Chapter Thirty-One

Without You

{NO POV} 

"H-hyung ..." Youngbae stood behind Seunghyun who was staring in front of the window, looking out at the night sky. 

Seunghyun took a sip from his glass and turned around. Youngbae felt so small under the cold glare that Seunghyun was giving him. Though Youngbae knew it was unintentional, he was afraid of Seunghyun.

"What is it?" Seunghyun replied, nonchalant. 

"H-here are the papers you wanted. There isn't any news about Taehyun." Seunghyun nodded and took the papers from him. He turned around once more and took another sip. 

-- 

Seunghyun left the house. He couldn't bear to stay inside any longer. The more he stayed inside, the more he was reminded of the fact that his one and only sister is missing. 

As he walked to a nearby late-night coffee shop, he got a text message from an unknown number. 

"Meet me at the --- coffee shop around 11pm. Your sisters life depends on it." 

Seunghyun's eyes grew wide at the message, he quickly checked the time on his phone and saw that it was 10:54pm. He entered the coffee shop and sat down at a table near the back. A waitress went over to Seunghyun who asked for his order.

"Black coffee." He simply replied and the waitress left. 

A hooded figure entered the coffee shop, catching the attention of Seunghyun. He looked towards the figure whose body was directioned towards Seunghyun. The figure walked to Seunghyun's table and sat on the opposite side of the table. 

The waitress came back with the coffee Seunghyun ordered. She placed it in front of him and asked the figure what order they'd like. The person refused and the waitress left once again. 

"Well, I'm just going to cut straight to the chase. What information do you have on my sister?" Seunghyun took a sip from his coffee. 

The hooded figure pulled up their hood only slightly to show their face. Seunghyun almost spat out his coffee, realizing who it was.

"Y-you?" It was the same girl he had met when he went to Busan to get Byunghee from the motel. Aika was her name. 

"What do you know about my sister!?" He pulled her forward by the collar. 

Her face remained stoic and unfazed. 

"I'm standing in for a friend. That friend can't disclose this information to you personally because of their status. Your sister is alive. From what that friend told me, she isn't ... doing well." He let her go, letting her sit normally on the chair. 

"What the has Taehyun been doing to her?" He growled under his breath. 

"My friend told me that he's been keeping her inside a room. He hasn't done anything to her but my friend told me that she's losing her mind. Today she had a breakdown." 

"How can I know that you're telling me the truth? What if you're just messing with me?" 

Aika took out her phone from her pocket and played a video. It was a short video clip where Irina started to yell and slam her fists to the wall. Seunghyun covered his mouth to stifle a gasp. 

"My friend didn't want to be a part of this but due to circumstances that friend had to." 

She paused. 

"But after today, my friend had enough. That person decided to try to help her out." 

"What's the plan?" Seunghyun asked her. 

Aika took out a small piece of folded paper from her pocket. She placed it in front of her and slid the paper to his side. Seunghyun took the paper and began to open it. It was an address to a building he once heard of. 

"That's where she is. My friend told me that Taehyun is gone from the building right now and he won't be back in three days. There are guards but not many." 

"How can I be sure that I can trust you on this? What if this is Taehyun's plan to lure and kill me on the spot?" 

Aika smirked. 

"That's the thing, you can't be sure. If you love your sister-" 

"I do." He gritted through his teeth, feeling insulted. 

"-Well since you do, seeing if this is real won't be a big deal." 

Seunghyun sighed, messing his perfectly tousled hair. 

"When do we meet up?" 

"At 3 in the morning. Bring whoever you think needs to be here, but don't bring a lot of people." She pulled her hoodie back to cover her face and got up from the table leaving Seunghyun alone.