Chapter Thirty-Four

Without You

{NO POV} 

 

"Dongwoon, you can't!" Aika raised her arms, blocking the path from Dongwoon. 

 

"Aika, move." Dongwoon grunted. 

 

"Taehyun's going to kill you. I'm pretty sure by now that someone told him that you us out. What makes you think he won't? He killed your father damnit!" Aika pushed the male back out of frustration

 

"I have to go and face him." Dongwoon's voice quieted, looking down. 

 

"No you don't. You don't have to get yourself killed because you did the right thing." 

 

"I betrayed him." Dongwoon replied. 

 

"No, he betrayed YOU. He betrayed you the moment he killed your father. You don't owe him anything." 

 

"She's right." They both looked back, Seunghyun was standing with his arms crossed against his chest. 

 

"You're safer here with us." He walked towards Dongwoon and patted his shoulder. 

 

-- 

 

Irina woke up at the sight of Daesung asleep next to her. She smiled at the sight of her boyfriend. She reached her hand to pet his head. Instantly, Daesung woke up from his sleep, Irina retracted her hand while Daesung wiped the drool from the corner of his mouth. 

 

"Hey sleepyhead." She greeted him. 

 

"Yah, you're the sleepy one." He stuck his tongue out at her. 

 

He leaned closer and held her face with his hand. 

 

"Did you rest well?" He asked. 

 

She nodded her head. 

 

"Are you hungry?" He sat down on the bed next to her.

 

"Not really." She scooted her body so he could have more room. 

 

He shifted his body so he was sitting next to him. He then placed his arm over her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. He kissed the top of her head. 

 

"Is everyone okay?" She asked, looking up at him. 

 

"Hm … yeah. Cheondoong got shot but it was only a graze. Seunghyun hyung told me that Dongwoon will be joining his group." 

 

"Really he's going to be- wait … what did you call my brother?" Irina looked at Daesung, amused. 

 

"W-what? I said hyung!" Daesung blushed. 

 

"You guys … okay now?" She looked at him, hopeful. 

 

"I-I guess we're fine. But we're still enemies so … But for you we'll get along." Irina kissed him on the cheek. 

 

"That's good." She smiled. 

 

Daesung pouted at her. 

 

"What's wrong?" She frowned. 

 

He pointed at his lips. 

 

"You missed." 

 

-- 

 

Seunghyun got out of his office inside his house and went towards the kitchen for a glass of water. He passed by the living room and saw an asleep Aika on the couch. A faint smile grew cross his lips as he walked towards her. He carefully shook her shoulder to wake her up. 

 

"Huh- wha?" Aika bolted up, looking lost and confused. 

 

"Sorry for waking you up. You shouldn't sleep on the couch." He kept his amusement at her reaction. 

 

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I sat down and all of a sudden I was awoken by you." She gave him an embarrassed smile as she scratched her head. 

 

"Where's Dongwoon?" 

 

"Oh, he's sleeping in his room. Poor kid, he's tired from what happened." She smiled. 

 

"I see, I see." Seunghyun nodded. 

 

"So …" 

 

"So …" 

 

They both laughed. 

 

"What did you want to say?" He asked first. 

 

"Oh, I was curious." 

 

"About what?" 

 

"Why did you ask Dongwoon to join your group?" 

 

Seunghyun shrugged.

 

"I dunno … I like him. He did save my sister." 

 

"Regardless of the baggage he brings?" 

 

"We all have baggage." Seunghyun shrugged. Aika nodded, understanding his answer. 

 

"So what did you want to say?" Aika asked. 

 

"Oh, uh … I forgot." Seunghyun scratched his head, letting out an embarrassed smile. 

 

"Is Dongwoon your boyfriend?" Seunghyun thought.