Chapter Thirty-Two

Without You

 

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE?!" Daesung yelled at the older male. 

"I'm not sure, okay? But its better than us sitting on our asses doing nothing. I have to trust her." Seunghyun buried his head into his hands as he sat down. 

Daesung pulled the older male up with force, surprising Seunghyun. 

"The 'Sung, just because I'm here working with you doesn't mean I accept you at all. You're still my ing enemy. If you weren't so bloody precious to my sister you'd be dead in my hands already." Seunghyun ripped Daesung's hands off of his shirt, pushing him back in the process. 

"As ed up our society may be, manners still exist. I'm suprerior over you. Don't ing forget that." Seunghyun left the living room. 

Daesung sighed dejectedly and sat down on the couch. He buried his head into his palms. 

"You love her, right?" Daesung looked up and saw Youngbae standing in the doorway. 

"Of course I do." Daesung replied effortlessly. 

"Then why are you resisting?"

"I don't want to make a mistake. What if this is a trap and I lose her because of it?" 

"But what if this is our only chance to save her? Are you that afraid?" 

Daesung stood up and looked at Youngbae straight in the eyes. 

"Yes, I'm afraid. I've never been so ing scared in my life. I've never felt this kind of fear and it scares me so much. I've never cared for someone this greatly and I'm so terrified that if I make one wrong move I'll lose them for life. I can't lose her, I-I can't. I lost her once and I swore to myself that I'll never lose her again. Youngbae I .." Daesung let out an exasperated sigh. 

"I look so ing pathetic right now." He buried his head into his hands once more, closing his eyes. 

Youngbae stood watching the younger male in astonishment. 

"You know whats even funnier? I overheard her and Seungri talking once. He talked about how this kind of love doesn't exist in this world. That she shouldn't fall in love with me. " He laughed. "He should have talked to me. If I hadn't acted upon my feelings she wouldn't be in his mess …" 

"It's not your fault." Youngbae looked behind him and saw Seunghyun with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"I should have stopped her from choosing this life. I was stupid enough to think that she wouldn't be harmed this way because of my power." 

"It doesn't matter whose fault it is. What matters is what you'll act upon now." Youngbae said. 

Daesung stood up from the couch and inserted his hands into the pocket of his jeans. 

"He's right. I-I'll go." 

--

"2:50am" Aika muttered as she checked her watch, waiting in front of the building. 

The front of the building was unused, making it a perfect place to meet up. 

It was almost pitch-black if not for the faint lights of nearby lampposts. The weather was chilly but it was bearable. 

Aika looked around, seeing if there was anyone around. She could outline five figures walking towards her direction. As they got closer, she recognized Seunghyun's tall build. 

"You're here." 

Aika recognized Byunghee. 

"You look better." Aika commented. 

"Th-thanks." Byunghee stood behind a shorter male. 

"This is Youngbae, Daesung, and Thunder. It will only be the five of us." Seunghyun explained. 

Aika nodded. She looked at her watch and saw that it was 3:00am. 

"Lets go." She signaled for the five men to follow her. 

"My friend will open the door for us and I'll lead you till a big white door. That's where I have to leave you. Here's a map of the building and I've marked the exit points red. The room circled by blue is where Irina is held at." Aika handed the map to Seunghyun. 

They turned left and a door suddenly opened. A boy with blonde hair appeared. 

"You're Taehyun's brother, Dongwoon." Seunghyun immediately recognized the male. 

Dongwoon nodded his head slowly and let the six pass. 

"I-I'm really s-s-sorry for this." Dongwoon apologized. 

"It's not your fault." Daesung smiled, patting Dongwoons shoulder. 

"There are fifteen guards in total. Ten are guarding Irina and the rest are scattered around the building. I'll be waiting here till you guys leave. On the map there's one red exit with an arrow and that's this exit. No one knows about this exit but me so be careful that you guys won't be followed." Dongwoon explained. 

The five nodded and left the boy alone. They walked through a long, narrow hallway until they reached a white door. 

"You guys be careful." Aika slowly opened the door and in a matter of seconds, bright white light flooded the dark corridor. 

"Thanks for all this. Tell Dongwoon thanks as well." Seunghyun said, being the first one to enter. 

The four followed Seunghyun and Aika closed the door behind them. 

The corridors were grey, both sides of the hall had doors side by side and a pale glow of yellow lights lined the ceiling. 

Seunghyun took out the map and saw that Irina's room was all the way on the opposite side of the floor. 

"Lets go." Seunghyun muttered and walked forward. At the end of the hallway, there was a door. Seunghyun looked at the map and saw that this door opened up to the other half of the floor. 

This was where most of the guards were and at the very end, a room that Irina was in. 

--

Irina was sitting on the floor with her eyes closed and her arms down to her side. Her wrists were lightly bandaged; after her outburst she passed out from exhaustion and when she awoke, she was wearing new clothes and her injuries were taken care of. 

The door opened and an unfamiliar male entered with a tray of food. 

"Who are you?" Irina asked. 

"None of your business." The male dropped the tray on her lap causing her to flinch. 

"I'll be back in five minutes." The male walked away, the door shutting immediately behind him. 

Irina stared at the tray of food and picked up the plastic utensils and began to eat. The cuff of the chain on her wrist slid down, hitting the upper part of the palm. Irina stared at her hand and moved it back and forth. 

"Holy ." 

She placed her left arm down and tried to slide the cuff down. Her eyes grew wide at the sight of the cuff falling onto the ground. She quickly slid it back on her wrist and began to eat. 

"This is it." She said in her mind.