Fourty-three

Without You

 

"Irina ..." Aika winced slightly as Irina dabbed a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol on her cut. 

"What?" Irina continued to clean the wound. 

"I-I think ..." Aika bit her lip. 

"Hmm?" Irina dropped the cotton ball onto a paper towel and then grabbed a gauze roll and wrapped it around the wound multiple times. She cut the remaining gauze and taped the free end. 

"I think those guys recognized us ..." 

Irina's eyes grew wide. She stood up from the couch as Aika thought of plans. 

"W-what? N-no they couldn't have! N-no one knows us from here ... We-we're faceless here! Sh-, n-no ..." Irina cried out frantically, pacing back and forth in front of Aika. 

All of a sudden, someone knocked on their door. Aika flinched while Irina cautiously walked towards it. Another loud knock was heard and Irina gulped, grabbing onto the door knob. Before she could turn the knob, the door suddenly broke open, the sound of wood breaking in two echoed in the quiet house. 

Aika stood up while Irina managed to step back before the door could hit her. Irina ran to Aika's side when two men with face masks on entered the house. 

"Who the are you?" Irina growled. 

The taller one looked like he smirked at her and stepped forward. 

"We're here to pick you guys up." He said, the mask muffling his voice. 

"Like hell you are." Irina pushed Aika behind her as Aika held onto her arm. 

The shorter one of the two who had light brown hair took out a gun. 

"This might sting a little." He said, shooting Irina on the shoulder. Irina gasped, looking at the two masked men. Her body started to feel heavy, she held onto Aika for support but she fell onto the ground afterwards. Aika kneeled down and she too was shot on the shoulder. 

The one with the light brown hair picked up Irina while the taller one carried Aika. 

-- 

Irina woke up and thought she was still sleeping. She blinked a couple of times before realizing that she was inside an extremely dark room. She tried to get up but felt chains attached to her wrists. Flashbacks of the time when Taehyun took her flooded her mind and she let out a pained sob. 

"I-Irina?" Irina turned to her side and she knew who it was. 

"A-aika?" 

"W-where are we?" Aika asked. 

"I-I ... I don't know." Irina brought her hands to her face and wiped the tears that escaped. 

"Do-do you think-"

"I killed him ... He can't be alive ..." Irina covered to conceal her gasp. 

"I-I didn't mean to mention him- ss-sorry..." 

"No, it's nothing. I-I just ..." Irina covered her face with her hands and cried. 

Aika bit down on her lip and balled her fists. She couldn't bear to hear her dear friend cry this way. Not again. 

Whoever did this will pay. She thought.

-- 

Byunghee had left Korea to go back to Japan for three days to finalize his stay in Korea. He decided he would stay in Korea for a while before coming back to Japan. It had been two days since he left. 

"Hyung are you ... are you ..." Seungri scratched his head. 

"What?" Daesung looked at the boy weirdly. 

"Are you bringing back K.O?" 

Daesung shook his head. 

"I-I don't want to be a part of that world any longer." He said. 

"B-but-" 

"I lost too many people in my life, and I don't want to lose anymore." 

Seungri nodded, understanding his hyung. 

"I'm sorry ab-" 

Daesung shook his head. 

"It's okay."

Daesung then remembered about Jiyong. 

"Seungri-ah ..." Seungri knew where the conversation was going. He recognized the tone of his voice, he was going to ask about Jiyong. 

"H-hyung I'm fine." His voice was strained. He wasn't, Seungri wasn't fine at all. 

Daesung nodded his head. 

"Don't cry now maknae, he'd be laughing at you right now if he saw your face." Daesung laughed, pinching the younger males' cheek. 

"Y-yah!" Seungri whined, slapping Daesung's hand away. 

-- 

Aika woke up feeling something cold press on her cheek. She woke up, and saw that a gun was pointed to her face. She flinched, her back hitting the wall. 

"Finally you're awake." It was the tall guy wearing the mask. Aika could recognize his voice. 

"Wh-what do you want from us?"

The male laughed. 

"The boss will see you guys soon."

Irina sat next to Aika, staring at the floor, not moving at all. Aika poked her side and Irina didn't flinch. 

"Crap." Aika muttered as she heard a door open. 

She looked up at the man who entered the room. She didn't recognize who he was but she knew that he was someone to be afraid of if they knew who they were. Aika looked at Irina, who was staring down at the floor like a statue. 

The male had brownish blonde hair and had glowing pale skin. He was wearing a black tuxedo and a silver watch on his left wrist. The male crouched down in front of Irina and grabbed her chin, tilting her head up. 

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Aika screamed, lunging herself forward only to be pulled back by the chains on her wrists. 

The male let out an amused chuckle and looked at Irina's face. She stared back into his eyes with a blank stare, as if she wasn't even in her body anymore. 

"So this is Seunghyun's sister." He inspected her face and ran his thumb across her long scar. 

"Cute." He muttered, letting her go. 

Irina continued to stare and sit in place. 

"What the do you want from us?" Aika growled.

The male looked at her way and placed his hands in his pockets. 

"Simple. I want Seunghyun gone and you two will be the way." An evil smirk plastered on his face. 

--

Youngbae ran into Seunghyun's office, almost crashing into Seunghyun's desk. 

"Whoa, Bae, calm down. What's the rush?" Seunghyun stared at the younger male. 

Youngbae took a couple of deep breaths before he told him what he had heard. 

"Hyung ... Irina ... Aika ... Alive ..." Youngbae wheezed, sitting down on one of the empty chairs in front of the desk. 

Seunghyun stared where Youngbae once stood, his mouth agape. 

"W-what?" 

"THEY'RE ALIVE." 

-- 

Seungri almost dropped his phone once he had received the news from Youngbae. He ran into the living room where Daesung was resting, his body was still too weak. Seungri almost tripped over the coffee table, trying to wake the older male up. 

"HYUNG!" Seungri yelled, shaking Daesung's sleeping body. 

"Hmm?" He woke up, yawning 

"THEY'RE ALIVE! THEY'RE ALIVE! HYUNG! THEY'RE ALIVE!"

"W-what? Who?"

"AIKA AND IRINA! THEY'RE ALIVE!" 

-- 

"Smile for the camera." The tall male mocked the two girls sitting on the floor. 

Aika glared at him while Irina sat there with a vacant expression on her face. Aika heard a beep from the camera which meant that they were now recording the video. 

"See, look! Don't they look familiar?" The male brought the camera up to Aika's face, she shook her head. 

" off." She muttered. 

"And of course ... who can't forget this one?" The male went to Irina and yanked her chin up, zooming in her blank stare and scar. Irina's face was unfazed; had she really left this world? 

"You guys should be a little bit more enthusiastic! You'll be reunited with the ones you love! Too bad you'll be in body bags." The male laughed then pressed the button, signaling that the video ended. 

The male turned off the camera and kneeled down to Aika. He patted her head, she flinched away. 

"If only you weren't with Seunghyun, I'd date you." 

"Like I'd date you, worthless scum." 

-- 

Seunghyun stared at the male who stood confidently in front of him. Daesung, Cheondoong, Seungri and Youngbae stood next to Seunghyun. The male had the same two men who had masks on. They were standing inside a vacant room with a large projector in the middle of the room. It was facing a blank wall. 

The blonde male took out a remote and waved it in front of the five men. 

"I'm not lying." The blonde male smirked. He pressed on the button and the video started. 

"Smile for the camera." The tall masked male smirked at the sound of his voice. 

" off." Seunghyun recognized that voice. He looked and saw his girlfriend. 

"Aika ..." He whispered under his breath. 

She looked so much smaller and paler. She even had blue hair. He thought. 

"And of course ... who can't forget this one?" Daesung's eyes grew wide while everyones mouths opened wide with shock. 

"I-Irina ..." Seunghyun stuttered out. 

She stared into the camera lense blankly and it pointed to the long scar on her face. Daesung stepped forward and grabbed the blonde male's collar. 

"What the did you do to her?!" He growled, his hot breath tickling the blonde males skin. 

The blonde male chuckled, pushing Daesung back. 

"I didn't do to her. When we got them she already had that." The blonde male clicked a button on the remote to stop the video. 

"Well? I didn't lie." 

"What do you want." Seunghyun asked, though he sounded like he wasn't asking at all; he knew what the man wanted. 

"You know what I want Seunghyun." The blonde male raised his left eyebrow up.

"I want you gone." 

--

"Irina." She heard Aika, but she didn't really hear her. 

It's as if Aika was far away from her; she could only hear the echo of her voice. She couldn't feel anything. She wasn't afraid, she wasn't angry, she was just ... there. She tried to move her arms, she even tried to kick the dirt accumulating around her feet but her body didn't respond. Its as if she had no control of her body. She couldn't even blink in her own will. Its like she didn't even inhibit her body; its as if she was a stranger, a parasite, a virus. 

She wanted to scream, she wanted to fight back, she wanted to break the chains that bound her but she couldn't, her body wouldn't let her. She knew she was strong enough to rip herself from the wall but her body acted against her. 

"Irina ..." Aika said again, Aika's voice surrounding her. 

Everything looked out of focus and bleak. Like she was peering through a dirty pair of binoculars. 

She heard the door open, but of course, her body didn't move. 

The blonde male crouched down in front of Irina and grabbed her face once again. Aika yelled, she didn't want him to touch her. 

