#IZONETheReasonWeExist (JinJoo)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Homerun! The Ace of Flying Pearl hit the fastball without hesitation! Ahn Yujin once again manages to bring her team towards the top!”

Words of the commentator sound faint in the girl with a lean yet robust built as she sprinted around the base with a breeze alongside her teammates. Roaring cheering from the spectators didn’t faze her at all and Yujin just bowed at the fans who are supporting her throughout the game.

“Ahn Yujin marry me!”

“Get in line, coward!”

“Yujin-ah! Let’s go and eat lots of tteokbokki together!”

Waving her hands towards the wilding fans, Yujin tried carving a polite smile to show that she appreciated every bit of deafening screams which seem to enjoy the game. Her teammates formed a circle around her while tossing her in the air as they manage to secure another flawless win for this season.

“Come on, team. This is a win for all of us. We win this together.”

Yujin muttered as she tried combing her tousled hair after being raffled by her teammates which often shower her with endless praises. She knew that the win she able to procure for this game due to her teammate’s enormous effort too. However, they didn’t seem to hear her words as they unanimously exclaimed, “It’s thanks to Yujin that we able to win again and again! Indeed, the Ace of Flying Pearl!”

Before, Yujin will be elated whenever people are singing an anthem of praising her. She used to be happy and contemptuous in having money through playing baseball as well as her freedom to act as she likes. However, those feels faded away as she spends a longer time in the professional league. Sure, she makes more money the more game she wins. She should be happy but why nowadays she felt empty instead?

Scratching her head while sighing heavily, Yujin changed into her casual clothes after properly clean her sweaty self. A vibration can be felt in her pocket, making Yujin hastily digging her wide palm inside her jeans and find an unknown number is calling her. Frowning hard at the screen, Yujin decided to answer the call with a cautious voice, “Hello? Who is this?”

“Miss Ahn Yujin? I am your new psychiatrist, Kim Minjoo. I’m calling you to remind you about tomorrow’s appointment.”

“Ah yes, thank you for reminding me. Sure, I’ll head to the hospital tomorrow, Dr. Kim.”

A low hum can be heard from the end of the line before Yujin dropped the call. Burying her fingers inside her ripped jeans while staring at the sky, Yujin just exhaled sharply before heading home and ending the day as soon as she could.

***

“Pup! Wake up! You said that you have an appointment today!”

A loud, raspy voice breaks the deafening silence in the penthouse owned by Yujin. Grumbling while asking an additional 5 minutes from the uninvited guest, Yujin put her blue pillow on top of her head to shield those noises from disturbing her slumber. Her effort however is in vain as an external force is pulling the pillow away from Yujin’s head while jumping on the bed with a rowdy chirping.

“Wake up! Wake up! Don’t be a potato now, Yujinnie!”

“Yena unnie! Stop it, just 5 more minutes and I’ll be up.”

“You said that 6 times already! Wake up now or your psychiatrist will run away again, Yujin! Just how many doctors you plan to break their heart out there, hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter