006

Untitled

A/n: This is the second part of my double update! :>

 

 

 

 

“Finally, she arrives.”

Minah smiled as her two cousins stood up.

“Sorry for being late, oppa. I had an urgent meeting.” She said apologetically as she gave him a hug.

“Noona, you should be taking it easy, your wedding is in a couple of weeks.” The younger one, Changkyun said.

“But there’s still a lot of work that’s need to be done.” She mused before giving him a hug.

“I suggest you take break.” The older male spoke, Minah sat down and shook her head.

“Even if I want to, I can’t, Yoo Kihyun-ssi.” She said to him, Kihyun rolled his eyes at her and called for the waiter.

“I had a twin.”

“You have a twin. Not had.” Changkyun mused, Minah shrugged.

“Potato. Potahto.” She shot back, Kihyun threw the younger male a look.

“It’s just…It would be better if she just…replied to my texts, you know. I can’t run father’s company forever. On my own.” Minah murmured, Kihyun patted her hand and he proceeded to order for them.

“Is Sehun coming?” Kihyun asked, Minah nodded back.

“He’s already on his way. He had to be at the airport, they opened another private lounge there.” Minah replied as she picked up her wine..

“Still no word from Miyoung noona?”

“Yeah, I sent her an invitation. But she didn’t even call back, twins are useless.”

Kihyun grew amused, Minah may complain about Miyoung’s being MIA a lot, but they knew she missed her. Life without the spontaneous Miyoung was boring.

“She’ll come home, noona. It’s your wedding.” Changkyun said to her, Minah shrugged again.

“Don’t worry about it, Miyoung may be stubborn, but she’ll be home. I’m betting on it.” Kihyun said to her, Minah was about to speak when she saw Sehun walk in the restaurant. He had a small smile on his face as he looked at his phone.

“Hi, sorry for being late.” Sehun said, he kissed the side of Minah’s head before taking a seat.

“You seem happy.” She said to him.

“I finally got you the perfect gift.”

“What? An airplane?” Kihyun jokingly said as their food was being served.

“Actually, hyung, that would be easier.” Sehun blinked back, Changkyun laughed.

“What is it?” Minah asked him, but Sehun only smiled.

“It’s a surprise.”

 

 

 

Miyoung puffed her cheeks as she loaded her bags into the cart, she fixed the black Burberry long coat before moving forward. She was chewing on her lower lip as she pushed through the doors. The girl flinched as the icy winter air hit her, that or she was just nervous.

New York had harsher winters, but Seoul always hit different.

“Mrs. Chae,” A tall male in a black suit approached her, he politely took the cart from her.

“The president has sent for me, the car is this way.”

Miyoung nodded back at him, she took out her phone and started to call her husband. She saw a black Range Rover waiting across them.

“Hey,” Hyungwon answered after a couple of rings, he sounded groggy.

“Did I wake you?”

“What time is it there?” He let out a deep chuckle, Miyoung smiled.

“I just landed and I’m about to get in the car.” She informed him, he hummed back.

“That’s good, I had the penthouse prepared.”

“You have a penthouse?” She blinked at him, as the male opened the car’s door for her and she got in, he then proceeded to load her bags into the trunk.

“I do, you’ll love it. I also have some people fix up the place, Eunyoung’s room should be done by now.”

Miyoung leaned back against the seat and smiled, the car started to move forward.

“How are you feeling?” Hyungwon asked her, her forehead creased.

“I can feel the jetlag coming. You should go back to sleep.”

“I already prepared for our flight, we’ll be there in a week or so. Till then, if you need anything, I have a person there to help you out.”

“You act as if I didn’t grow up here, Chae Hyungwon.” She playfully said, she caught the driver smiling from behind the wheel.

“I know, but I also know that how uncomfortable you are right now. And I feel bad for not being able to fly out with you.” He explained softly, Miyoung nodded and cleared .

“Don’t. Maybe I’ll roam around if I can’t sleep. Do you have a car I can borrow?”

“Borrow?” He chortled, Miyoung chuckled.

“What’s mine is yours.” He cooed, Miyoung grunted and ended the call.

 

 

 

“This is exciting, finally, Minah and Sehun.”

Shownu nodded as he gently stepped onto the breaks, his eyes went to the Lee-Hwang household, he his lips. He saw Jooheon’s car parked by the garage, next to it was Sehun’s Audi.

