Fourty

Without You

Irina felt a soft poke on her forehead, causing her to stir in her sleep. She was poked again, swatting the hand away. Another poke. She woke up. 

"Argh ..." Irina mumbled sleepily, pulling the overs over her head. 

"Sorry to wake you but, we gotta go." Aika said. 

"Just another hour ... or ten ..." Irina muttered under her breath, snuggling onto her pillow. 

So it had been a dreamless dream. Aika thought. 

Most of the time, Irina would instantly hop out of bed the moment Aika wakes her up when she slept. Rarely did it happen when she'd want to keep sleeping. 

"Fine ..." Aika sighed out-loud. At least she'd be resting. 

-- 

Byunghee woke up with a mild hangover, he sat up from the couch, placing down the empty glass bottle of alcohol down onto the coffee table next to the couch. He stood up and walked towards the bathroom. He took a quick shower and brushed his teeth, getting rid of the bitter taste out of his mouth. He got a change of clothes from the fully-stocked walk-in closet, picking business casual attire. 

He picked up his phone from the coffee table and saw that he had fifty missed calls. 

"What the ?!" He exclaimed out loud. 

They were all from Seunghyun. He quickly called back the number. 

"Finally." Seunghyun answered. 

"Sorry hyung, I woke up only now." Byunghee apologized. 

"You do know it's three in the afternoon right?" 

"WHAT?" Byunghee looked down at his watch, slapping himself on the forehead. 

"Damn, I didn't realize ..." 

"With that aside, can you come over?" 

"What for?" 

"I'll explain further when you arrive." 

-- 

"Thank you for the hospitality." Aika told Yixing. 

"N-no problem." He nodded. 

Aika walked out of the lobby and into the cab they called over. Yixing and Irina stood in the lobby in silence. He scratched the back of his head and took a deep breath. 

"Uhm ... yeah-w-well thanks again." Irina thanked him, bowing her head slightly. 

"It's my job." He flashed a shy smile at her. 

How he wished they would stay longer. He didn't even know her name ...

Irina held on her bag tighter, ready to leave.

"Well ... bye." She uttered softly and turned towards the door to leave. 

Yixing grabbed her by the wrist, startling her. She looked back at him curiously when he quickly kissed her on the cheek. Irina's eyes grew wide and her face instantly flushed red. Yixing let go of her wrist and mumbled a soft 'sorry' and walked through a door she didn't know where it was headed to. She quickly walked out of the building and into the cab, closing the car door. 

Irina looked down at her hands and didn't dare check if Aika had witness what just happened. 

-- 

"What was it that you wanted to tell me?" Byunghee asked the moment he arrived at the house where Seunghyun and the others were staying at. 

Seunghyun handed me a folder. I opened it and looked inside. It was a picture.

"What the ..." Byunghee looked up at Seunghyun who looked just as confused as he was. 

"He's ... alive?"