Chapter Thirty

Without You

{Irina POV} 

Taehyun finally appeared in front of me. 

I woke up to see his face staring back at mine, causing me to jerk back. He chuckled at me. I sat up straight while he crouched down to meet my eye level. 

"Enjoying your stay?" 

I didn't reply to him and started blankly at him. 

"You know, it was amusing to watch you, Choi. To see you this weak and broken, you have no idea how much joy it gave me." He taunted me. 

"Then my death might give you overwhelming emotions of happiness that you'll have a heart attack and die." I muttered. 

I don't know how many days passed since I first woke up in this room. I stopped counting the times the boy entered and gave me food. I stopped believing I'll be found because it gave me false hope. I stopped thinking about him because I knew I'd go even crazier if I kept thinking about seeing his face once again. 

"It's pretty funny, seeing your stupid brother and your boyfriend try to look for you. They're going in circles." He laughed, ignoring what I had said. 

"They'll never find you. At least, not soon." He grabbed my chin and pulled me close to his face. 

"And by the time they do, it'll be too late." He pushed me back onto the wall. 

I looked down at the floor, not bothering to watch Taehyun leave.  

I was right, he has been watching me all this time. I sighed and looked at the wall where the 'door' should be.

Taehyun's news gave me hope, even though I knew he was using that piece of information as a way to taunt me, it gave me hope. At least I was reassured they were looking for me, but that small glimmer of hope might hurt me in the end.

The boy entered the room with a tray of food. He placed it in front of me and started to walk out. 

"Hey wait." I raised my hand up only to be pulled down by the chains. ing chains, I hated these things. 

He turned around and looked at me. 

"W-whats your name?" I asked. 

He looked at me with an apologetic expression and shook his head. 

"I'm sorry, I can't say." He turned around once again and walked out of the room, the door shutting behind him tightly. 

I sighed and grabbed the tray from in front of me. I didn't even know why I asked him; I slammed my fists onto the wall, the chains hitting the wall with it.  I suddenly lost my appetite, I pushd the tray away from me and pulled my knees to my chest, hugging them tightly. 

I wish I could die already. What's the point of living if I'm in this room where I'm being played mentally? Is Taehyun's goal to break me down emotionally? If he is, he won. He ing won. He doesn't need to break me any more because I'm fully wrecked. 

I grabbed the tray and threw it across the room. I started to smash my fists onto the wall, yelling incoherent words in the process. I felt hot tears streak my face. I felt my throat hurt from the strain of yelling so hard but I didn't care; I didn't care if he could see me breaking down. 

"DON'T YOU WANT THIS?!" I screamed. 

I threw myself onto the wall; heck, I couldn't even feel the impact, I felt so numb. 

I sat down on the floor, my head down. I felt liquid trickle down my wrists, I look to my left and from my blurred vision, I saw red. I chuckled bitterly, I was bleeding. 

I brought my head up and looked up at the ceiling and laughed. 

"I'm going crazy." I muttered, smirking. 

-- 

{NO POV} 

The boy stood in the corner of the room staring intently at the television screen as Taehyun watched it in delight. The boy felt disgusted. He never wanted any part in this at all. 

He took a deep breath to prevent his tears. He looked down at his feet; he couldn't bear to watch it any longer. 

She had truly broken down. 

"Yah, Dongwoon, come over here. You have to see this!" Taehyun urged the boy to come over to his side to watch the screen. 

Dongwoon reluctantly walked to Taehyun and looked at the screen. 

Irina had stopped yelling and thrashing. She sat on the floor and laughter could be heard. Dongwoon's eyes grew wide. He saw blood trickling down her hands, pooling down onto the floor. He felt so sick, he was so guilty for taking any part in this. If he wasn't so indebt to Taehyun he would have refused. 

"H-hyung s-should I go and help her?" Dongwoon asked. 

"Leave her." Taehyun replied, his eyes still glued onto the screen. 

-- 

Dongwoon walked out of the room and into the hallway, his legs giving in. He fell down onto the concrete floor. 

"You're a bad person. You're so horrible." His mind taunted him. 

It's not like he didn't know that already. He knew from the start that if he took the offer from Taehyun to do this, he'd be one of the most horrible people to live on Earth. He didn't anticipate the guilt that would strike him. 

He so badly wished he could fix things. If he could, he'd help the girl to escape but he was too afraid of Taehyun. If Taehyun was heartless enough to kill their own father, what would stop him from killing his own half-brother? 

From the start, Taehyun hated Dongwoon because he was the off-spring of the love that shouldn't have happened between their father and Dongwoon's mother. Dongwoon felt that he was a burden to his older brother so he did everything in his power to please him, even if he knew deep inside that nothing he would do could erase the hatred Taehyun had for him. 

Though he was afraid, Dongwoon knew that he was at his limit.