Thirty-Eight

Without You

Irina looked out of the window of the bus while Aika slept on her shoulder. Due to everything that happened to her, she couldn't sleep anymore. Of course, if she tried really hard, she'd fall asleep but those moments of unconciousness end with her crying hysterically and her face red with scratches. There were moments where her eyes would be so red and her body so fatigued that Aika would give her sleeping pills so she could fall asleep. Only then would she have a dreamless sleep and she'd actually wake up normally. 

It started to rain. She looked at the streaks of water down the window as the bus ride progressed. She had been an expert in pushing away unwanted thoughts. She did, have a lot of practice.

-- 

Byunghee ran out of the private jet that Seunghyun provided and into a familiar car parked in front of the private airport Seunghyun owned. The car keys were given to him during the plane ride and an address to where he would meet Seunghyun. 

In a short time Byunghee realized so many things had changed in a span of two years. He felt he shouldn't be surprised considering things in his world tend to change quickly. 

After twenty minutes of reckless driving, Byunghee parked his car in front of a white, one-story house. He noticed that it was on top of a small hill, and under it a large beach. 

Byunghee dashed to the front door and knocked on the door furiously. 

"Byunghee!" Cheolyong screamed, practically tackling him down. 

Cheolyong let go of the male and Byunghee took a good look at the boy. His hair was blonde and he had a long scar that started on his left cheek, down to his neck. Cheolyong noticed Byunghee staring so he quickly tugged on his arm and pulled him inside the house. 

"We've missed you hyung." Cheolyong flung his arm onto Byunghee's shoulders. 

"I missed you guys as well." Byunghee replied emotionlessly. 

They entered the living room where Seunghyun, Youngbae and two other men Byunghee didn't recognize. Cheolyong saw the confusion on Byunghee's face and explained. 

"That's Seungri and Cheondoong. You can call the taller one Thunder if you want. They were from Daesung's crew." Byunghee's body tensed at the mention of his name. 

"Where was he?" He thought. 

"Good to have you back." Seunghyun patted Byunghee's shoulder. 

"Hyung, care to explain what you told me on the phone? And this time, with more detail?" Byunghee stood while the others sat down. He wanted an explanation. 

The other four men looked down while Seunghyun nodded. 

"To start things off, Taehyun is dead." 

Byunghee's eyes grew wide. 

"W-what?!" 

"After you left, things did settle down. We thought that Taehyun would strike right after we saved her. But he didn't for a year, nothing happened. Things actually felt normal, you know? Like we weren't in this crap but then-" Seunghyun's eyes glazed over and he cleared his throat. 

"-Taehyun killed Dongwoon. We knew it was coming but-" Seunghyun sighed. 

What was their relationship when I left?

"Taehyun then targeted hyung's girlfriend." Cheolyong continued. 

"Y-you have a girlfriend?!" Byunghee's eyes grew wide. 

"Dongwoon's childhood friend, Aika. Taehyun targeted her next. But he didn't know that Aika was a taekwondo prodigy and she messed him up pretty well. She tried to save Dongwoon but by the time she came, he was already dead." Cheolyong said. 

"Taehyun then went after Irina.Of course by that time, we already knew he was after us but-" Cheolyong started to cry. He wiped his tears with the back of his hand. Cheondoong walked towards the younger male and patted his shoulder. 

"S-sorry, aha." Cheolyong stuttered, still wiping the tears.

"He killed Changsun..." Cheolyong buried his head into Cheondoong's chest.

Byunghee stood there, shocked. 

"N-no way ... no ..." He muttered. 

"Sh-she was pregnant, hyung." Cheolyong quietly said. 

Byunghee's eyes grew even wider. 

"They were hiding here, I bought this house for them. I-I knew he would protect her, he did. But Taehyun found them and-" 

"Taehyun killed Daesung." Cheondoong finished monotenously. 

"WHAT?!" 

"Taehyun was about to shoot Irina but Daesung jumped in front of her and the bullet pierced through his chest. Irina then lunged forward and took the gun from Taehyun, beating the of the gun into his skull until it caved in." Seunghyun stood up from the couch and looked out of the window and to the ocean. 

Why was he limping? Byunghee thought. 

"She called me and I drove here as fast as I could. She was covered in blood with Daesung's body on her lap. When I arrived, he closed his eyes." Seunghyun bit on his lower lip and let out a deep breath. 

"Where is she?" Byunghee asked. 

