Fourteen

Without You

"Yeah, she's with me." Daesung told Seungri on the phone. 

I looked outside the car window, staring intently at the blank concrete wall. After I left Seunghyun, I silently promised myself that I wouldn't cry. 

"We'll be back in a few days. I have to run some errands. Seungri-ah, what the hell are you saying?! Aish! I'll be back with her, I'm not going to kill her! Okay, okay, bye." He hung up the phone. 

"Where are we going?" I turned my body to his direction. 

He shrugged his shoulders and started the car. 

"You should rest, it will take a while till we get to our destination." 

 

{third person pov} 

 

"Hey, wake up." He poked her forehead, causing Irina to stir in her sleep. 

"What?" Irina yawned as she rubbed her eyes. 

"We're here." Irina sat up straight on her seat and took her seatbelt off. She opened the car door and jumped down from the car. She stretched her arms and back. 

Daesung also out of the car. 

"Where are we?" Irina asked, looking around. 

"Busan." Daesung answered, walking towards the house in front of them. 

Irina stood frozen in place, realizing where they were. It was where Daesung once lived when she first met him. 

"Don't just stand there." Daesung looked back at her and urged her to follow him. 

Irina nodded her head and swiftly walked towards Daesung. Daesung got out the house keys and opened the door. They were greeted by silence as they entered.

"It still looks the same." Irina commented. 

"We're going to stay here for five days. You can use Seungri's old room." Daesung sat on the couch and closed his eyes. 

Irina walked towards Seungri's room, leaving Daesung to rest in the living room. She opened the door and the lights. A bed was on the right side of the room, a tv was at the foot of the bed, and a tall cabinet was on the left side of the room. Irina sat down on the bed and then lied down after. She stared at the ceiling until her eyelids felt heavy. 

Moments later she abruptly sat up from the bed and stood up. She walked out to check up on Daesung, who was asleep sitting up on the couch. 

She sat next to him, watching him sleep. 

 

Funny, you look so innocent when you sleep. 

 

"Am I that interesting to watch?" Daesung said out-loud, causing Irina to flinch. 

Daesung opened one eye and chuckled. He then opened his other eye and stretched his arms out.

"So what are we going to do now?" Irina asked him. 

"Well first, you need to dye your hair back to orange and also, you have to take those grey contacts off." 

"W-why?" I became accustomed to my brown hair. After moving back from Busan, I dyed my hair to brown and switched my other contacts to grey. 

"Lara needs to resurface." 

"E-even if I didn't change myself back to my old appearance, I'm still recognized." 

"Just listen to what I say." 

 

Its not like I have a choice. 

 

- {first person pov} -  

As I got out of the shower, I towel dried my now orange hair. I looked at myself through the bathroom mirror. I was shocked to see myself with hazel brown eyes once again. 

 

It's been a while since I've seen how I really looked; everything changed so much over the past few months. 

 

I dropped the towel onto the bathroom counter and started to dress. After I was finished, I grabbed the towel and my dirty clothes and made my way to my temporary room. I dressed myself in Seungri's clothes in the meantime. 

 

- {third person pov} - 

 

"You look good." Daesung commented her. 

"T-thanks." Irina nodded her head and went inside her room. She left the door open and placed the dirty clothes down on the floor next to the bed. She sat down on the bed and continued to dry her hair. 

"Hey." Daesung peered from outside. 

"Yeah?" 

"Be ready. We're going to leave in a few minutes." 

"Where are we going?" She asked. 

"I can't let others see my girlfriend wearing another mans clothes." He let out an angelic smile and walked away. 

Irina sat there awkwardly staring at the space where Daesung had stood a few seconds before; she couldn't help but take his words in a context that it shouldn't be taken. 

 

No. Don't be an idiot. 

 

She got up from the bed and placed the towel down, not caring if her hair looked incredibly messy. 

 

-- 

 

"Why should I let you pick out my new wardrobe?" Irina scoffed in disbelief. 

"Cause you're suppose to listen to me." Daesung argued. 

"That is a stupid reason why. What the hell, I am not wearing that!" Irina  grabbed the hanger that Daesung grabbed from the rack and placed it back. 

"What? That was a really nice shirt!" 

"Yeah, for a hooker!" 

"Aish, fine just pick whatever and I'll pay for it. Don't go too crazy with the clothes. Oh and pick something formal as well." Daesung left her as Irina looked at the other clothes. 

 

-- 

 

Daesung felt a soft poke on his back, he turned around to see Irina with five shirts, one pair of pants, and a black dress in her hands.

"Since I'm nice, I only picked out five shirts." Daesung chuckled, nodding his head. 

"Lets go then." He grabbed the clothes from her hands and proceeded to the cashier. 

Daesung placed the clothes onto the conveyor belt and the cashier pressed a button that brought the clothes closer to her. She greeted and smiled at the two as she rung up the clothes. 

"It will be 8700 won." Daesung gave a few bills at the woman and in return, she gave him his change and receipt.

"Have a great day!" Daesung nodded his head and took the bags of clothes from the counter.

Irina followed closely behind as they exited the store. Once they got inside the car, Daesung gave her the bags. 

"Where are we going next?" 

"We're going back home. Then we have to go to this little party later tonight." 

Irina sat there quietly. 

"We have to re-introduce Lara back to the world." An evil smirk crept upon Daesung's face.