Six

Without You

 

I kept dragging my fingers into my hair as I walked towards the school; I was still not used to having short hair. The school looked ordinary and plain; so plain that it made my wonder why a notorious group would attend such a school. I shrugged my shoulders and entered the somewhat rundown building. 

 

The school looked simple; white walls with shiny floors. Nothing stood out for me as I walked to the office. The lady saw me and quickly gave me my papers. She gave me a small welcome and I went on my way to class. I paused in front of the door frame when the teacher noticed me. He signaled me to enter the classroom. I slowly entered the room, already feeling the stares of the students burn through my body. 

 

"Class, please welcome Park Sulli, she is from Seoul." I bowed to the class. 

 

"Please take care of me." I quietly muttered. 

 

"Take a seat in the back, over there." He pointed to the empty seat at the far right corner of the classroom. I nodded my head and sat in the empty chair, fixing the fake pair of glasses accordingly. I rest my head upon my palm as the teacher began his lesson. I yawned, trying to keep myself from falling asleep. 

 

"How am I going to survive being in this boring school?" I wondered. 

 

The class period dragged, I was so close to leaving the classroom when the bell rang for the next class. I got up and walked to my next class. 

 

"Hey." I turn back and its a skinny pale male with brown hair. 

 

"I'm Jiyong." He flashed a smile as he held his hand out. I raised my eyebrow and shook his hand; he might be one of the guys in Daesung's crew.

 

"Sulli." I replied. 

 

"Welcome to the school, do you need help going to your next class?" He asked. 

 

I shrugged my shoulders and gave him my schedule. I might as well be friendly while I'm attending this school.

 

"Oh, you have math. My class is on the way to your class, I'll come with you." He said, giving me back my schedule. 

 

"Thanks." I reply as we walk to our classes. 

 

"So, where are you from?" He asked. 

 

"I'm from Seoul." 

 

"Just as I figured, you seemed like the city type. You don't look like the type to live in country sides." He commented. 

 

I chuckled softly.

 

"You don't look like a country dweller either." I commented back. 

 

"True, you got me there." He let out a dry laugh. 

 

Moments later we arrived in front of the classroom. 

 

"Well, here's your stop. Nice talking to you." He said, waving at me as he walked to his class. 

 

"Thanks." I say, as I entered the classroom. 

 

"You, new chick." A group of girls stopped me inside the classroom. 

 

"Stay away from Jiyong, got it?" The girl in the middle glared at me as she chewed her gum like a horse. 

 

Everywhere I go, there will always be annoying people like these idiots. 

 

"Whatever." I mumbled, making my way to an empty chair.

 

I picked a seat in the back, I assumed that no one sat in this spot. I looked to my side and luckily, a window was right next to me. I smiled, knowing I wouldn't be as bored in this class because of it. 

 

"Excuse me." I looked up and my heart stopped. 

 

"You're sitting in my seat." Lite. It's him. 

 

I blinked a couple of times before I could stammer out an answer. 

 

"S-sorry, a-about th-that." I got up from the seat. 

 

"You can sit on that chair, no one sits on it." He pointed to the seat behind him. 

 

Before it was lunchtime, I already met my target. I sat in my chair with an amused smile and listened attentively in class till the next bell rang. I got up from my seat and walked out of the class. 

 

"Hey!" Jiyong happily greeted me, draping an arm across my shoulders. 

 

"Hi." I replied back. 

 

"Oh, so you've met Daesung." Jiyong patted Daesung's head and pinched both of his cheeks. 

 

WHAT THE HELL? HE'S TREATING HIS BOSS LIKE A LITTLE CHILD!

 

"Yah, Hyung! That hurt!" Daesung whined, rubbing his cheeks with his palms. 

 

Hyung? The leader is younger than one of the members? What?

 

"Aigoo, you're so adorable!" Jiyong smiled lovingly at Daesung. He then turned to me and draped his arm around my shoulder once more. 

 

"Since you're new, sit with us!" He said, pulling me along with him as we walked towards the cafeteria. 

 

Since the school wasn't that big, the cafeteria was outdoors and had a big stand where the lunch lady's sold food to the kids. There were many multi-colored benches scattered all over the asphalt ground, next to it, a grassy hill that sloped down to a parking lot, which I assumed were for teachers and students. 

 

We walked towards a bright blue bench with two three other guys waving at us. They made space for Jiyong, Daesung, and I. 

 

"Anneyong, you must be the new kid! I'm Cheondoong!" A tall kid with fluffy hair greeted me with a big smile. 

 

"I'm Sulli." I smiled somewhat awkwardly. 

 

"These two are Jung and Woong." The other guys nodded their heads at me and I did the same to them. 

