Thirteen

Without You

 

"Because … 

"… I'm the reason for your pain." 

 

 

Daesung parked his car under an overpass. We both sat in awkward silence; I could faintly hear him breathe. 

I looked outside the window, my head resting upon my fist, I flinched when he spoke. 

"How can you tell me that you're the reason for my suffering but not tell me what it is?" His voice was soft yet angry. 

"I just … I-I can't." I couldn't bring myself to tell him. Not yet at least. 

"Don't give me that bull." He sighed out loud. 

I placed my hands on my lap and closed my eyes. Suddenly, I felt two hands grab me by the arms. Daesung turned me to face him and stared straight at me with shiny eyes. 

Even though it was dark, I could see his eyes well enough. His eyes looked so unbelievably glossy, I hadn't noticed the trail of tears streaking down his face. 

I brought my hand up to his face to wipe them, my fingers grazing onto his soft skin. 

"Breathe." He muttered softly. 

I exhaled, not realizing I was holding my breath the whole time. 

He closed his eyes and brought his hand to mine. His warm hand held onto mine as he pressed his cheek onto my hand. 

I could feel my heart pound against my chest, I was afraid that my whole body was shaking because of it. I wondered if he could feel my heart beat. 

"I-I'm really sorry." I whispered. 

"If you're sorry then tell me what happened." 

"I can't." I dropped my hands to my sides. 

"If you won't tell me then do this one thing for me." 

I looked at him, half-knowing what he'd ask me to do.

"W-what?"

"Stay by my side." 

"W-why the hell would I do that?!"

"You owe me that much. If you won't tell me what then you need to stick next to me." 

"But my brother …" 

"You can see him one last time when I tell him you're going to be with me." 

I dropped my head down and nodded slowly. 

He placed the tip of his fingers down my chin and tilted my head up to meet his gaze. 

"I'm only doing this because you won't tell me. Okay I lied, also because I want to get back at your brother." He grinned at me. 

"B-but I'll already be with you, why do you need to do this to him?" I backed away from him. 

"Because, he's an enemy." 

 

"You really shouldn't fall for the enemy. In our world love doesn't exist, especially for enemies."

 

Seungri's words echoed in my mind. Maybe because Daesung said enemy or maybe because my brain wouldn't stop wondering why he would want me by his side. But then his reason why made me feel angry. Not too angry, but mad enough to feel pissed off. 

But I don't like him or anything. 

I really don't. 

 

-- 

 

"I'll give you five minutes and then I'll come out." Daesung instructed me. I nodded my head and got out of the car. 

I walked towards the door of our house, I mean, Seunghyun's house. After what I'm about to do, I don't think I'll ever be considered welcome in this place ever again. 

I knocked on the door twice. 

Bright light shone through the door, blinding me for a second. 

"Irina?" It was Youngbae. 

"Y-youngbae, i-is oppa there?" I asked softly. 

Youngbae was shoved out of the door frame and Seunghyun pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. My heart hurt because of this. 

I'm really sorry Seunghyun. 

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you? What happened? Did you escape? Of course you did! Did you beat him up? Is he lying somewhere bleeding to death? I'm so proud of you Dongseng!" He pulled me into another hug. 

"S-seunghyun…" My throat felt dry. 

He let go of me and looked down at me, worried. 

"What is it? Are you hurt? Are you sick?"

"N-no. I-I need to tell you something." 

"What is it?" 

"I-" I bit my lip and looked down on the floor. I couldn't do this. 

"She's going to be with me." I felt his arm wrap around my waist, pulling me away from Seunghyun. 

"'Sung." Seunghyun spat out his name. 

"Wouldn't it be more polite if you called your sisters boyfriend his full name, eh?" I couldn't bring myself to look up. I was afraid that tears would fall from my eyes. 

"B-boyfriend?" Seunghyun gasped. 

"That's right." I wanted to slap the living out of Daesung but I had to keep my word; he was right. I owe him this. 

He pulled me closer to his body, our hips were touching each others. 

"I-Irina … H-he's lying right? Y-you're with Byunghee!" 

I shook my head. 

"We broke up months ago Oppa." I replied quietly. 

"But you can't date this ! He's our enemy!" Seunghyun yelled. 

"I-I'm sorry Oppa."

Seunghyun grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Daesung. 

"This is a ing trick. He's using you to get to me. I'll protect you from him. Lets go inside." I resisted and stood my ground. I felt Seunghyun freeze from his spot. 

He turned towards me and his eyes looked so lost and afraid. 

I was breaking my brothers heart. 

"I want to be with him …" I slowly pulled his arm away from mine. 

Seunghyun blankly stared at me. I stood on my tippy-toes and kissed him on the cheek. 

"I love you Oppa." 

I turned around and Daesung wrapped his arm around my waist once more. 

"See you later Seunghyun." He said tauntingly. 

 

--

don't hate me T_T OMG