Twelve

Without You

 

"Aish, just stay here."

 

 

As friendly as you all may be, my loyalty lies with my family. I'm Seunghyun's sister after all, I'm no sitting duck. 

As soon as Seungri and Jiyong fell asleep, I got out of the bed and tiptoed to the door. I slowly turned the doorknob; my mouth twitched out of amusement. They left the door unlocked.

During the first few nights, Jiyong would lock the door from the inside with a key and he'd place the key inside his front jean pocket. 

You guys trust me too much, I almost feel bad for doing this. Almost.

I turned the knob carefully, making sure I don't make any noise. Once I had opened the door to a reasonable amount, I quietly stepped out of the  room, shutting the door behind me gently. 

My vision adjusted to the night, helping me see the outline of my surroundings. 

Straight ahead was the front door and to the left was a big window that let out the moonlight. I decided to use the window as my escape rather than the door; I opened the window carefully and quickly jumped out of the building. 

The cool night wind greeted me, I felt goosebumps all over my arms. I looked down from the ledge; I was only on the second floor. Luckily, the apartment complex was at the end of the building, I scaled down the ledges and in an instant, I was on the streets. 

I walked fast, making sure that my steps were quiet. Because it was nighttime, it was harder for me to figure out where I was, I kept walking straight. 

All of a sudden, bright white headlights greeted me, causing me to flinch back from surprise. My eyes burned at the sudden light, I closed my eyes and fell flat on my . 

I heard the car door open and close instantly. 

"You honestly believe that I'll let you escape?" I look up to see Daesung's emotionless face. 

I bit my lip and furrowed my eyebrows. 

"er." I cursed. 

"I'll give you credit for escaping. We didn't think you'd actually do it but you proved us wrong." He grabbed my forearm and pulled me up from the ground. 

"Let go of me!" I yelled out, pushing him away from me. 

A flash of anger and disappointment filled his eyes; then his eyes grew black and emotionless once more. 

 

 

"He was the reason." Daesung was looking up at the cloudless, blue sky. 

"W-who are you talking about?" I asked, looking directly at him. He didn't seem to notice I was staring at him. 

"I won't tell you his true name, my codename for him is T.O.P." He let out a short laugh.

"What did he do?" I asked cautiously. 

"He ruined my life.  This T.O.P. barged into my life and ripped it apart. That's why I became a gang leader. So that I can one day inflict my revenge on him." He closed his eyes. 

"I-is it okay if I ask what he did?" My voice was quiet. 

"That's the thing, I can't remember. I can't remember what he did to me, but all I know is that he is the reason why I lost everything." 

He paused. 

"That's why, I need to destroy him." 

 

 

"Do you hate me?" I asked him. 

His face remained expressionless but his eyes showed that he was surprised at my question. 

"What kind of question is that?" 

"When you found out that I was Seunghyun's sister, did you hate me?" To be honest, I don't know why I was asking him this question at a time like this. 

He placed his hands inside his pockets and looked up at the sky. 

"I remember when we were at Busan and I always took you to see the sky. Even if it was raining, I'd always bring you along." 

He sighed. 

"I brought you with me because you calmed my nerves. You got me to forget the I had to worry about." 

I don't know why his words hit me hard; I wasn't supposed to feel anything towards the enemy; only hate. 

"Even if I tried, I won't be able to hate you." He turned his attention to me. 

"Well, I hate you." 

A small smile grew on his face. 

"You don't hate me." He grabbed my wrist, gentler this time. 

"How can you know? I hate you." I wriggled my wrist but his grip was too strong. 

"Why are you even here? If you wanted to leave, I gave you many chances to." 

I dropped my arm and looked away from him. 

"Because …" 

"… I'm the reason for your pain." 

 

--

yes, double update! ;D