Chapter Twenty-Seven

Without You

"We're here." Daesung shook Irina's shoulder to wake her up from her sleep. Irina's head shot up as she rubbed her eyes open. 

They were parked in front of her apartment complex. She turned to him surprised.

"W-why are we here? Aren't I supposed to stay with you?" She asked. 

"The moment we left Busan was the moment I stopped being selfish. I don't want to force you to live with me. You deserve to do things on your own." Daesung explained, looking out the window. 

"R-really? You're going to let me live on my own?" Her eyes grew wide with shock. 

"Mhm. I trust you." He pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. 

They pulled away from each other. Irina took off her seatbelt and opened the car door. She stepped out and opened the backseat door to grab her belongings. Daesung got out of the car and walked her up the stairs. 

"Well ... this is it." Irina said. 

Daesung nodded his head.

"Do you have the key?" He asked. 

"Oh! Uh ... there's a spare one under the mat." Irina took out the spare key from the floor. 

"That isn't very safe." Daesung scratched his head.

"It's fine, its not like anyone would go and break into a dingy apartment. Besides, I can take care of myself."

"Yah, just ... don't keep things like that in obvious hiding spots." 

Irina nodded her head. 

"Okay, okay." She smiled at him. 

They stood in front of the open door in silence. Irina chewed on her bottom lip while Daesung drummed his fingers along his legs. 

Just when Daesung was about to say something, his phone started to ring. He picked it up and excused himself from her, walking halfway down on the staircase. Irina watched him intently as he continued to speak on the phone. He looked back at her and smiled sweetly at her. Her heart fluttered at the sight of his breath-taking smile. 

Daesung hung up and walked back to her.

"I have to go. I have some business to attend to." He said, pulling her into a hug. 

Flustered, she wrapped her arms around him to return the hug. 

"Okay." She kissed him on the cheek as they separated from the hug. 

"I'll be back tonight, promise." He said, kissing her on the forehead before he left. 

She stood in front of her door till she heard his car leave. She sighed, opening the door. She stepped inside the apartment and dropped her belongings onto the floor. She closed the door and walked inside her room. 

She stood in front of the doorframe and looked around. 

Everything is different now. 

She sat on her bed and looked out her window. 

What's going to happen next?

-- 

"He'll be coming soon." Seungri told Jiyong who was pacing back and forth in the living room of their apartment.

"Aish, finally. Why did they take so long?!" 

"Yah, Hyung calm down." Seungri patted the older males shoulder. 

Jiyong exhaled deeply. 

"How can I calm down at a time like this?" Jiyong sat down on the couch, defeated. 

"We have to tell him that-" 

The door swung open, letting in a hurrying Daesung into the building. 

"What is going on?" He asked the two. 

"Hyung ..." 

Daesung's phone received a text message. He pulled it out from his pocket. 

"You shouldn't have left her