Three

Without You

I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock. I looked at it and groaned. 

Today was the first day of school for Byunghee and the others. I sunk down onto my bed and let out another unpleasant sound from my mouth. I didn't want to leave my house today or my bed. 

"Yah, Irina, get up. Don't make me drag you out of your bed!" I heard Byunghee from outside of my door. 

I immediately sit up from my bed and scratch my head. 

-- 

Byunghee was the only one that was in my apartment this morning, he told me that we'll meet the others in school. 

"Can you at least tell me who is going to school with us?" I asked him for the third time. 

"You'll see who they'll be." He replied as he bit his toast. 

I sigh and get up from the dining table chair. I make my way towards the fridge to get a bottle of water. I grab the last bottle of water and a small container of yogurt that was next to it. I close the fridge door and turn around, back to the table. 

Byunghee was directly in front of me, causing me to hit my back on the fridge. 

"Y-yah, w-why are you so close to me?" I stutter as his face inches closer towards mine. 

"Because ... I've been deprived of my morning kisses for two months now ... I think I should get that routine back up and running once again ..." A small smirk formed on his lips. 

I pushed his face out of my way. "Kiss my foot you ert." He grabbed my wrists and pushed me back onto the fridge. 

My breathing started to become heavy; I was getting incredibly nervous due to our positions. 

"Com'on Byunghee, knock it off." I tried to laugh but my throat ran dry. 

"Why are you acting so shy right now? Its not like we haven't kissed before." He leaned his face closer to mine. 

"Yah Byu-" I instantly closed my eyes the moment I felt his lips pressed on mine. My srunched up face relaxed and so did my whole body. His hands left my wrist and made their way to my waist. 

"Sweet." He smirked on my lips. I opened my eyes and pushed him away from me. 

"Are you happy now?" I glared at him. 

He grinned sweetly and kissed me on the nose. 

"Very." He replied. "Now lets get to school." He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the apartment while holding both of our backpacks with his free hand. 

-- 

A couple of blocks away from the school, I yanked my arm out of Byunghee's grasp. 

"Lets get this straight; you and the other guys will not make any contact with me. I don't want anyone to know that I'm connected with any of you guys." I crossed my arms in front of my chest. 

"But we're here to protect yo-" 

"I can take care of myself. You guys are only there to keep my brother satisfied with the fact that I'm near you all." 

"But-" Byunghee grabbed my arm. 

"If you break this one rule, I'll break you." I growled, pulling at his collar. 

He nodded his head frantically and I let go. 

"Tell the others this. I'll walk ahead of you. Once five minutes has passed, start walking." I left him alone at the spot as I walked to school. 

I arrived school shortly and I saw a familiar group of guys standing in front. They instantly recognized me but didn't move from their spots. I stiffly nodded my head at them and they stiffly nodded back; Byunghee must have already told them. 

Once I entered the school building, student chatter stopped. Everyone was looking at me as I walked towards my locker. I wasn't bothered by the awkward quietness as I grabbed the necessary books for my classes this day. As I grabbed the last book I needed for today, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was greeted by a punch in the face. I slam on the lockers and I spat out a mixture of my saliva and my blood. My vision was blurry due to the impact so I didn't recognize who hit me. 

"." I muttered softly. I rubbed my eyes to see who had attacked me. It was an unfamiliar person wearing some type of brace over their face to keep their nose in place. 

"You ruined my pretty face!" The person yelled out. 

"Uh ... Who are you?" I asked. 

A familiar shrill cry escaped the persons mouth. 

"Oh, Suri." I casually remark. She grabbed me by the throat and pushed me harder onto the lockers. Everyone was already crowding around us, her gang right behind her. 

"At least you remember now, Loser." 

I shrug my shoulders. 

"Since you're the one who did this to me, you need to pay." Her whiny voice irritated my ears. 

"I don't have enough money to pay for your plastic surgery." I blurt out. 

