Thirty-Six

Without You

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes! Let go of me Daesung, I'm not a two-year-old trying to learn how to walk!" Irina whined, swatting away her boyfriends' hands. 

Daesung pouted chidishly and crossed his arms as his girlfriend focused on walking properly. 

Since it had been weeks since Irina used her legs, the night she escaped caused her legs to not function properly due to sudden movement. Since her accident in Busan almost ended up in her immobility, it was harder for her legs to recover. 

Irina held her arms up to balance herself as she took small steps in her backyard, Daesung was right next to her, ready to catch her when she falls.

Irina's left calf stiffen, causing her to groan in pain, her body falling backwards. Daesung immediately looped his left arm behind her back, catching her in time. Irina started to massage her calf, in attempts of relieving the pain. Daesung cradled her legs with his free arm, carrying her bridal style. 

"Yah, put me back down, my leg is better." Irina mumbled. 

"That is enough practice for today. We don't want to overwork your legs now do we?" 

"N-no." Irina muttered under her breath, crossing her arms against her chest in the process. 

As they entered the house, Seunghyun ran towards the two.

"What happened?!" He asked immediately, surprising Irina. 

"My calf cramped up." She replied, still massaging her leg. 

Seunghyun patted his sisters head and ruffled her hair. 

"Aish, you need to be  more careful, okay? You're lucky I listened to you when you said you didn't want to go to the hospital. At least, you weren't awake." Seunghyun whispered the last part.

"Eh, what was that last sentence?" Irina raised her right eyebrow up. 

"N-nothing! Go rest." Seunghyun pushed Daesung towards the direction of Irina's room. 

Seunghyun entered the kitchen and grabbed a cold bottle of water from the fridge, wishing it was a bottle of beer instead. He twisted the cap off and took a large swig of water from the bottle. He placed it down onto the counter and stared into space. 

"Mr. Choi Seunghyun, may I please talk to you privately?" Seunghyun nodded at the doctor and left the hospital room Irina was in. 

"What is it that you want to discuss, Doc?" 

"I know that I am a third party in this and I signed a contract not to ask any information and to only tend to your wounds but Seunghyun, please be careful. I have been a friend of your father ever since we were young boys and I knew then that his family affairs should not be talked about. I know that he left you this duty to keep the business alive but be careful, and keep your sister safe. Her body has been through enough trauma and I'm afraid that if she keeps getting injured, her legs with give out. She is quite lucky this time, but I'm not sure if she will keep getting lucky from here on out. I'm asking as a family friend and as a person who is concerned for the both of you. I see the both of you as my own and I don't want anything bad happening to you both." 

"Hey, you okay?" Aika asked, waving her hand in front of Seunghyun. 

"Huh?" Seunghyun shook his head, snapping out of his thoughts. 

"You looked really troubled for a while there. Do you need to talk about it?" She asked him. 

Seunghyun shook his head and took another gulp of water. 

"You sure?" 

"Positive." Seunghyun replied, twisting the cap back onto the bottle.

"I know I'm in no position to pry but if you need someone to talk to, I'm a good listener." She then gave him an encouraging smile. 

"T-thanks."  Seunghyun replied, his heart skipping a beat. 

, since when did I become such a marshmallow?

-- 

Byunghee held onto his duffle bag tightly with his right hand and his left hand was holding onto a faded image of a boy and a girl. He was standing in front of the private jet that Seunghyun owned. He stared at the photograph and sighed. 

"I think it really is about time I let you go." Byunghee muttered under his breath, his fingers slowly let go of the picture, letting the wind blow it out of his hand. 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

"A new beginning." He said, walking up the stairs to the entrance of the plane. 

--

@_@ another short chapter ;~; sorry!