-- 

"You deserve to die you !" Taehyun growled, pointing the gun to Irina.

Irina stood there, frozen, unable to move. She forced her limbs to at least flinch but she was immobile. She looked to her right and stared at Daesung who was unconcious and his head bleeding from Taehyun hitting him on the head with a lamp.

She looked down at her stomach and placed her hand on it. She closed her eyes and let the tears fall. 

"No, please. N-not when- not when we haven't started our family." She sobbed. 

Just when Taehyun pulled the trigger, Daesung leaped forward, the bullet piercing through his chest. Irina opened her eyes and her breathing stopped. 

"NO!" She screamed as Daesung fell down in front of her, blood endlessly dripping from his chest and blood coming out of his mouth. She kneeled down and held his face. 

"No, Daesung, please, no, d-don't leave me, you promised! You said we'd get married! You said you'd never leave me! W-we're going to be parents!" She sobbed carelessly. 

A laugh came out of Taehyun's mouth as he watched Daesung die. 

Irina looked up and that's where everything turned hazy for her. 

She leaped up from the floor and grabbed the gun from Taehyun. She shot him multiple times in the chest. 

"HOW DOES IT FEEL YOU BASTARD!" She cried. Once the bullets were out, she started to bash his face with the of the gun. She didn't stop even after she felt Taehyun's body grow limp on her. She cried and kept hitting him. 

"I-Irina ..." She dropped the gun and looked behind her. 

"D-daesung!" She almost forgot.

She rushed back to his side and pulled him onto her lap. 

"Please, Daesung, I-I-" She took out her phone and called her brother, telling him to come over and call 119 as well. 

Daesung cupped her face, his infamous smile spreading across his lips. 

"I love you." He said.

She placed her hand ontop of his and kissed his hand. 

"I love you." She smiled, squeezing his hand lightly. 

"Don't forget ... o-okay?" His eyelids started to droop. 

"I-I won't forget because you'll be here to remind me! D-daesung!" She cried. 

He closed his eyes and nodded his head weakly. 

"O-one ... last ... time ..." He quietly mumbled. 

"Hmm?" She leaned down towards his face. 

Daesung used the remainder of his strength to pull her face forward to his, claiming her lips. Irina pressed her lips forward, kissing him back. She could feel him slowly weaken. 

"No ..." She whimpered against his lips while he smiled on hers. 

"My love for you will never end ... forever until the next world..." He opened his eyes slightly to give her a warm and loving gaze.

"Daesung ..." She whimpered as he closed his eyes. 

He slumped to her chest, she closed her eyes and another set of tears fell down her face. She held his body tightly, soft gasps and sobs echoed through the room. 

"Irina?" Aika waved her hand in front of Irina. 

"What?" She snapped out of her thoughts. 

Aika handed her a handkerchief. 

"Here." She said. 

Irina touched her face and noticed only then that she was crying. She quickly dried her tears and held the handkerchief in her hand. Aika looked beside her friend and felt helpless. 

"Nothing I could do can take the pain away. God, I'm so sorry Irina. I'll try harder." Aika said in her head. 

 

--

Okay, first off, I'm really sorry o m f g. When I wrote this chapter I was so close to tears, I had to take breaks before I could continue reading. Just, oh my goodness. I know you guys probably have more questions because I didn't really go and explain myself. I don't really want to add these into the next chapter cause I think I'll burst into tears and not finish so I'll just tell you guys now.

  • The other people who died besides Daesung are Dongwoon, Changsun (Joon), and Jiyong. It wasn't mentioned but yes, Jiyong died as well. Jiyong died with Changsun. I didn't want you guys to be surprised when I mention in the future chapters that Jiyong is gone so ... yeah. He is gone too. 
  • Seunghyun and Dongwoon grew close while Byunghee was away. They became close and that was partially the reason why Seunghyun and Aika got into a relationship. Since Dongwoon and Aika were childhood friends, Dongwoon sensed that both of his friends had feelings for each other and he set them up. Dongwoon also grew close to Irina, so naturally, Aika and Irina became friends as well. 
  • Ten months after Byunghee left, Irina became pregnant. When Taehyun killed Daesung, Irina was two months pregnant. 
  • Seungri and Cheondoong joined Seughyun's group after Daesung and Jiyong died. 
  • I won't tell you guys about Irina's scar on here, it'll be revealed in a future chapter. 

I think that's it x-x If I left anything out, please let me know and I'll explain it (unless I'll write about it in the fic) the next time I update.