Twenty-Two

Without You

"N-no..." Irina pushed Daesung away from him. 

"I don't deserve it ... Any of it. I don't deserve you. If anything, I deserve your hate." Irina looked down, tears flowing down her face. 

"No, I-I can't do that. I ... I care about you too much. Why are you so against it? Why are you so against your feelings for me? You and I both know that you can't deny it any longer. You like me too." Daesung carefully tilted up her chin to meet his gaze. 

"No, I'll fight them until the day I die. We can't be lovers Daesung. We just can't." She shook her head, pushing away his hand from her face. 

Daesung grabbed her shoulders and forced her into a hug. 

"No. I won't let you fight these feelings any longer. I want you and I to be together. I don't care if we're enemies, I don't care if you are the cause of this whole mess. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have met you." He cupped her face, wiping the tears from her cheeks. 

Irina looked into his eyes and saw sincerity; her heart felt even more heavy. 

"If it wasn't for me ... Your family would still be alive." Her voice grew quiet.

"W-what do you mean?" He stood up from the floor, standing a few feet away from her. 

Irina sighed and stood up from her chair. 

"You remember when you told me that you blamed my brother for everything but you don't remember what happened in the past?" She started. 

Daesung nodded his head. 

"He wasn't the one who you should blame." 

Irina let out another deep sigh and continued. 

"I ... I was the one that killed your family." 

Daesung stood still. 

"I was fourteen at the time. Seunghyun and Byunghee had trained me to fight so that I would be ready if any of our enemies tried to attack me. I ... I was askew after those sessions. Long hours of training and fighting ruined my mind. I would go against my brothers' wishes and fight underground, beating everyone who fought against me. I kept my identity hidden; I had a fake name and I dressed up like a guy, covering my face with a face mask. 

I was a ed up person back then, thats why I don't use it as an excuse. I regret my actions back then and I wish I took it all back if I could. 

One night, I fought against one guy, I can't remember his name, heck, I don't even think it was his real name. I beat him easily and he couldn't take the fact that he was beaten by a short, puny boy. As I was walking home, he attacked me with four other guys, whom I managed to fight without getting injured much. As I walked back home, I realized that one of them stuck me with some kind of poision that caused my legs to become immobile so I collapsed on the floor. 

I wake up and I was inside a white bedroom. I get up from the bed and a woman with a tray of food and medicine enters the room. She told me that she saw me lying on the road when she was coming from work and that she brought me home. She tend to my wounds and gave me medicine. Then a man entered the room and she told me that the man was her husband. He was the one that created the medicine to fight back the poision that infected my body." 

"Were they ..." 

"Yes, they were your parents. Your parents saved me." 

Daesung nodded and let me continue. 

"When I decided to leave, I hadn't known that the guys who I fought with followed me. They easily recognized me as Seunghyun's sister and they decided to torture your family. They entered your house and started to hurt your family. I realized that I forgot something, I quickly came back to the house but by then, your mother and father were barely breathing. I called for the ambulance but it was too late. When they found that you were still alive, Seunghyun fabricated that he was the one who called the attack. We found the guys who killed your parents and I killed them." 

I wrapped my arms around myself. 

"If it wasn't for my thirst of violence your family would still be alive. I didn't kill them with my own hands but it's as if I did kill them."

Irina slumped back down onto the chair and cried into her hands. Daesung slowly approached her and pulled her up and into his arms. He wiped the tears from her face and kissed her forehead. 

"Don't blame yourself anymore. I'm telling you to stop blaming yourself, okay? It wasn't your fault." He hugged her tightly, Irina sobbed into his chest. 

"I don't blame you at all. Its just fate being cruel to us, you know? We were all at the wrong place at the wrong time." 

Irina pulled away from Daesung, he grabbed her wrists and pulled her back into his chest. 

"Don't do this ..." Irina pleaded. 

"Let me." 

"D-daesung, let me go. This isn't right at all." She struggled to pull back her arms from him. 

"Why do you keep fighting? It's easier if you let yourself go. Stop fighting, Irina." 

He cupped her face with his hands and pulled her face closer to his, his lips pressing onto hers. Irina's body grew weak; her strength to resist dissolved the moment their lips touched. She dropped her arms down to her sides and welcomed his action. He let go of her face and pressed his forehead against hers. He stared into her eyes. 

"Give me these last two days to convince you that we belong." 

 

_________ 

@fyekay918- She was supposed to spy on Daesung but it ended up them becoming extremely close friends. (No, they weren't together) Daesung grew feelings towards her, but when he found out that she was only there to trick him, he felt betrayed and hurt that he opened his heart for his enemy. After the accident, Irina went to Seoul to look for Daesung in hopes to set things right.

if you guys have any other questions, or if anything is confusing to you, please let me know! ^_^