Fourty-four

Without You

Aika carried Irina's unconcious body on her back, hoping she wouldn't be too late. 

"Please hold on Irina!" Aika cried, running in the cold night, unfamiliar with her surroundings. She didn't want to scream for help because she knew it would be useless if she had. More attention would bring more problems for them. 

Tears cascaded down her face as she ran down the streets, hoping that she'd end up in front of a hospital. Aika made a sharp turn only to hit someone in the process. She staggered back, almost dropping Irina. 

"Sorry!" The male said. 

"S-s-sir can you tell me where the nearest hospital is? M-my friend, we're not from here so we don't know. Please help!" Aika cried desperately. 

The male's eyes grew wide. The female who was unconcious had blood dripping down her head. 

"Oh my goodness! It's just around the corner, I'll take you guys there!" He said, grabbing Aika's wrist. 

"Thank you!" 

-- 

"Your friends condition has been stabilized. Her head injury isn't severe, no concussions. We managed to place her shoulder back, but she'll be sore in that area for weeks. She has no major injuries on her back, just bruises. I took the liberty in taking off the cuff on her right arm. Both of her wrists are badly bruised. But her legs ..." The doctor shook his head. 

"W-what?" 

"Has she had any major accidents?" 

"A f-few years ago she was in a car accident and her legs were the most injured." 

"I see ... I'm afraid your friend might not be able to walk once she wakes up. All this trauma strained her muscles to the point where they've worn out completely. There is a high chance she'll be disabled." 

"W-what?! NO! Doctor please no!" Aika cried, grabbing the arms of the doctor. 

"Please, you have to save her. S-she can't! No!" Aika sobbed, letting go of the doctor who looked at her with a sorrowful face. 

"I'm sorry." 

Aika sunk down onto the floor and cried. 

The male who brought them to the hospital stood behind her in silence. He brought his hand to pat her shoulder. 

"I-I'm sorry about your friend." He said softly.

Aika had forgotten about the male. She looked up at him and wiped the tears from her face. She shook her head and stood up. 

"You've done enough. Thank you for bringing us here." She sniffled. 

"A-are you guys alone? Do you have anyone coming over to help you?" He asked her, feeling sorry for them. 

"Thanks for helping them, but we're here now." Aika looked at the doorway and she gasped. 

"S-seunghyun ..." She bit her lip, running into his chest, hugging him tightly. 

"I missed you." He whispered, kissing the top of her head.

The male nodded his head and excused himself. 

"Thanks ... again." Aika said before the male left. 

Seconds after Daesung entered the room, running straight to Irina. He kneeled down the floor, and grabbed her hand, kissing it. 

"I'm sorry Irina. I'm so sorrry." He cried, holding her hand tightly. 

Seunghyun and Aika walked to his side; Seunghyun patted his shoulder. 

"T-the doctor told me she might not be able to walk once she wakes up." Tears started to well up from the corner of her eyes. 

Daesung crouched up and kissed Irina's forehead, cupping her cheek with his hand. 

"I'm so sorry ..." 

-- 

Seunghyun stared down at his sleeping girlfriend who had her head resting on the crook of his neck. He tucked a bang behind her ear and he kissed her forehead. He had missed her so much. He pulled her sleeping body closer to him and hugged her tightly. 

"Don't leave me again, okay?" He whispered, wrapping his arms around her and he too went to sleep. 

-- 

Daesung sat down on a chair next to Irina's bed as he held her hand. He stared at her, not feeling an ounce of sleepiness. Even if the whole hospital was surrounded by Seunghyun's men, he still didn't feel that it was safe enough for him to sleep. 

He stared at her face; he took note of how dark her eyebags got, he saw that her lips became a pale red, he noticed how pale her face had gotten, contrasting with the dark scar. He the imperfection and wished he had been there to protect her from whatever did that to her. He kissed her forehead once again and held onto her hand with his. 

"Please wake up soon jagiya ..." He whispered. 

-- 

Irina woke up hearing rustling noises. She rubbed her eyes open and stretched her arms. She looked around and saw that she was outside on a meadow. She looked at her body and saw that there weren't any scratches and that she was wearing a white summer dress. She stood up from the grass and dusted off her bottom. 

She looked to her left and saw a familiar figure walking towards her. 

"Dongwoon?!" She yelled, rushing towards the male. 

"Irina!" He greeted as she hugged him tightly. 

"You're ... wait. Where am I?" 

Dongwoon shrugged his shoulders.

"Am I ... in heaven?" She asked him quizzically. 

"Hah, you, heaven? You wish kid." Irina flicked his forehead. 

Dongwoon rubbed the red part, sighing. 

"And that is why you are not in heaven." He joked. 

"Yah!" She glared at the male. 

"You have to wake up some time now." Dongwoon told her. 

"W-what do you mean?" 

"You're asleep right now." 

"What? But I'm here with you ...?" 

"You do realize that we're at a meadow and you're wearing a dress. And I am dead ..." Dongwoon flat out told her. 

"B-but ..." 

"They're waiting for you Irina ..." 

Irina sighed. 

"I really miss you Dongwoon." She hugged him once more. 

"I miss you too. Tell Aika I miss her as well. And to not think my death was her fault." He kissed her cheek. 

"I will." 

 

Irina felt pain all over her body. She let out a soft groan and then she heard noises. 

"She's awake!" 

"Call the doctor!" 

"Irina!" 

She recognized his voice. She forced her eyes to open and she saw him. Tears welled up in her eyes as he leaned forward and hugged her body tightly. She wrapped her arms around him, not caring the aching pain as she squeezed his body closer to hers. 

"Daesung-ah ..." Her breath got caught in . 

"I'm here." He let go of her slightly, bringing his face closer to hers. He leaned in, their foreheads touching. 

"I love you." She cried, cupping his face with her hands.

"And I love you." He replied, wiping the tears on her face with his thumb. 

 

--

Short chapter! Sorry! I'll make sure the last and final chapter will be long ^^ I can't believe I'm practically done with this story! Gosh, this the longest fanfic I've ever written and wow, I'm done ... sorta ... I'll be posting the last chapter soon! (Hopefully)