Eighteen

Without You

 

She heard a soft knock on her door. She groaned, knowing she'd have to face him sooner or later. She got up from the bed and towards the door. She opened the door, expecting to see Daesung. 

"Hey.". 

"H-hi Seungri." Irina replied. 

"Can we talk?" He asked. 

"Yeah, sure. It's your room." She let him enter. 

Seungri sat onto the bed with both of his hands resting on his lap. Irina  closed the door and sat down next to him. The two sat in silence; Seungri didn't know how to initiate the conversation and Irina didn't want to break the silence. 

"I know what you're going to say." Irina said quietly. 

"If you knew what I was going to say, why did you even do this in the first place?" 

"It wasn't my decision." 

Seungri looked at her like she was crazy. 

"Of course it was your decision! I warned you about this!" Seungri let out an exasperated sigh. 

"I don't want to see you or him hurt." He mumbled. 

She patted him on the shoulder, reassuring him. 

"We won't hurt one another." She gave him a smile. 

Irina knew that what she said was untrue, but she needed Seungri to believe that they were happy together. She wasn't so sure herself. Even though the whole thing is a lie, overnight it became complicated, giving her these mixed emotions. 

"You guys better not." Seungri pouted, hugging Irina suddenly. 

"I-I promise!" 

-- 

After Seungri left, Irina grabbed some clothes and a towel, deciding she should take a shower. 

As the water pelted down her body, she couldn't stop her thoughts from going back to the kiss she and Daesung had shared. She touched her lips, feeling a tingling sensation on them.

"I really can't." She shook her head, trying to dispel the thoughts of him. 

She quickly finished her shower, rinsing off the remaining soap from her body. She turned off the shower, grabbing the towel that was hung on the bar outside of the tub. 

Drying her hair first, she wrung out the excess water and then towel-dried her hair. She then wrapped the towel across her body and got out of the tub. 

She took her shirt and a pair of Seungri's basketball shorts and put it on herself. She draped the towel onto her head and got out of the shower. 

Once she opened the door, Daesung was about to knock. He awkwardly placed his arm down and gave her a sheepish smile. 

"H-hi."

Irina moved out of the way and Daesung walked inside the bathroom, closing the door. She made her way towards the living room, she sat on the couch and grabbed the remote for the tv and started to watch tv. 

After ten minutes, Daesung came out of the bathroom, drying his hair with his towel only wearing black sweat pants. Irina focused her attention on the tv and away from his upper half, gulping nervously. 

He sat down next to her, still drying his hair. 

"Anything interesting?" He asked her. 


Yes, you.

 

"Nothing much, just lame day-time dramas." She placed the remote down on the couch. 

Daesung scooted himself closer to Irina, causing her to move away from him. He moved his body closer once more, as Irina did the same. 

"W-what are you doing?" She questioned her. 

"I want to sit closer next to you." 

"Why?"

Daesung shrugged his shoulders. 

"Well, I don't want to sit that close to you." 

"Why not?"

"Cause I don't want to."

"I know that, but why?"

"Do I need a reason?"

"Pretty much." 

Irina sighed out of defeat and brought her focus back onto the television. After a few minutes, Daesung draped his arm across Irina's shoulder. 

"Yah!" Irina grabbed his wrist, and took it off of her shoulder. 

"What's wrong? It's not like I'm making a move or anything." Daesung smirked playfully. 

"Just stay away from me, will you?" Irina whined, then sunk her back back onto the couch.

Daesung curiously watched her from his peripheral vision, laughing in his mind about how silly and adorable Irina reacted from his advances. Daesung then focused on the show as well, not realizing Irina's careful gaze at him.

Their stomachs growled in hunger, they both looked at once another, bursting into laughter. 

"What do you want to eat?" He asked. 

Irina shrugged her shoulders and fiddled with her thumbs. 

"Want to order some take out?" He asked. 

"Why not." 

-- 

Daesung paid the delivery boy and brought two plastic bags full of food onto the dining room table. Irina had already set the table while he took care of the food. Daesung took out the contents of the plastic and opened the styrofoam containers filled with piping hot food. 

Enjoy." Daesung told her before he started to get some food onto his plate. 

They both ate in silence, neither really bothering to make eye contact unless they needed to ask for a plate of food far away from their reach. 

"That was some good Chinese food." Daesung patted his stomach, he placed his spoon onto the dirty plate, sighing out of relief. 

"Yeah, that was really good." Irina replied, fixing her fork and spoon together on the middle of her plate. 

Irina reached out for Daesung's plate when he suddenly grabbed his plate back. 

"I'll wash." Irina offered. 

"No, I'll wash." 

"You bought the food so it's only fair if I wash." 

"But …" 

"Argh, I'm washing and that is final!" Irina yanked Daesung's dirty plate from his hand and grabbed her used plate to walk towards the sink. She placed down the dirty dishes and begin to wash. Daesung watched her intently as she hummed a sweet tune as she scrubbed the residue of food from the plates. 

Daesung suddenly walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Irina stopped washing the dishes for a moment, freezing inside Daesung's hold. 

"W-what are you doing?" She asked, still stunned. 

"I like you."