Twenty

Without You

Daesung sat up from the bed, stretching his arms and shoulders. He let out a long yawn as he got up from the bed. He noticed that it was already nearing nighttime. He got out of Seungri's room to the living room. He spotted Irina sleeping awkwardly on the couch, her head propped up against the arm of the couch. He kneeled down next to her sleeping state and smiled. 

He then picked her up carefully, not wanting to wake her up. He carried her from the living room to Seungri's room. Irina stirred a bit in his arms, she opened her eyes partially and reached for his face. She softly caressed his jawline and let out a sheepish grin. 

"Angel ..." She muttered before dropping her hand onto her lap and falling asleep once again. 

Daesung laid her body down the bed and pulled up the blanket to her waist. He leaned in and kissed her on the forehead. 

"You're my angel ..." He whispered and closed the door behind him. 

Daesung grabbed the house keys from the counter in the kitchen and a jacket that was hanging on a chair in the dining room. He quickly put on his shoes and left the house in a hurry.

Daesung went to a nearby park and spotted a familiar bench. He sat down and looked at his surroundings. He smiled, remembering the memories he shared with her. 

 

[flashback] 

"Do you hate it?" Irina asked Daesung as they both sipped from their boba drinks. 

"Hate what?" 

"How your life turned out ... You know, don't you wish that things didn't happen the way they did?" She asked him curiously, stirring her straw into the mango slush. 

Daesung looked up at the sky and then at his drink. He took a large sip and groaned in pain. 

"Are you okay?!" Irina grabbed him by the shoulder, concerned. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Brain freeze." He smiled. 

"Babo." Irina laughed at him. 

"I don't know ... I guess I wish things turned out differently but then what's the point of wishful thinking? I'll be distracting myself from what is supposed to come. I can't focus my attention on the past, I have to concentrate on the present and future." He answered truthfully. 

"But what if there was a chance for you to change the past ... would you take it?" 

Daesung shrugged his shoulders and continued to sip on his drink. 

[end of flashback] 

 

He got up from the bench and walked along the path inside the park. On his left was a small playground; there were two little kids riding down the slide, laughing and giggling. He smiled at the scene. 


[flashback] 

"Com'on!" Irina urged him to get onto the playground structure. 

"Hell no!" Daesung resisted, trying to break free of her grip but surprisingly she was strong. 

"Yah, just slide down once!" She pushed him up the kiddie stairs and towards the slide. 

"I'm too big! I'll get stuck." 

"Yah, quit being a big baby, just go down once! It's fun!" She pushed him to the front of the slide.

Daesung grunted and sat down onto the opening of the slide. He gripped onto the sides of the slide. 

"Since I know you won't go down on your own-" 

Irina pushed him down the slide, causing Daesung to let out a girlish shriek. 

"YAAAAAAAHHH!" 

[end of flashback] 

 

He kept walking until he saw a familiar sweet potato vendor. He walked towards the stand and bought one sweet potato. He peeled open the hot root and started to nibble onto it. 

 

[flashback] 

"Aish, its too hot!" Irina wiped her lips with her sleeve and stomped her feet onto the ground.

"I told you to wait." Daesung stuck his tongue out at her and blew on his sweet potato. 

"Ugh, whatever." Irina muttered, blowing onto her food. 

The two held onto their sweet potatoes as they walked across the neighborhood. 

"Why do we keep walking around?" Irina asked him. 

"I like walking around." 

"But its winter ... Aren't you cold?" Irina asked, taking a bite from her potato. 

"Not really ... I have this." He raised his sweet potato. 

"But what if the ahjumma wasn't there?" She tilted her head to the side. 

"Then you'll have to hold onto my hands to keep me warm." He winked playfully at her. 

"Tch, steal someone elses' body warmth." Irina scoffed at him, walking faster than him. 

"Yah, wait!" 

[end of flashback] 

He finished his sweet potato, throwing the peels at a trashcan in the park and decided to walk back home. Before he passed by his safe-house, there was a fairly new noodle shop that opened up. He decided to buy two bowls of noodles for his and her dinner. 

-- 

Irina woke up from her slumber, feeling her neck ache. She sat up from the bed and stretched her neck. 

"Wait ..." She realized that she wasn't in the living room any longer. She got up from the bed and walked out of the room. Just when she walked to the living room, Daesung entered the house with the noodles in his hands. 

"You're awake." He smiled at her. 

"Y-yeah. Thanks for carrying me to the room." She thanked him.

"No problem, I stole your bed for a while so it was natural for me to do so. Are you hungry? I bought us dinner." He said, raising up the pastic bags. 

"Yeah, I'm starving." She patted her stomach and both made their way to the dining room table. 

Daesung placed down the plastic bags and untied the knots. He brought out each noodle bowl, one for him and one for her. He got the plastic spoons and wooden chopsticks from the plastic bag and gave it to her. She thanked him and they both started to eat their dinner. 

 

-- 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I gave you guys some scenes of Daesung and Irina back when they first met (back when Irina had to be Sulli). I wanted give you guys a glimpse of their relationship before I let out the big secret.