Chapter Twenty-Eight

Without You

{Irina POV} 

It was dark. Heck, I didn't know where the hell I was but the moment Taehyun took off the blindfold from my eyes and the ropes from my wrists, I kicked him in the shin and ran away. 

I knew it was outdoors because of the dirt ground and the smell of trees filled my lungs as I ran. I felt a slight cut from my left arm, I winced in pain. I didn't care about it, all I cared was to run away. 

"YOU STILL THINK YOU'RE A ING GOD HUH?" Taehyun yelled. 

I tried to quiet my breathing but I felt as if my lungs were about to burst if I tried to calm my breathing down. I held onto my left arm with my right hand to stop the bleeding. I suddenly felt light-headed and my vision started to become blurry. 

I shouldn't have underestimated the cut. 

"LETS SEE HOW LONG YOU'LL SURVIVE." He bellowed. 

I stood up from my hiding spot and continued to run. 

No way will I end this way. I won't let Taehyun get me. 

I could hear running steps behind me but I couldn't see a thing; the moon was not out and there were no lights. It didn't help that my sight was failing on me due to the blood loss. But still, I wasn't going to give up that easily. I've dealt with worse ... I think

How could I have let my guard down so low? This wouldn't have happened to me before; I wouldn't have gotten into this mess in the past. 

You let him in, thats why you're so weak now. 

No. I'm not going to put the blame on him. It's my fault. 

It is, you let yourself become weak, thats why you're going to die. 

I shook my thoughts away and continued to run. I could feel the blood from my arm seep through my hands after each step; I needed to stop and apply pressure or else I'll die without even fighting. 

As I ran, I ripped a part of the bottom of my shirt and tied it haphazardly on my arm. I wiped my blood onto my pants and kept running; I couldn't stop. No, I wouldn't let myself stop. 

All of a sudden I heard gunshots pointed to the sky. For a split second, I stopped running. 

, I need to run faster. 

"Running away won't save you now; you're going to die tonight." Taehyun mockingly taunted at me. 

His voice sounded far but it was as clear as if I was standing right next to him. 

WHERE THE AM I!?

{Daesung POV} 

"Hyung calm down I-" 

"I'm so stupid for leaving her on her own, I knew I should have brought her with me. , I told her that if she was mine this wouldn't happen." I ignored Seungri and ran out of the house, getting my keys out my pocket. 

"Hyung wait!" I didn't listen and ran to the drivers seat. 

I heard the passenger seat door open and the back seat as well, I look to my left and saw Jiyong in the passenger side and Seungri in the back. 

"Hyung we're going with you!" 

I turned the engine on and sped to Irina's apartment. 

In minutes, I was running out of the car, not caring if I left it on, I needed to see if she was alright; I hoped this was a prank; a horrible, stupid prank. I ran up the stairs to see that her door was open. 

"No." I muttered under my breath. 

I ran inside and saw that everything looked like it was in place. I ran to her room and saw a note on the bed. 

"Should you tell her brother, or should I? -T" 

I crumpled the piece of paper in my hand and threw it on the floor. Footsteps behind me stopped. 

"Hyung?" 

"Taehyun has her." I gritted between my teeth. 

"Wh-" 

"I have to find her." I turned around, surprised at the person behind Seungri and Jiyong. 

"Don't you mean, we?" Seunghyun raised his right eyebrow up, his arms crossed in front of his chest. 

{Irina POV} 

I couldn't run any longer. As much as I wanted to, my body wouldn't let me. I slumped down next to a tree, my knees feeling the impact of the fall. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. 

I should have known that this is how I'd end. I thought that maybe if I tried hard enough I wouldn't fall this way. 

"You shouldn't have ran, you're tired now." Taehyun stood in front of me. 

I ignored him; I didn't care. I didn't care if he was here to torture me; I didn't care if he was here to kill me on the spot. I didn't care. I didn't want to die by his hands but right now, I didn't care. Maybe when I'm locked up after his punishments towards me I'll care then, but right now, I don't care. 

He grabbed my arm and pulled me up, my legs giving away immediately. 

"Aw, you're tired." He mockingly said. 

"F- you." I muttered breathlessly. 

He forced me to stand up by pushing my body onto the trunk of the tree. I could feel his gaze upon me as I closed my eyes. 

"Just get on with it." I said between my pants. 

I opened my eyes and saw a mildly suprised expression on Taehyun's face. 

"Just ing kill me, okay? If you think this is what will get you to the top, you're wrong. My brother will kill you and so will Daesung. Probably Byunghee too, but that's just my delusional state talking right now." 

He grabbed me by my throat and pushed me further onto the trunk, causing the bark of the tree to press against my skin. I winced slightly at the impact. 

"I ing hate you Choi's thinking you're all high and mighty when you're human like the rest of us." 

"We never said we weren't. You idiots think we think we're gods." 

He tightened his grip on my neck causing me to choke. 

"Still a smartass even at the face of death." He chuckled dryly. 

"You know us Choi's." 

He took out a knifeblade from his pocket and pressed it against my cheek. 

"And thats why you Choi's will die by my hands." He pressed the blade harder, making me feel the blade break skin. 

"Maybe you will, but not today." I whispered, punching him with all my strength on his side with my un-injured arm. He fell in front of me, dropping the blade onto the floor as he held onto his side in pain. 

"I take it back, I don't feel like dying today. Especially by you." I huffed, kicking his face before grabbing the knifeblade on the floor and running away from him. 

Maybe I could leave alive from here. Just maybe. 

Then I heard a familiar sound of a gunshot and felt something pierce through my left calf. 

Or not.