Everyone started to laugh; Suri's grip on my neck tightened. 

"Oh, you're suddenly gaining a backbone now, eh?" She sneered, her nails digging into my skin. 

I shrug my shoulders once more. 

"Well Loser, don't you worry about your POOR condition, I don't need your coins. You're going to pay with blood."

"I don't feel like donating blood at the moment," I grabbed her arm that was holding me up and twisted it; she screamed in pain. "So if you don't mind, I'll be going to class now." She let go of my neck and I walked to my class. The students made way for me; some looked at me in fear and some looked at me in admiration. 

Before I was able to walk into my class, an arm yanked me into an empty classroom. 

"IRINA! WHAT THE WAS THAT?!" Byunghee snarled. 

"I can handle myself. Don't worry!" 

"You can 'handle yourself'? YOU HAVE NAIL MARKS ON YOUR NECK!" Byunghee grabbed me by my sides and shook me. 

"IF YOUR BROTHER SEES YOU'RE DEAD. AND THEN I'M DEAD." I push him away from me. 

"I said, I can handle myself." 

Byunghee pulled me into his chest. 

"You're being ing bullied and you're telling me I can't protect you?!" I stayed silent. 

"YES, THAT'S THE IN' POINT BYUNGHEE. YOU CAN'T PROTECT ME. NOT ANYMORE." I force myself out of his hold. 

"Leave me be. I know what I'm doing." I say and I turn around to walk to my class. 

I froze in place, feeling Byunghee pull me back by the waist. 

"Let me go." I say through my teeth. 

"Respect my one and only rule Byunghee. Don't let anyone know we know each other or else ..." I could feel tears at the brim of my eyes. 

He let go of me and I walked quickly into the classroom. I place my backpack down on the floor and immediately rest my head on the table. The bell rang and students started entering the room. The teacher entered last just before the bell rang for class to start. 

"Students, we have four new students. Please welcome them." I heard girls squealing in delight. 

I sighed, annoyed. 

"This is Jung Byunghee, Dong Youngbae, Bang Cheolyong, and Lee Changsun." I heard the teacher introduce them all. 

No wonder why the girls are going crazy, Seunghyun made the good looking ones come over here. I felt a nudge on my side. I look up and saw Charles pointing towards the front. 

"Ms. Choi?" I sat up straight. 

"Yes?" I reply. 

"Mr. Jung, please switch with Mr. Lee, Ms. Choi's seatmate. You'll be sitting next to her." From the corner of my eye, I could see the girls in my class glaring at me. 

Charles looked at me and gave me a thumbs up sign. I gave him a small smile as he stood up from his chair. Byunghee sat next to me and looked to the front. The teacher placed the others in random seats, right after, she started with the lesson plan. 

-- 

The lunch bell rang, everyone stood up from their seats and grabbed their belongings. I sat on my chair for a few moments and waited till everyone left the classroom. I grabbed my backpack and swiftly walked towards the staircase. I run up the stairs and make my way towards the rooftop. The cold wind greeted me as I made my way towards the ledge. 

I drop my backpack onto my side and sit with my knees up. I rested my head on my knees and looked out at the view. 

"Be careful now." I snap my attention to my left and saw a dark haired boy sitting ontop of the entrance/exit of the stairs. 

"It's him!" I exclaim in my head. 

"You shouldn't be saying anything." I tell him. 

He jumped off and dusted off his pants. 

"Eh, I'm a professional." He let out an angelic smile. 

"And you think I'm not?" I muse out. 

He shrugged his shoulders. I turned my back against him. 

"Oh. By the way." I turn towards him. 

"Hmm?" 

"Be careful of that Suri girl, she plays dirty. I heard you're in some kind of trouble involving her." 

I smirk. 

"Don't you worry your pretty little head, I can take care of myself." He let out an amused chuckle and nodded his head. 

"See you around, Irina." Daesung let out and left.

"So the infamous Kang Daesung knows my name." I whisper out.