Five

Without You

If you haven't read the fourth chapter, read it please! I deleted the message and added the chapter to that post! I apologize if the chapter was too short! I'll update again later or tomorrow. 

 

--

 

For as long as I could remember, Byunghee was always by my side. I don't remember when I moved from Japan to Korea, heck, I don't remember why I moved from Japan but I remembered the day Seunghyun introduced me to Byunghee. 

 

"Irina, this is Byunghee. Since you're still adapting to Korea, appa decided you should have someone by your side at all times. He's pretty slow, but he's a good kid." 

 

"Why do I need one? Do you have one, oppa?" I asked Seunghyun. 

 

"Why would I need one? I'm the almighty Seunghyun!" 

 

"But you're ten years old! Why do I need one? I'm only two years younger than you!" I pouted, crossing my arms. 

 

"Yah, don't be difficult." Byunghee stood obediently next to Seunghyun as I refused to have a bodyguard. 

 

I didn't understand why I needed one! 

 

Everywhere I went, Byunghee was always by my side; when I'm at school, when I went to the park, when I went to the store, everywhere! At first I was annoyed that he was always there but then he was the only one who could communicate with me at the time; my Korean wasn't that great, I could only understand Korean, so I could only speak Japanese at the time. Luckily, at a young age, he was taught Japanese so it helped that he could communicate with me. 

 

Over time, since I was always stuck with him, we grew close. We became best of friends; he knew me the greatest and I knew everything about him. We would always finish each others sentences and know what was inside each others' heads. Sometimes, we would lose sleep because we'd be so into our conversation, Seunghyun once locked me inside my room without Byunghee because he was irritated that we kept talking until four in the morning.

 

Eventually, my feelings towards him grew more than friendship so I confessed. Since he knew me so well, he had a feeling that day would eventually come. Luckily, he liked me back and we started dating. 

 

Seunghyun was happy that we finally confessed our feelings for one another because he was getting tired of watching us act awkward towards one another. 

 

Junior year of high school started and I noticed that Byunghee started to change. He would disappear for weeks at a time and when he was around me, he'd be distant and often leave me without a reason. 

 

At first, I let it pass, I never thought about it because I trusted him so much. I knew that whatever he was blowing me off for was for something important. I knew that he would never leave me alone unless it was important. 

 

Out of the blue, he called me out of my house and said that he wanted to talk. 

 

"So … what do you want to talk about?" I asked casually as we stood in front of my house. 

 

He rubbed his neck and had an uneasy expression. 

 

"I-is something wrong?" I asked, feeling worried. 

 

"No, no, everything is … fine." 

 

I  nodded my head slowly. 

 

"Irina …" He never stalled. He was always straight to the point; something was terribly wrong. 

 

"Let's break up." 

 

Next thing I knew, he was on the floor, rubbing his cheek and I was running back inside. 

 

I didn't talk to him for months after that. Every time he appeared in front of me, I ignored him completely, drowning out his voice when he tried talking to me. 

 

Luckily for me, Seunghyun was out of the country so he didn't know that I was bodyguard-less. I wasn't totally vulnerable; I took taekwondo lessons my whole life as well as kickboxing, I couldn't rely solely on a bodyguard to protect me.  

 

"Irina, I have a job for you." Seunghyun called me one night. It was 3am where he was staying at, and knowing how much Seunghyun loved his sleep, I knew this was important. 

 

"What is it?" I asked eagerly, I needed something to distract me. 

 

"There's this gang in Busan that I need you to monitor. I know that it's far from Seoul, but you have to do this for me. I really am counting on you." 

 

"Of course! I'll take it." 

 

"Don't forget to tell Byunghee. I don't want you to go alone on this." My heart dropped at the mention of his name. 

 

"Y-yeah, I'll tell him. We'll go to Busan this weekend. I'll enroll myself and everything." I told him. 

 

"I knew I could count on you! I'll send you their information once you arrive. The house is ready over there." 

 

"I won't let you down." I promised. 

 

"I miss you dongseng-ah." His voice sounded sad, I felt bad for lying to him. 

 

"I miss you too oppa." I bit my lip. 

 

After I hung up on Seunghyun, I quickly packed my bags and took the first bus to Busan. I left a note for the maids saying that I had business to take care of and to not worry about me. I also told them that if Byunghee came over, don't tell him anything. 

 

Once I arrived at Busan, I kept a low profile and changed my appearance. My long orange hair dyed back to black and cut short, helping me blend in with the rest; I also wore black circle lenses to hide my hazel brown eyes. I read the folder Seunghyun left for me about the people I had to watch after. 

 

"K.O. Clan. 

 

Number of Members: unknown.

 

Leader: Goes by the name Lite. Real name, Kang Daesung. 

 

Right hand man: Goes by the name Thunder. Real name, Park Cheondoong.

 

Other members: Yang Seungho, Lee Seunghyun (V.I), Kwon Jiyong (GDragon)"

 

Attached to the paper was a picture of whom I assumed was Daesung. I grabbed the papers and brought them into my room. I placed them on the table next to the bed and tucked myself under the covers. Tomorrow was the day I meet the leader of K.O.