"Why are they so crazy over you?" He asked, though he knew he wouldn't get an answer. 

"Want good news?" He asked, Aika yelled at him to ' off'. He ignored her. 

"Daesung's alive." 

Those two words brought life to her body. She felt her numbing wrists, she felt her tired legs, she felt anger, hatred, happiness, and confusion. She stared back at the blonde male with life in her eyes; he smirked. 

"Wow." He stared into her hazel eyes; they were no longer lifeless, they shone like stars in the night sky. 

His eyes grew wide at the sight, he exhaled, nodding his head. 

"Now I understand." He let go of her face and stood up, leaving the two females to further process what he had mentioned. 

Irina's head dropped down, uncontrollable sobbing started, tears dripping down her face and clothes. 

"He's alive ..." She cried, gripping onto the chains on the wall. 

"Irina-" 

A loud crack noise came from the wall, the metal inserts inside the wall began to come out, the concrete wall slowly crumbling as Irina pulled. Her wrists were weighed down by the remaining concrete surrounding the metal bars that were once connected to the wall. She pounded them onto the wall and some cracked off. 

She kneeled down Aika and grabbed the chains, effortlessly pulling her chains off of the wall. Aika gave her a quick hug and the two went for the door.

"Irina-" 

"Stay behind me, no matter what." She said, not looking at her. Aika nodded. 

She kicked the door open, cracking the door straight in the middle. The men outside the room gasped, surprised. They stared at Irina in horror. 

"You people have no idea who you're messing with." Irina said under her breath, bringing her arms up. 

Two of the seven men outside the room lunged towards Irina and their faces were greeted with the chains at their face. Their faces caved in, both falling on the floor, lying in their blood. 

The other five attacked her at once and were met with the same fate. 

Irina brought her arms down and grabbed Aika's wrist to pull her along the corridor. They opened the door to enter a large empty room. It looked like an abandoned warehouse. They stood in front of the two masked men. 

"Get the out of my way or you'll share the same fate." Irina threatened the taller male. 

The taller male took off his mask and smirked. Irina recognized the man immediately. 

"You're the guy who went into our house to fix the bathroom!" 

"Zitao at your service." He bowed mockingly. 

Irina grabbed the chains and whipped it like nunchucks in her hands. Zitao tilted his head and looked at her amusingly. 

"I've always wanted to fight you. When I heard about how Seunghyun's sister was a crazy fighter, I didn't believe it cause you're a girl. But, I guess we'll have to see." The shorter male handed Zitao a long katana blade. 

Zitao smirked at Irina. 

"We have to be fair." 

Irina chuckled. 

"Hey, your funeral kid." Zitao's expression darkened. 

"Don't call me kid." He took a step forward and raised his blade, ready to strike. 

Irina smirked and swung her body forward, giving herself momentum to swing the two metal chains from behind her back. Zitao swung his blade forward, as Irina swung the chains in front of her, wrapping around Zitao's blade. Zitao pulled his sword back, pulling Irina towards him, he brought up his foot to kick Irina in the stomach, only to be blocked by the side of her leg, leaving a dusty imprint of the bottom of Zitao's foot on her. 

Irina unwrapped the chains from his blade, smiling teasingly at the male who was growling in anger. He twisted his wrist, switching his blade to his other hand, bringing it to the right side of his face. He leaned backward then pushed his body forward, twisting the blade so that the pointed part was pointed at Irina's direction. 

Irina lunged forward, twisting her body around so that she swung the chains by her side, Zitao dodged her attack, moving his body to the right, Irina saw him and she whipped one of the chains, nearly missing his arm. 

As this all happened, Aika and the other masked man stared at the two fighting. Aika looked at the male who also was looking at her. She took a step back and raised her fists. 

"I-I don't want to fight." The masked man announced, raising his hands up in defeat. 

"What?" 

"I-I don't-" He suddenly fell on the floor, face first. 

"You were always weak." The blonde male propped his metal club up onto his shoulder. He had hit the other man in the mask! 

"How about you and I fight?" He smirked, urging Aika to come after him.

"Tch, you need a weapon to fight me? Coward." Aika spat. 

The blonde males' eyes darkened. His playful smirk turned into an angered expression as he threw the bat from his hold, cracking his knuckles. Aika chuckled at the male. 

"You'll lose either way, at least this way, it'll be faster." 

*CLANG* Zitao's blade cut through one of the braces that held the chain onto Irina's wrist. It immediately fell onto the floor. Irina rubbed her freed wrist and smiled. She then swung the other chain on her other wrist, wrapping onto Zitao's blade. Irina yanked it before Zitao could get a firmer grip; she grabbed the blade with her other hand and Zitao was left weaponless. 

