Eins (1)

Some Things Never Change

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, birds were chirping. He stirred awake as he was always an early bird. He always woke up around 7 am in the morning, just like today. He stared at his bedside digital clock, red blaring lights formed the number 06:57. It put a smile on his face. He drew the curtains as he observed the outside world from his window, shops were starting to open and cars started to fill the roads, as office hour drew near.

He was fortunate enough to get this beautiful view from his apartment. Although, he did have to quarrel with his father just so that he could live in this apartment by himself, since his father wanted to build him a mansion, with tons of servants inside, but he refused. He wished to live independently by himself.

After he was done observing, he went to the bathroom to take a shower. After that, he went to prepare his breakfast, just some simple bacon and eggs. He ate in peace in the living room as he the TV. The news anchor was reporting about him. Blood quickly rushed to his face. He cringed as he saw his own face on TV. He wondered how many more people saw this news. He quickly changed the channel, when he couldn't take the embarrassment any longer.

After eating, he quickly washed the dishes. He was still on holiday so, he was pretty much free. He quickly thought of someone, now that he was back in Seoul. He changed into a shirt and long pants. He made his way to the elevator. He pressed the basement level. He waited patiently as the elevator descended. He walked to the place where he parked his car, got in it and drove to one of the best hospitals in Seoul. After he arrived, he quickly went to the receptionist.

"Excuse me, do you know Surgeon Minatozaki?" he politely asked.

The receptionist just stared at him, frozen in place. He tilted his head. He began inspecting himself when the receptionist continued her silence. After checking that everything was in order, he waved his hand in front of the receptionist's face. The receptionist was quickly woken out of her trance. Pinkish blush appeared on her face.

"A-ah, excuse me, can you repeat it, sir?" she stammered.

He beamed his signature dimpled smile and chuckled and the poor, young lady felt like she could faint in that instant.

"I said, do you know Surgeon Minatozaki?" he asked.

"A-ah, yes, let me check her schedule!" she said, quickly looking at her computer screen.

"Ah, no, I just want to visit her!" How can I find her?" He asked.









 

After receiving instruction on how to find Sana. He quickly went there. Why he didn't have Sana's contact or knew about her whereabout, you ask. Well, his father was scared that Sana would take Chaeyoung away from him, so they cut all contact with her. Thankfully, Chaeyoung remembered the hospital Sana worked in plus her position, otherwise he wouldn't be able to see Sana anymore.

He finally found Sana's office. He peeked through the window to see if she was free. Fortunate for him, she was indeed free. He quickly knocked on the door, then got in. Sana still didn't glance at him, she seemed busy with some reports on the table.

"Just quickly tell me what you need then leave! I'm really busy!" She nonchalantly said.

He was taken aback by the tone. The Sana noona he remembered had always been warm. He never saw this side of Sana before, it kind of made him want to sulk in the corner at this cold attitude, but chose instead to approach her. He cleared his throat.

"Sana noona!" He greeted cheerfully.

Sana was about to snap at whoever dared to call her so casually, before she came across a young man standing in front of him. He was smiling charmingly with visible dimples on his face. The dimples reminded her of a certain lad, but she quickly shook the thought. That boy couldn't speak. However, who else would refer to her as 'Sana noona' other than that boy?

"C-chaeyoung?" She hesitatingly called out.

"Yes! Haha! I can't believe it took you awhile to recognize me!" He chortled.

Sana quickly stood up. Mixed feelings came to her as she stared at the young man in front of her. She missed the boy terribly, but was glad that the boy was healthy and grew well. The boy now was way taller than her. Felt like it was just yesterday, she was carrying him around. Time really flew by.

"Oh, Chaeyoung, I, uhm, you-" she wanted to say something but was quickly interrupted by a hug. She reciprocated the hug. She hugged the boy tightly as she hadn't been able to do so in years. Tears welled up in her eyes, but she held it in.









 

Long story short, Sana decided to take the rest of the day off and they went to a restaurant. They quickly found a table. The waiter took their order and then left.

"Oh, Chaeng, you grew up well and you can speak too now!" Sana said in amazement.

He smiled and chuckled.

"Your mother must be proud of you!" She breathed.

His smile faded. He sighed.

"I wish she was here to witness my growth!" He lamented.

She held his hand.

"Me too!" Sana huffed.

Sana then let out a chortle.

"What?" Chaeyoung asked in confusion.

However, Sana just continued chuckling non-stop.

"What?" Chaeyoung asked in irritation.

"I'm kind of not used to seeing you without your notebook and pen hahahaha!" She replied.

He felt offended at first but joined her laugh in the end. He'd certainly come a long way, from not being able to speak to being able to speak comfortably. They then spent their afternoon catching up with each other.

"So, tell me, noona, are you married now?" Chaeyoung asked.

"No, Chaeng. I just want to focus on my own career. Besides, I'm perfectly fine on my own. Women have to be independent and strong, you know!" Sana chirped.

He chuckled.

"I see." He muttered.

"What about you? Do you have a girlfriend? With that face, I expect you do." Sana inquired.

Chaeyoung just formed a tigh-lipped smile and shook his head.

"Although, I do meet my childhood crush again!" Chaeyoung boasted.

"Ah? Really? So, do you still love her?" Sana asked enthusiastically.

He smiled wider.

"Well, she's gotten prettier, that's for sure!" He beamed.

Then his smiled faded.

"But, she might be taken." He dejectedly said.

"You don't know that! She might be single!" She chirped.

"I hope so!" He breathed.