“Let’s go inside and say hi.” She said, Shownu nodded and watched as the girl walked towards the front door, Jooheon greeted her with a warm smile. Shownu exhaled, he slid down from the car and made his way around the curb with familiarity.

He’d been to the house many times already. To see her.

“Hyung!” Jooheon waved him over, he smiled back at him and jogged to the doors.

“It’s been a while, how’s work?” Shownu asked as he walked into the home, he saw Minah standing by the kitchen, checking on the food.

“Sera’s in the living room with Sehun and Changkyun.” Jooheon told him as they walked across the foyer.

“And work has been okay for me, takes most of my time, but, I already got used to it.” Jooheon shrugged, they reached the living room.

“You two arrived together, does this mean things are finally official now?” Changkyun said teasingly as Shownu walked into the room, Sera smiled.

“Right, people are talking about it too, do we finally get to hear wedding bells, Yoo Sera?” Kihyun walked in with a drink in hand, Jooheon paused, he took a quick glance at the older male before plopping down on the couch.

“It’s not like that, oppa.” Sera ruefully said, Minah walked in the room and greeted the newcomers.

“Sera, sunbae.” She said, Shownu reached out to give her a hug.

“So, this is like our last dinner before I send off my protégé.” He said, Minah chuckled and slapped him away.

“We both know I didn’t continue swimming in college, not exactly your protégé.”

“We both quit.” Shownu joked back, Minah took Sera’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Thanks for coming, I think best wishes is something I will be saying to you soon, or were the rumors wrong?” She whispered to her, Sera smiled and shook her head.

“I..don’t really know, Minah-ya, but let’s talk about you.” The girl replied, Minah chuckled, her eyes went to Shownu briefly, he was standing outside with a drink in hand.

Her forehead creased, he must not feel comfortable being in their home. There were too many memories here. Memories of Miyoung.

But he seems happy with Sera now, and that’s all what Minah hoped for him. He was one of her most trusted friends, kind of like who Sehun is to her sister. It may be awkward sometimes, but she was okay with him and Sera.

Although, he’s never mentioned anything about his relationship with Sera to her, he seemed okay.

“I’m just glad sunbae has you, Sera.”

 

 

 

Miyoung took a sip from her coffee as she stepped on the gas, she couldn’t sleep and she didn’t like staying at the penthouse either. The coffee is probably a bad idea too, she felt on edge and jumpy.

She glanced at the backseat of the Audi, she made a lot of impulse purchases for herself, and a tons of winter clothes for Eunyoung. She continued driving around until she arrived at a familiar place.

Her old neighborhood.

She drummed her fingers on the wheel as she reached a street that she was very familiar with. She halted right across a pair of wrought iron gates, her eyes went to the red brick walls that had vines tastefully growing around it.

“Home.” She whispered as she put the car on park, she leaned back on her seat and looked at the house. All the lights were on, even the garden lights were set up. She titled her head.

“They must be having a party.” Miyoung said to herself, her lips curled up. And then the front doors opened, Miyoung could not help but chuckle as she saw Jooheon, he had this huge dimpled grin as he hopped down the steps. He was chatting with Sehun as they walked towards the garage. Soon Minah followed with Kihyun, it looked like they were all going out.

Miyoung was about to shift gears when a familiar male stepped out from the doors, she felt her stomach tighten as she saw him.

He was speaking with Changkyun as they followed the group, he shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair as the younger male continued talking.

He still looked the same, maybe he got leaner and wider. But, he was still so him.

Miyoung’s lips quivered, she put the car on drive but she accidentally hit the horn. The Audi honked once, she froze.

The two males stopped walking and they were both staring at the car. Miyoung started to panic, her cousin looked confused and he moved towards the gates.

Miyoung’s eyes went to Shownu, she flinched, realizing that he was also staring at her, no, the car. She was certain they couldn’t see her through the tinted windshield.

She closed her eyes and turned her face away.

She was stupid for even driving up their old home, she took one quick glance at the gates before finally speeding away from the property.

“Son Hyunwoo.” She breathed as she stepped on the gas, her fingers curled around the steering wheel tightly and she let out a shaky breath.

“Coming home was a bad idea.” Miyoung stated as she reached the main road again and turned the music louder.

“This wedding better come fast.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++