Irina smirked at the younger male and spun the blade in her hand, teasing him. Zitao growled, lunging forward. Irina dodged him and threw the katana to the wall, the blade piercing through the wall, wedging itself in it. Irina ran to the blade, placing the end of the chain on the sharp part of the katana.  

"How about we stop playing these games and really fight Zitao." She cut the chain off, leaving the cuff on her wrist.

"Perfect." He balled up his fists as he ran towards her. 

She stood on the same spot until he was a few feet away, she twisted her body and did a crescent kick to Zitao's face, flinging his body back as blood spewed from his mouth. Zitao managed to catch himself before falling onto the floor, he wiped the blood from his face and did a jumping front kick towards Irina's face, only to be blocked by her arm. She was pushed back by the impact, she ran towards him and threw multiple punches, only to be caught by him. 

Irina kicked him square in the stomach, he staggered back and caught her leg, throwing her over his shoulder and onto the concrete floor. Irina yelled in pain but pushed herself up from the floor and did a backflip, kicking him in the jaw as she did so. She tried to move her left shoulder but it was too painful to do so; it had been dislocated. 

Zitao noticed and quickly launched himself forward to grab her by her dislocated shoulder. He twisted her body as she cried in pain, he pushed her down on the floor, pulling the injured arm up. 

"Easy." He said mockingly as she cried and thrashed under him. 

Aika looked to her side and saw Irina in pain, she looked back at the blonde male who was colorfully adorned with bruises all over his face from Aika's hits. Blood dried at the corner of his lip as he continued to stand in front of Aika. 

"You're not much of a fighter are you?" Aika smirked, noticing the males lack of skills. 

The male growled and ran towards her, only to be met with her foot as she did a roundhouse kick to the blonde males face. He fell on the floor, unconscious and into a pool of his blood. 

Aika tackled Zitao onto the floor and threw punches at his face. Irina crumpled onto the floor, and cried out loud. Aika looked up and got off of Zitao when he kicked Aika in the stomach. She fell down on the floor, gasping for air as Zitao ran to the sword that was lodged on the wall. He took it out and ran to Irina. 

She was trying to get up but her uninjured arm was too weak. She fell flat on the concrete floor. 

"Pathetic." Zitao muttered raising the point of the sword at her head. 

Irina didn't say a word and bit her lip to prevent pained sobs come out of from her dislocated shoulder. 

"I should kill you right now." 

Irina closed her eyes and tried to push herself back up from the floor. Zitao smirked at her attempt to get up. He pulled her injured arm and flipped her over, making it so his sword was pointing at her forehead. 

Irina was breathing heavily as Zitao looked down on her. 

"Pity you're an enemy, you would have been a great addition to us." 

"Like I'd join a worthless gang like yours." She spat up at his face, her spit falling onto his shoe. She smirked. 

Zitao's face scrunched up into an angry scowl and swiped the pointed part of the blade on her forehead, a long red cut grew on her forehead, blood instantly cascading down her face. 

Aika quietly got up behind Zitao and kicked him straight in the spine, grabbing the arm that held the blade, forcing it out of his hold. Aika then locked him in a chokehold, Zitao started to choke and gasp, his nails dragging across Aika's arms, leaving red, bloody marks all over he arms.

The masked male got up from the floor, clutching onto his head. He shook his head a couple of times and saw that his leader was knocked unconscious while Zitao and Aika were fighting. He saw Irina bleeding on the floor and he immediately ran towards her.

His stomach churned at the sight. Irina's eyes were barely open as the blood continued to flow down her face. He took off his mask and tried to stop the bleeding. 

"Y-y-yixing ...?" Irina barely whispered. 

"I-I'm sorry I didn't know you were her when I saw you at the hotel. I'm sorry for taking you here. I'm sorry." His chest felt heavy as he saw her look so weak and fragile. 

Zitao kneeled onto the floor, his arms limp. He gasped for air one more time before he fell on the floor. Aika ran towards Irina once she let of Zitao. Aika recognized the male immediately. 

"I know you hate me right now but the more important thing to do right now is get the hell out of here." He picked up Irina from the floor and he placed her on Aika's back. 

"Go through those doors and you'll be out of here. Don't look back and keep running, the others will be after you. I'll try to keep them off of your trail but I can't hold them off too long." 

"W-why are you helping us?" Aika asked. 

"You two don't deserve this happening to you." He answered, a small smile grew on his lips. 

"T-thank you. Thank you so much!" She said before running off. 

Someone like her doesn't deserve this at all... He thought before putting his mask back on. 

-- 

This is probably the longest chapter out of all of this. I hope y'all enjoyed reading cause I enjoyed writing this whole thing. Gash, this is probably my favorite chapter out of all of the ones I've written xD