Sixteen

Without You

Irina pushed the door open as Daesung barely finished turning the key. She dropped the jacket she once wore onto the floor and walked immediately into her temporary room. She closed the door without a care, leaving the door unclosed. 

She sunk down onto the bed, grabbing the covers and pulling them over her head. 

"I'm over him. I'm over him. I'm ing over him." She mumbled to herself. 
 

I can't let these feelings come back. They disappeared the moment he left me … right? 

I'm not supposed to care about him. 

I'm not supposed to feel anything towards him. 

I'm not supposed feel the need to run into his arms and shower him with endless kisses. I'm not. 

 

"Jung Byunghee I hate you for doing this to me." She said before letting out a loud sob. 

Daesung stood behind the half-closed door, hearing her last sentence. Hearing her sound this helpless caused something inside him to feel anguished. 


I'm not supposed to feel this way. 

 

He opened his mouth to say something but he stopped himself. She needed to be alone. 

-- 

Irina woke up wondering where she was. She sat up from the bed, her hair disheveled and the left strap of her dress off her shoulder. 

She touched her face, feeling the tears that dried up from last night. She got up from bed and walked out towards the kitchen for a glass of water. 

Once she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, Daesung emerged from his room, wearing nothing but dark grey sweatpants. 

"Morning." He muttered before yawning. 

"Morning." She replied back, averting her gaze away from Daesung's shirtless body. 

He noticed her tear-stained cheeks, he swiftly walked towards her and cupped her face with his hands. 

Irina stood frozen in her spot, surprised at Daesung's sudden action. Daesung tried rubbing the tears off with his thumb, though it didn't work. 

He walked to the kitchen faucet and wetted his hands and tore a piece of paper towel from the roll and walked back to where Irina stood. He then rubbed the dried tears off of her face with his dampened fingers, wiping it completely off with the paper towel softly. 

Daesung was too engrossed with what he was doing, he didn't realize the way Irina stared at him. 

Her heart was flustered by the kind action but at the same time, confused to why he was acting like this towards her. 

Once he had finished, he caressed her face with his thumb once more, smiling at her affectionately. 

"There." 

Her heart skipped a beat. 


No.

 

Irina took a step back, pushing his hands away but he grabbed her wrists, pulling her close to him. 

"W-what are you doing?" Irina stuttered. 

Daesung looked back at her with the same confused expression. 


What am I doing?

 

"I-I don't know … But this feels right." He let go one of her wrists and wrapped the other arm onto her waist, pulling her closer to him. Irina stood there wide-eyed, unable to move. 

He leaned his face towards hers. 

Their lips touched. 

Her body relaxed in his hold, she slowly closed her eyes. He then let go of her other wrist, placing that hand on her hip, firmly grasping onto it. Her arms s onto his neck, pulling him close, deepening the kiss. 

 

I'm kissing him, no, this isn't supposed to be happening. I'm supposed to push him away and kick his but … No, I can't push him away. The more I try to, the more I want to pull him closer. No, I can't feel this way. Not with the enemy, not with him, not when my heart still hurts. 

 

Before tears could escape her eyes, Irina pushed Daesung away. She covered with her hands. 

"I …" She started to run to her room. 

"No, don't go." She stopped in her tracks as she let the tears fall. 

"Console to me." 

She bit down on her lip. 

"I know we exchanged harsh words last night but I don't want you to keep these feelings in. Confide in me." 

"I-I just can't. I'm sorry." She ran to her room, closing the door shut. 

Daesung sat down on the wooden dining room chair and slammed his fist onto the table. He touched his lips, remembering how hers felt on his. 

"What am I doing?" He whispered to himself. 

-- 

Irina sat on her bed with the covers wrapped around her body. 

 

What do I do now? I … I still love Byunghee but what about these feelings for Daesung? 

 

She groaned in frustration and covered herself with the blanket.