Chapter Thirty-Three

Without You

{Irina  POV} 

 

Everything happened in a flash. I never thought I could move this fast after being so weak for so long, I thought my body would give in the next second. 

 

The guy who brought the tray of food entered the room, I slid down the chains from my wrists and threw the metal plate at him. Blood gushed from his nose. They're the idiots who used metal plates. 

 

I pushed my body forward to kick him in the stomach, he fell down instantly, holding onto his face and abdominal area. I ran out the door, expecting many to rush through. 

 

I was mildly disappointed that I spotted seven people with weapons ready to attack me. 

 

Had Taehyun really think I broken down that easily? 

 

His mistake. 

 

A smirk grew on my face as the first guy lunged towards me. I easily kicked him in the throat, causing him to gasp and fall straight to the floor. Two more went forward, one had brass knuckles while the other had a chain. 

 

"Pathetic." I muttered before grabbing the chain, easily swinging the male towards the guy with the knuckles. The two went flying towards the rest of the men, giving me a way of exit. 

 

I ran to the door at the end of the hall, quickly grabbing onto the doorknob when I felt it move in my hands. I froze for a second, then I pushed the door open. 

 

"Irina!?" I looked up and saw familiar faces. 

 

"Oppa?" My voice cracked, I could feel tears forming at the corner of my eyes. 

 

Instantly he enclosed me in his hold, hugging me tightly. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him back. I closed my eyes and let the tears fall. I saw my brother again. 

 

"You've gotten so thin dongseng-ah." His voice thick, I could tell he was trying hard not to cry. 

 

"H-hyung we gotta go." I heard Youngbae say. 

 

I looked up and saw who was there. 

 

Youngbae, Daesung, Byunghee, and Cheondoong was there with Seunghyun. 

 

Seunghyun let go of me and I ran to Daesung. I hugged him tightly, not caring if I was crushing him; I missed him so much, I think he'd forgive me for a few seconds of pain. 

 

"Shh, we're here. Don't cry anymore." He said, kissing the top of my head. 

 

I was with him. I smiled, hugging him tighter as I rested my head on the crook of his neck. I felt safe. 

 

My surroundings started to disappear; I felt as if it were only me and him. I was so happy to be alive. 

 

"Daesung, take care of my sister, we have to go." Seunghyun said, bringing me back to reality. 

 

"Neh." Daesung replied, picking me up from the floor, carrying me bridal style. 

 

"Hyu-" *BANG* The sound of gunfire rang in my ears. Then pain shot through my body. 

 

"Ah, ." I looked down to my left shoulder and saw blood dripping down. 

 

"You messed with the wrong people." Youngbae growled, tackling the man with the gun, yanking the gun from his hand and flinging it across the room. Numerous punches towards the mans face were landed perfectly by Youngbae. 

 

More of Taehyun's men began to get up and I swear I heard a few footsteps from upstairs. 

 

"No ..." Daesung stared at me in horror and pulled me closer into his chest. 

 

I started to grow faint, everything started to blur. 

 

"We really have to go. Youngbae leave him!" I heard my brother order. 

 

As we ran, multiple gunshots were fired. Daesung held me tightly against his body, making it difficult for me to see if anyone else was hurt. 

 

"You're going to be fine, okay? Don't close your eyes. Stay with me." Daesung said against my ear. I nodded. 

 

We ran down the stairs and suddenly, a door opened. A girl with red hair opened the door, urging us to hurry. 

 

I saw Seunghyun grab her wrist, pulling her along with us. 

 

We ran in the lightless hallway till another door opened. I shook my head. I thought I was hallucinating, but I wasn't.

 

"I-It's you." I said, looking at the male who opened the door. 

 

It was the boy who gave my food everyday. 

 

"I-I-I-I'm s-s-sorry about that." He dropped his head. 

 

"Kid, lets go." The red haired girl said, pulling him along with her. The male shut the door and we all ran. 

 

-- 

 

I woke up inside my room in my house. I looked at my bandaged shoulder and tried to push myself up with my good arm. My arm was too weak so I fell back down. I groaned in pain. 

 

"You're awake!" The red haired female jumped up from her chair. 

 

"W-who are you?" I said, pushing myself up towards the headboard. 

 

"Oh, sorry, where did my manners go. My name is Aika." The girl smiled warmly at me. 

 

"I was the one that informed your brother about your whereabouts. Dongwoon, the guy who gave you your food, told me to tell your brother." 

 

So Dongwoon was his name. I should thank him later. 

 

"So where are the others?" I asked Aika. 

 

"Seunghyun went to take care of 'business' and your boyfriend went to the store to get you food." 

 

"I-I see." I nodded. 

 

"Byunghee's outside. Do you want me to tell him you're awake?" I instantly shook my head no. 

 

"I-I don't think he'll want to talk to me." I looked down. 

 

"Nonsense. I'll get him." Aika stood up and ran out the door. 

 

"Wait! I-" I sighed. 

 

Seconds later Byunghee entered the room. I saw his right arm in a sling. 

 

"You're awake."

 

"Mhm." I bit my lower lip. 

 

"Irina …" Byunghee walked closer. He then sat on the edge of my bed. 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"I'm glad you're fine." He let out a small smile. 

 

"T-thanks. I'm glad you're okay as well." I pointed to his arm.  

 

He nodded his head. 

 

"I … I wish things happened differently. If I had known that from what I did in the past would led to this, I would take it all back."

 

I looked up, tears ready to fall from my eyes. 

 

"Byunghee …" 

 

"But … I'm glad things ended up this way. You're happy with him. You belong." He stood up from the bed and walked towards me. He kissed my forehead and left the room. 

 

I covered my face with my hands and cried. 

 

"I can only wish you happiness from now on. I'm sorry it won't be me." I whispered.