the same pace as her and interlocked his fingers with hers. Irina tried to yank her hand out of his hold but he held tightly onto hers. Irina glared at the male while he smiled sweetly at her. She let out a defeated sigh and relaxed her hand so that they held hands effortlessly. 

After a few minutes, they stood in front of the school. They both looked at each other and smiled at one another, remembering the memories they shared back then. 

"Let's go." He tugged their interlocked hands and walked forward to the entrance of the school. Though the building was closed, the gate surrounding the school was unlocked so people can use the school basketball courts and soccer fields during the weekends. 

They walked around the school, pointing out the windows of rooms where they once had a class in, talking about random thoughts they had while they sat in class.

The two walked to the back of the school where the multi-colored tables were situated at. A figure with his back turned was standing in front of one of the tables. Irina looked at Daesung who was curious about who the person was. The figure turned but the two couldn't see his face because the hood of his jacket covered his face. The figure brought up his hands to his hood and pulled it down. 

"B-byunghee ..." Irina gasped, covering with her free hand. 

Daesung's grip on Irina's hand tightened. 

"Irina ..." Byunghee forcibly smiled at Irina. 

"W-what are you doing here?" She asked him. 

"I ... I need to speak with you. Privately." Byunghee directed his glare at Daesung whose expression remained stoic.

"What you need to tell her you can tell me. We're kind of ... well just look." Daesung raised their interlocked hands, causing Byunghee's lip to twitch. 

Byunghee smirked at his reaction. 

"To be honest, I lied. I was going to take her away if you had let her talk with me privately." 

Daesung gritted his teeth but kept his expression unreadable. 

"Irina lets go." Daesung tugged at their hands but Irina remained standing in her place. 

"Byunghee tell me why you're here." She ignored Daesung. 

"You know why I'm here." 

"N-no, I don't. Wasn't the other night clear enough? I'm with him now Byunghee." 

"No." Byunghee shook his head. 

"You don't love him. You love me!" 

It pained her to see him like this; Byunghee was the type that wouldn't let his emotions get in the way. He was the type to think rationally, he would never be like this. 

"I did. I loved you Byunghee." Irina dropped her gaze to the floor. Her hand grew limp in Daesung's hold. Daesung let go of her hand and stood next to her. His heart was beating frantically inside his chest. 

She hated knowing that she was hurting the one person she loved so much before, but she knew that she had to do this. She took a deep breath and brought her gaze back up to Byunghee. His eyes were red and tears rimmed around his waterline. 

"Please let me go Byunghee." Irina bit down on her bottom lip. She could feel the tears about to burst from her eyes. 

Byunghee took a few steps towards Irina till he stood right in front of her. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his chest. He hugged her tightly knowing this would be the last time. 

"I don't hate you, rather I love you
My future is tied up in yours 
I'm sure you'll come back 
I know I'm a fool for feeling this way, but that's the way my heart is" 

He kissed her forehead. 

"This waiting is so tough 
But no matter how tired I may be 
My love for you will never end"

He let her go and nodded his head. He looked up at Daesung and their eyes met; Daesung knew what Byunghee was thinking. 

"Don't hurt her. I'll ing kill you." 

Daesung nodded and Byunghee left the two. 

Irina turned to Daesung and collapsed in his arms, crying. 

 

-- 

If you guys are curious about the italicized portion of what Byunghee tells her, its from 1TYM's Without You. ^^ The youtube video is here and the translations are here. You guys should check them out! :3