Fifteen

Without You

"Come here." He called out to her. She stood up from the couch, holding onto the hem of her dress. She walked towards Daesung and stood in front of him. 

Daesung straightened out the black jacket that he had flung over his shoulder. He took her left arm and then her right, inserting them into the holes for the arms of the jacket. He then pulled the zipper up and placed the hoodie of the jacket onto her head. 

He then intertwined his fingers with hers. 

"Let's go." He said.

-- 

"Stay close to me and don't let go of my hand no matter what." He whispered to her before they entered the building. 

Irina nodded her head obediently as she felt his grip tighten. 

As the two walked, curious eyes followed them until Daesung stopped in front of a table that was labeled, "K.O." He let go of her hand, proceeding to pull out the chair for her. Irina quietly thanked him and sat down on the seat. Daesung sat on the chair next to her and intertwined his fingers with hers once more. 

It was no mystery that this was no ordinary party. It was a meeting between rival gangs from all over Korea; this was the only night where each of the clans set aside their differences and mingle with one another, no matter how much each side hated the other, they had to get along. 

"Look up at me and laugh lightly." Irina could barely hear his words. She did what he told her. He then scooted his chair close to hers. 

"Everyone is watching us." He leaned closer to her and whispered into her ear. 

Indeed they were. All of the people inside the building wondered who the mysterious woman Daesung was with; Irina still had the hood of the jacket on her head, slightly concealing her face. 

"It couldn't be her …" A short, stout man whispered to his companion. 

"She looks exactly like her …" Another stated quietly. 

"How can you say that? I can't see her face!" A third person muttered. 

"Now rest your head on my shoulder and hide your face on the crook of my neck." She did so. Her breath tickled his skin, causing him to intake a short amount of breath. 

"Are you okay?" She whispered to him, noticing his sudden jolt. 

"I'm fine just stay still." He mumbled. 

A group of three men wearing suits stopped in front of Daesung's table. The one in the middle grunted to gain Daesung's attention. 

"Your clan bail on you?" The one in the middle remarked. 

Daesung smirked at the man. 

"They're somewhere." He replied simply. 

The guy in the middle choked on his spit, then proceeded to laugh obnoxiously. 

"You have quite the guts Lite, especially when you're by yourself." 

"You're the one with the guts, attacking me when we're all supposed to be co-existing peacefully, Kan." 

Kan scoffed. "Once this night ends, you'll be hearing from me." 

Kan then turned his attention to the girl next to Daesung. 

"And who may this fine lady be? You got the rest of us scared Lite, there were rumors that you were gay." 

Irina bit her lip to prevent her from laughing out-loud. Daesung chuckled. 

"The rumor started from you, I assume." Daesung raised his left eyebrow. 

Irina brought her hand up to to control her laughter. 

"See, the lady thinks I'm funny. Miss, how about you leave him and come with me?" Kan offered his hand to her. 

"Well aren't you a man with manners. She's with me." Daesung raised their intertwined hands. 

"Pretty girl … poor taste. Pity." Kan scoffed and turned around leaving Daesung and Irina. 

"Daesung." Daesung turned to his left. He saw Cheondung, Seungri, Jiyong, and Seungho. 

"I-Ir-" Before Seungri could finish what he was saying, Jiyong covered Seungri's mouth with his hand. 

Irina sat up straight and lowered her head. 

"Care to explain?" Jiyong mockingly remarked as the four sat down in the empty seats. 

Daesung smirked and raised their hands up. 

"Isn't it obvious? We're together." 

Irina stood up abruptly and pulled Daesung along with her; she led him to a deserted area of the building. 

"You're not going to tell them the truth?" She asked him, letting go of his hand. 

Daesung placed both of his hands into his pockets and shrugged his shoulders. 

"Maybe." 

Irina scoffed, annoyed by Daesung's actions. 

"You're so different now …" 

"Oh, and you knew me before?" Daesung spat back. 

Irina bit her lip. 

"I thought I did." 

"It's not like you know how it feels like to be betrayed by someone you trusted." 

Irina clenched her hand into a fist and let out a long sigh. 

Byunghee … 

"It's like you know anything about me." She gritted through her teeth. She turned around to leave him but he grabbed her by the wrist and spun her around. 

"If you stalk out looking furious our cover is blown." 

"I honestly don't give a ." 

"Oh, I think you do. You owe me." 

Irina sighed and rolled her eyes. 

"I ing hate you." She whispered out.