Chapter 51

The move on process

It's been 4 hours, but the operation is still going. Inside the open everything is going.......... Lets just say not so good or not so bad. Chaeyoung is losing a lot of blood and it is scaring jeongyeon the most. She doesn’t know how to stop. She is feeling useless and pathetic right now. The heart set up is done but the heart isn’t responsing like it should. Jeongyeon felt like crying.

She can't stand in front of nayeon if she couldn’t save chaeyoung.

'I am so.....useless. '

"Maam th-the heart i-isn't re-responding." kyungsoo said 
"What?! " jeongyeon said. She is cursing right now.
"What about the blood pressure? " jeongyeon asked.
"I-its low maam. Too low. " kyungsoo said.

Sweats were forming in jeongyeons forehead. She was in panic.
'If i fail it how am i supposed to stand infront of nayeon and others. Mina is sure going to hate me. I also don’t want chaeyoung to die. She deserves to live.'  jeongyeon said in her mind.

Tears were forming in her eyes.
"!" jeongyeon said.

Then jeongyeon started to remember nayeons face. Nayeon is her only strength.  She closed her eyes and started to think about Nayeons smile. In a miracle way it started to give her patients and energy. Her mind is now calm. Now she knows exactly what she have to do.
"Use the mechanical pump kyungsoo. Hurry. " jeongyeon said in a calm way. Kyungsoo nodded.

"Is the heart responding? " jeongyeon said.
"Still the same maam." kyungsoo said.
"Kyungsoo don't panic. Just do it how you know. " -jeongyeon

Kyungsoo took a big breath. Then started to do what he was doing again.
"Nurse joy i want you to increase the bypass machine for a bit time."- jeongyeon.
" yes maam." joy nodded. Then she started to increase the bypass machine and the blood pressure got back to normal.
"Nurse hoseok i want you to bring blood from the blood bank. We are gonna need it after a while." -jeongyeon
"Ok maam"- hoseok.

After a while, everything started to go back into it’s own place.  The heart started to responding like it should. Jeongyeon then told joy to slowly decrease the bypass machine . Joy did what she said.

'I-i did it! Yes! Thanks god!' jeongyeon cheered in her mind.
" maam everything is normal now. I think we should stitch. " kyungsoo said.
"Yes, bring the fresh equipments. " jeongyeon said. A small smile was forming behind her mask.

'Saving someones life indeed brings peace in both your mind and heart. I did a great job to choose this as my occupation. ' jeongyeon thought while smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Its been 5 hours 30 minutes.  What was happening inside no one knew from the outside.  Outside everyone was still worried. Mina was still looking nowhere. Dahyun and momo were still on the same position. Except momo became a little bit bold and would kiss dahyuns forehead now and then. Sana and tzuyu were stealing glances from each other. Jihyo, nayeon were standing with tzuyu and mrs. Son was sitting. It was filled with silence.

Inside the operation theatre, the operation is now successful.
"Everyone you did a great job. Specially you kyungsoo. " jeongyeon said and smiled. Kyungsoo became happy and showed a genuine smile and did a little bow.

Jeongyeon then put off her gloves and gave a small pat to kyungsoos shoulder while going outside of the operation theatre. Outside she saw everyone. When she went near them mina came running fast to her, mina was faster than mrs.son.

mrs.son was surprised but eventually became happy to know that chaeyoung has someone who cares about her other than her own mother.
"How di-d it w-went jeongyeon? She is f-fine right? Noth- " - mina asked worriedly but got cutted off by jeongyeon.
"Mina cool down,  chaeyoung is fine. No need to worries. We will be shifting her to the ward. She will wake up in 24 hours. " jeongyeon said.

Mina felt really releaved. Everyone became very happy.  All of their prayers pay off. Jeongyeon was about to leave the hallway but nayeon hugged her very tightly.

"Thank you.......thank you very much for saving her jeongie." nayeon said tearing up. Jeongyeon hugged her back for a while. Then she moved a bit and cupped nayeons face,  she looked straightly into nayeons eyes.
"Anything for you nayeonie." jeongyeon said lovingly. Nayeon blushed .

"(Fake cough)..... You lovebirds  done talking. " jihyo said with a teasing grin. Both nayeon and jeongyeon are now blushing mess.  Jeongyeon let go off nayeon.

Everyone smiled. Jihyo then looked at dahyun.  She gave her a motherly smile.
"Dahyun i think you should go home now. It was a hard day for you. You should go and rest." -jihyo.
Dahyun nodded. Dahyun is now looked hesitant .
"Is there something you wanna say?" - jihyo.
"Yes, i - i me-mean no. Ac-actually yes." dahyun said fidgeting her fingers.
"Ca-can i ta-take momo with me?" dahyun asked a bit hesitant. Everyone except from sana, mina, jeongyeon was shocked. Cause they thought dahyun is sanas girlfriend and she would ask sana to go with her. But instead she asked for Momo.

