Seventeen (the night before)

Without You

Throughout the whole night, Irina kept the hood of the jacket onto her head. She stuck by Daesung and didn't say a single word unless Daesung or the other members of K.O. talked to her. 

Just before the party was about to end, a group of five people entered the room. Irina looked up and gasped. 

"Seunghyun." She whispered under her breath. 

Daesung wrapped his arm around her waist, keeping her in place. 

"Don't you dare leave my side." He growled in her ear. 

Seunghyun spotted Daesung immediately and walked towards him. 

"Sung." He stiffly said. 

"T.O.P." Daesung replied with a smirk. 

"Now." Daesung whispered into Irina's ear. She took a deep breath and took off the hood, revealing her identity. 

Everyone that was watching the exchange between Daesung and Seunghyun all gasped. 

"See it is her!" 

"This can't be!" 

"Traitor!" 

"Irina …" Seunghyun muttered out-loud. 

Before she could reply, Byunghee pushed through the crowd and stood next to Seunghyun. 

Irina gasped at the sight of Byunghee. His face was covered with scratches and bruises; his left arm was bandaged and his right hand was wrapped in gauze. 

Byunghee grabbed Irina by the wrist, dragging her along with him through the crowd. He led her outside on the balcony, wanting to talk privately with her.

"A-are you okay?" She asked him. 

"What do you think?" He snapped. 

"I-I-" She took a deep breath. 

"I was told that you saved me the other night. Thank you for that." 

"Oh? Did they also tell you that they beat me up and dropped me off at your brothers' place? And on top of that, Seunghyun tells me that you're with HIM now? I-I couldn't believe it until I see you in HIS arms!" 

Irina wanted to tell him that it is all an act and that she isn't really with Daesung but Irina knew she had a promise to keep. 

"I-I'm s-sorry …" 

Byunghee softened his gaze at her, realizing he had gone overboard. 

"I'm sorry. I led you to him …" 

"T-this was meant to happen. You know that.

He shook his head. 

"No-" 

"Stop. Please don't say anything else." She paused. 

"I wanted to say thank you for saving me and that is all I will say to you. I-I have to go back to him." He grabbed her arm and pulled her into his chest, hugging her tightly. 

"No. Leave him and go to me. Please go back to me. Pick me. We belong." Drops of tears fell onto her head as he held her. 

"I love you so much and it hurts to see you in another mans arms. I ed up so badly back then but I will make it up to you, no matter what it takes." 

Her heart felt heavy at his words. She was wrong; she still loved Byunghee. Though the pain of him hurting her destroyed her, she couldn't help but want to give in and take him back. She wanted her first love back.

 

If only it were that easy. 

 

"Sorry." She could only muster up that word without breaking into tears. 

She unwrapped herself from his hold and ran out. She kept her tears in; she didn't want to show her tears in public, she didn't want anyone to witness her weak.