 

"So are you going to eat?" Jiyong asked me, taking out a few bags of chips from his backpack. 

 

"I'm not really hungry." I replied. 

 

He nodded and opened one of the bags and grabbed a handful and tossed it into his mouth. He threw a random bag of chips to Daesung and another two to the other guys. 

 

"So, why did you move here?" Jiyong asked after he swallowed his food. 

 

"Parents wanted me to focus on my studies. They thought the city life was ruining my grades." I lied, sighing after.

 

"That ." Daesung said out loud. 

 

"Yeah, if my parents forced me to go to a different school in the middle of the year, I'd be so pissed." Jiyong nodded his head in agreement with Daesung. 

 

"It's not so bad; at least I get fresh air." I let out a chuckle, trying to ease the awkward atmosphere. 

 

They all laughed lightly, nodding their heads. 

 

The rest of the lunch time Jiyong talked most of the time while the rest of us listened to him. While I hung out with them, it made me wonder how the two were associated in gang activities. Jiyong was very playful and childlike while Daesung was kind and carefree. I assumed the other two were members of their gang but I figured they weren't overly important members. 

 

"Sulli-ah, your next class is with with me." Jiyong said, draping his arm across my shoulders once more. 

 

"I'll see you after school." Jiyong waved at the other four guys who walked to their other classes. 

 

Jiyong and I walked towards our next class, I suddenly felt awkward at the closeness. 

 

"Er Jiyong?" I turned my head towards him. 

 

"Hm?" 

 

"You're kinda close." I pointed to his arm. 

 

"So?" He shrugged and pouted his lips. 

 

"Well … you have fangirls if you haven't noticed." I said, looking around the hallways; a few girls were staring at us as we walked. 

 

He let out an amused laugh. 

 

"Eh, I don't care. Let them be jealous." He said, patting my head. 

 

-- 

 

The last bell rang, everyone, even the teacher, packed all their belongings in lightening speed. I took my time getting out of the class as the others practically trampled over each other as they ran out the school. 

 

"Wow." I chuckled under my breath. 

 

I left the school and walked back to the house. 

 

A few minutes later, I saw the house from afar. I stopped at my tracks; I saw a familiar black motorcycle and on it a person I'd like to forget. 

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Byunghee got off of his motorcycle and walked towards me, his arms crossed in front of his chest. 

 

"Well those maids didn't listen to me." I dryly chuckled, ignoring him completely. 

 

"Yah." He grabbed my arm. 

 

"Let me go." I gritted my teeth. 

 

"Tell me why you didn't tell me!" He shouted. 

 

"Cause I didn't want to." I yanked my arm from his grip and walked to the front door. I heard his footsteps behind me and went inside the house, knowing he'd follow closely behind. I didn't bother to lock him out; he'd find a way to enter the house so I didn't try. I dropped my backpack onto the floor and made my way to the living room. I grabbed the envelope from the coffee table and dropped its contents onto the table. I read the K.O file once more and sat back onto the couch. 

 

Byunghee was sitting on the far side of the couch, watching me intently. I gave me a blank stare and went back to reading the file. 

 

He sighed. "Please talk to me." 

 

"About what?" I replied with a bored tone. 

 

He moved closer, he rubbed the nape of his neck. 

 

"About us." 

 

I laughed. 

 

I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. 

 

"Us? You need to become a ing comedian Byunghee.  There is no us. Don't you remember? You should remember considering you broke it off with me." I felt my throat close up. My eyes started to sting from the tears that collected at the corner of my eyes. 

 

"Let me explain Ir-" 

 

"Spare me the details, I don't want to know." I stood up from the couch and grabbed the papers, bringing it along with me to my room. 

 

In an instant, Byunghee wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me from behind. The tears I held in before escaped from my eyes as I tried to pry his arms off of my body. 

 

"Stop this damnit." I squirmed. 

 

His hold grew tighter, I felt his face press against my back. 

 

"I love you. I love you Irina. I love you. Take me back, please." The tone of his voice desperate; I could feel tears drench my shirt. 

 

No this wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to forget you while I was away and erase my feelings towards you. You weren't supposed to find me. Those damn maids were supposed to keep their mouths shut. You were supposed to live your life without me cause you broke up with me. You were supposed to live your life with knowing you broke my heart. Then I'd appear back into your life acting as if I wasn't aware of your existence. 

 

"Let me go." I cried out, biting down on my lip harshly, I tasted blood. 

 

I felt my knees giving out, I dropped on my floor bringing Byunghee down with me. He turned me around and brought me to his chest, encircling me with his body. 

 

"Take me back. Forgive me. Please, Irina, please take me back. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." He kept saying.