"Oh....I thought.... nevermind...I - I mean i-if it's ok for Momo then who are we to stop ." Jihyo said smiling but she was still confused. Dahyun looked at Momo and asked, "will you?''
Momo was shocked too. But still managed to nod.

"Ok....then guys we will go now." Dahyun said standing up . She and momo were still holding hands. Momo stood up and they started for home. At that time nurse joy and hoseok with kyungsoo were moving chaeyoung to the general ward. Everyone's eyes went to chaeyoung.

Jeongyeon was about to go with them but her phone was buzzing. She picked up the phone. It was her sister seungyeon.
"Hello unnie."- jeongyeon
"Kyungwan-ah listen to me wherever you are don't go home tonight. Me , seoyeon and our cousins we also didn't went home. We are at my penthouse so come here instead ok?" - seungyeon said in a command manner
"Ok understood."- jeongyeon.
"Good. I am ending the call bye." - seungyeon.
"Bye"- jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon then went to the others.
"Guys I have to go now. But don't worry I will come to visit here chaeyoung. Take care of her , ok? " Jeongyeon said. Everyone nodded.
"Take care nayeonie."- jeongyeon.
"You too jeongie." - nayeon.

Jeongyeon then left. Jeongyeon went to her sisters penthouse. There she saw all of her cousins.
"Look the girl who runaway from her marriage with her supposed to be partner is here." Jimin said mocking.
"Aish hyung I think you should stop for today. Nona had a hard day today." Jeongin said. That's why jeongin is Jeongyeons favorite cousin.
"Not going to lie but jeongyeon Nona sure has some guts to run away from her marriage." Bang Chan said.

"I Know right?" - Jungkook said.
Seungyeon then came and told them to have dinner. All of them agreed.
After dinner all of them were sitting on the garden. The night sky was beautiful and there was a bit lighting on the yard.

"Can you guys tell me why all of you guys here? Like not to offend but I thought you guys wouldn't come to my marriage." Jeongyeon said.
"Oh actually seungyeon Nona called me and said to rescue you from marriage cause you weren't happy." Jeongin said and gave a fox smile to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon smiled at him too.
"Seungyeon Nona told me that you will buy me a whole stock of banana milk if I do what she says." Jungkook said and smirked.
"So you are here for banana milk?!" Jeongyeon exclaimed shockingly.
"Of course." Jungkook said.
"I am also here for free treat anywhere I want." Bang Chan said smirk.
"Oh my god! I am gonna kill unnie." Jeongyeon said.
"Also I helped you cause seungyeon Nona came to me and said 'wanna ruin Jeongyeons marriage?' I said 'why not?' I mean it's a lifetime opportunity. Uncle will now hate you for sure. HAHAHA." Jimin said.
Jeongyeon is facepalming because of all of this reasons.

"Oh and I also don't want to date that annoying Bunny. I mean she is so annoying. I would rather die than dating her. " Jimin said rolling his eyes.
"By the way you will treat us right? Cause we helped you , you know."
Jeongyeon then sighed. It's true that without them maybe her and mina would be now in a relationship that they don't want. She then smiled at them and said,

"Ok fine."

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next day:

Today was Dahyuns dad's funeral. Everyone went there to pay respect to him. Momo was all the time with Dahyun. Not leaving Dahyuns side. Dahyun looked better than yesterday. Momo was also happy to be with Dahyun. Surprisingly dahyun requested Momo to live with her for few more days. Momo was at that time screaming inside her head. She was on the top of the world. That's what she felt. Momo agreed to Dahyuns proposal.

On the other side , inside chaeyoungs room mina was holding chaeyoungs hands. Sitting beside her bed. Chaeyoung hasn't woken up. Mrs.son was there too. She was sitting on the couch. Tzuyu and jihyo were standing. Nayeon was also sitting with Mrs son.

Mina then suddenly felt chaeyoungs hands moved. Chaeyoung was opening her eyes slowly. She looked at chaeyoung with widen eyes.
"Jihyo unnie pls call the doctor! Chaeyoung is waking up." Mina said. Jihyo nodded and went to call the doctor.

Chaeyoung who opened her eyes was staring at mina lovingly.

"I didn't die and I am not in a heaven right?" Chaeyoung said.
"Yah! What are you saying?!" Mina said with a mad tone. She had a bit tears in her eyes. The tears of joy and happiness to finally able to hold the one you love.

"What I am saying is you are an angel right? Cause it's impossible for a human to be this perfect." Chaeyoung said still looking at mina lovingly.
Mina is now blushing.

"Stop flirting cub." Mina said pouting.
"I am not flirting. I am saying what's truth." Chaeyoung said. Mina looked down still blushing.
"I missed you penguin."
"I missed you too cub."