Vierzehn (14)

Some Things Never Change

Chaeyoung arrived home first, he quickly went to the bathroom in his temporary room to take a bath. Not long after, Mina also arrived home. She dropped her stuffs in her room before heading to Chaeyoung's room. She slided the door open and saw Chaeyoung only in his towel covering his bottom half. Mina screamed her lungs out and quickly slided the door shut. Chaeyoung cursed. This is why he wanted a room with a lock, to have a sense of privacy.

"Chaengie, are you done putting on your clothes?" Mina shouted.

He sighed.

"One second!" He replied.

He grabbed some T-shirt and shorts and wore it.

"Done!" He yelled.

Mina quickly slided the door open and laid on his bed.

"Chaengie!" She chirped.

"What?" He asked, sitting at his desk.

"How's your first day? Do you like it in your new Uni?" Mina asked.

"It's alright! I met Tzuyu and Jeongyeon Hyung today." He answered.

Mina quickly sat up.

"Are you alright?" She asked, concerned.

"I'm fine, it's all in the past anyway. I'm sure they have changed now." Chaeyoung retorted.

Mina heaved a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you're fine." Mina breathed.

"Yeah, so basically Momo and Nayeon Unnie are also in my Uni. They're both in third year. Momo Unnie takes dance major like me and Nayeon Unnie takes vocal. Do you still remember them? We almost ate together, remember?" Mina asked.

"I don't really have any recollection." Chaeyoung replied.

"You'll get to know them soon. They are my best friends!" Mina explained.

"Of course, you're my best friend too." She beamed.

Chaeyoung blushed.

"By the way, I met another guy today. Chaeyoung, you wouldn't believe how amazing he was. His movements were so graceful." Mina bubbled.

Mina went on and on and on about Jimin.

'The way she talks about him.....' He thought.

The way her eyes lit up while talking about Jimin. It felt like she didn't even notice that Chaeyoung was also there. It felt like she was in her own world. It felt like deja vu. Different guy, same scenario. Could it be that the same thing was happening again?

Chaeyoung sighed. No, he had to think positive. Maybe, Mina was just excited to meet someone that was really great at dancing. Maybe, Mina was just simply admiring this person because of his dancing. He should be supportive of her as a friend. Especially, when he knew, how much Mina loved dancing.

"I'm glad you met someone like him, Mina." Chaeyoung commented.

"I know right! I'm so lucky!" She shrilled.

"He's close with Momo Unnie! Maybe Momo Unnie can introduce me to him! I'm looking forward to learn more about ballet from him!" Mina added.

'Yeah, definitely just happy to meet someone that's great at dancing.' Chaeyoung convinced himself.

'Stop overthinking, Chaeng.' He chanted in his head.









 

The next day, Chaeyoung woke up around 7 am since he didn't need to take Mina to her University. He went to take a bath and then went to eat breakfast. He saw that Mina wasn't there yet. He sighed. He knocked on Mina's room's door.

"Mina!" He called out.

He kept calling her and knocking but noone was answering. He reluctantly slided the door open and was shocked to discover that the room was empty. He checked the bathroom. The bathroom was empty too. Where could she be?

He asked one of the workers about Mina and they answered that Mina already went to her Uni. He furrowed his eyebrows. Mina was practically grumbling when he asked one of the maids to wake her up early yesterday, yet today she did it willingly.

'Should I be worried?' He pondered.










 

Meanwhile, as soon as Mina arrived at her Uni, she quickly headed to the studio where she saw Jimin dancing on the first day and her prediction was right. Jimin was dancing in the empty studio. She just watched him in amazement. Jimin was moving gracefully to the music. Although, she couldn't really listen to the music since the studio was soundproof. Still, she could feel the soul of the little 'performance'.

'If only I could be as good as him.' She thought.










 

The next days were the same. Mina kept on coming to the Uni early in the morning. Somehow, Chaeyoung felt uneasy, but didn't dare to ask Mina about it. He didn't want to come across as nosy.

And Jimin finally discovered that someone had been watching him from the window for awhile and was determined to catch the person, just making sure that person wasn't suspicious. Mina, who realized,  she'd been caught quickly ran, but unlucky her, she tripped and Jimin caught her.

"Hey, are you alright?" Jimin asked her, not recognizing that it's Mina since her face was covered by her long hair. He stretched his hand out for Mina to hold and Mina held his hand to stand up.

'It's soft.' She blushed. 'How could a guy's hand be this soft?'

When Mina got up and her face wasn't covered with her hair anymore, Jimin finally recognized her.

"You're Mina, right? Momo's friend?" Jimin asked.

"Uhm, yeah." Mina shyly answered.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked.

"Uhm, I, I, uhm." Mina stuttered.

"You know what, let's head inside the studio first. There's an aircon inside." Jimin remarked.

Mina cursed herself. She just wanted to see him dancing in secret, but she eventually got caught in the end. They sat at the studio floor.

"So, what are you doing here early in the morning?" Jimin questioned.

'Ugh, what should I answer now? There's no way, I'm saying that I'm here to watch him.' She cursed internally, avoiding eye contact and playing with her hair because of nervousness.

"I-I I mean, I could say the same for you." She stuttered.

"Ah, I come early to practice alone, because I know early in the morning the studio would be empty, so I could use the studio all to myself." Jimin beamed.

"Oh yeah, you're dance major too, right?" Jimin asked.

"You should show me some moves! I wanna see how good the freshmen are at dancing to choose dance major." Jimin challenged.

Mina looked down.

"I'm probably very bad compared to you." Mina muttered.

"Don't say that! Show me some moves! Come on!"

Mina then began dancing, just like how she danced in front of Chaeyoung. Same song, same moves. It was her favorite piece after all. Jimin, who was watching Mina, smiled in satisfaction. Mina was indeed good, a worthy opponent, or she could be his dance partner. Rarely do people dance ballet these days, most people are into modern dance or hip-hop style. He clapped when Mina finished dancing. Mina bowed shyly.

"That's amazing, Mina!" Jimin shrilled.

"You know what, we should become partners!" Jimin added.

"P-partners?" Mina stuttered, she unconsciously held her breath.

"Yeah, dance partners, of course." Jimin clarified.

Mina exhaled. She thought something else. However, this was good, too. This was her chance to improve herself.

"Ok." She breathed.