Chapter Twenty-Nine

Without You

{Irina POV} 

"Find her, dead or alive, ing find her." Taehyun growled at his people. 

I hid inside a ditch under a tree. Thankfully it was still pretty dark so I was concealed well. 

I tied yet another ripped piece of my shirt onto my injured leg to stall the bleeding. I took a deep breath and sighed quietly. I held onto the knifeblade tightly. 

I had no clue how to get out of this. I still don't know where I am and I don't know what time it was either. Thankfully the darkness seemed to lessen, or it was my eyes playing with me to make myself feel better. 

Will Seunghyun and Daesung find me? 

Suddenly, I heard footsteps near me. I froze in place and held my breath. I hope its not them, please don't let it be them. 

"Found you." Taehyun grinned, pulling me up by my neck. 

He pushed me down on the ground, causing me to get a few more scratches. 

"No kidding, your kicks do hurt." He chuckled bitterly, spitting out blood. 

His people grabbed me by the arms and tied my hands behind my back. 

"This little excercise is over. The real game begins." He patted my cut cheek. 

-- 

I woke up inside a white room. I felt my wrists were bound by chains. I also saw that my left calf was bandaged and so was my right arm. I looked around and it was nothing but a white room. There wasn't even a doorframe or anything, just a horrifyingly white room. 

Suddenly, a part of the wall opened and a tall boy with a tray of food entered. He approached me and placed the food in front of me. 

"Who are you?" I asked him. 

"You should eat. You've been asleep for a week already." 

A WEEK?

"Bull. You're lying to me." 

The boy's eyes grew wide and shook his head vigorously. 

"N-no! I don't lie I swear! You've been asleep for a long time." He looked as if he were about to burst into tears. I almost felt sorry for him. Then I remembered my state. 

"Y-you should e-eat no-ow. I'll b-b-b-be bac-ck l-l-lat-t-ter to get the tr-tray." He stuttered and left the room. 

I grabbed the tray and placed it on my lap. It was a bowl of soup, a piece of bread and a bottle of water. Next to the bowl was a plastic spoon. I picked it up and started to eat the soup. It was bland and had bits of chicken and carrots. I ripped a piece of the bread and dunked it into the soup. In five minutes, I finished my meal and placed the tray back down onto the ground. 

I pushed my back on the wall, staring at the opposite wall. 

Has it been a week? Why hasn't Seunghyun found me yet? Where am I? What is Taehyun planning to do to me? Why did he heal my wounds if he was going to kill me anyways? 

The boy entered the room once again and took the tray from the floor without a word. I watched him walk into the hole and he closed the door back. I stared at that space for a moment and noticed that there were no lines of the door at all. 

I felt my mind grow mad already. 

I slumped down onto the wall and felt my eyes close. 

-- 

I woke up feeling a poke on my cheek. Only then did I notice that the cut on my cheek healed, revealing that it had been more than a few days had passed. 

"Your food is ready." The kid said, pointing to the tray. 

"T-thanks." 

He turned to leave. 

"Wait." 

He looked back at me. 

"W-what time is it?" 

"It's 9:15 pm." He replied simply and turned back around, walking into the hole in the wall and closing it back. 

It scared me how white the room still was, even if it was nighttime. 

I grabbed the tray and placed it on my lap like last time. The menu changed; it was now mashed potatoes, a bowl of corn and a bottle of water. 

I finished the food in record time and laid down on the floor, in a fetal position. 

Was this Taehyun's way of torturing me? It hasn't been a day since I woke up and I already feel like I've been here for months. I hadn't realize how weak my mind really was until now. Did he know this?