032

Untitled

20XX

 

 

Jooheon strolled into the living room and found his sisters lounging on the couch.

“You don’t have class today?” He spoke as he put his backpack down, Minah looked up from the TV and nodded at him.

“I don’t have to be at school till lunchtime. You?”

“She doesn’t have to be at school because she’s been exempted from exams.” Miyoung chuckled as she picked up the remote control, Jooheon chuckled and plopped down on one of the sofas.

“I was supposed to meet up with Sehun this afternoon, but he had to cancel. Something about having to go out with his parents, did he tell you why?” Miyoung asked her sister, Minah shook her head.

“No, he did mention that he had a thing to do today, we’re meeting up for lunch.”

Miyoung nodded back at the older girl, Jooheon yawned and leaned back on the seat.

“Honey,” Miyoung spoke, the male’s eyes went to her.

“Who was that girl last night?”

“Who last night?” Jooheon blurted out, his eyes grew wide.

“You mean, what girl? Not, who last night. That’s grammatically wrong and it doesn’t even make any sense. So, who was that girl last night?” Minah chimed in and crossed her legs, Jooheon pressed his lips together and slowly tried to stand.

“Sit down.” Miyoung spoke without looking up from her phone, the youngest flinched and stayed put.

“Ah, that…her? We have this class together and we’re working..on this report that we need..to submit….” Jooheon trailed off, he carefully took out his phone to check the calendar.

“The semester is ending and you two figured to start finishing a report now? Two weeks before school ends?” Miyoung chimed in, Jooheon stopped moving, realizing what he just said.

Minah let out a laugh and shook her head at him.

“No, noonas, I didn’t tell you two about her yet because you….two are scary.”

Miyoung chuckled and transferred seats, she plopped down beside him and mussed his hair.

“Our Honey is meeting a girl behind our backs.” She said teasingly, Jooheon sighed at her.

“I’m happy for you, Honey. Surely, living with us has been rough on you.” Minah mused at him as she lowered the TV’s volume.

“Don’t let her break your heart, or I’ll end up breaking her.” Miyoung winked at him before hopping towards the kitchen.

“Scary, yes.” Jooheon murmured as he leaned back on the sofa.

 

 

 

“I don’t know, it seems…lethal.” Miyoung said as she poked her spoon at the kimchi, Jooheon grinned at his sister.

“Noona, I told you eating out would be better.” Jooheon mused as he pushed his soup to her.

“It’s too hot out, and chances are, if we leave campus, we may never come back.” She replied, the younger male laughed, his sister did have a point.

“Hi, guys.” Sera walked up to them, Jooheon looked up and nodded at her.

“Hey, I haven’t seen you around. How are things?” Miyoung asked as the girl plopped down across them.

“I had so many deadlines to chase. But, I’m free now. Free to breathe.” She joked as she set her tray of food down.

“Right, so, we’re planning this short trip to Singapore this summer, what do you think? Join us.” Miyoung stated, Sera paused, she was about to answer when a figure suddenly walked to them.

“Hyung,” Jooheon grinned at the male.

“Hi, I can’t stay long.” Shownu said apologetically as he sat beside Miyoung, she nodded at him before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“Me too, I have class. Sandwich?” She pushed her tray towards him, Sera looked at the older male and smiled.

“I’ll take this. I have one exam this afternoon and I’m needed at the abeoji’s office. Did you drive here?” Shownu said as he got the sandwich.

“I did, don’t worry.”

“Good, so, what were you three talking about?”

“I don’t think I can join you this year, Young-ah. I have this whole trip planed with my cousins, and no offense, Singapore can be a bit boring.” Sera said with a careful smile.

“Alright, we’re just planning to check out the building abeoji bought. Maybe he’ll lend us a penthouse?” Miyoung mused, Sera’s brows rose as she noticed how Shownu leaned forward.

“Can I come?” He asked, Jooheon nodded at him.

“You should, hyung. I can’t handle them both on my own. Even Sehun can’t help.”

Miyoung chuckled and slapped his arm, she turned to Shownu.

“Do you have time?”

“I’ll go with you guys. And, I need to head to class now. I’ll call you later.” Shownu gave her hand a light squeeze before leaving the table.

Miyoung went back to eating and then Sera cleared , she looked at her.

“You know what,”

“What?”

Jooheon paused in mid chew, noticing how Sera was drumming her fingers on the table.

“Singapore doesn’t sound so bad, count me in.”

Jooheon’s brows went up, and he continued eating.

 

 

 

“I thought you were going to quit.” Miyoung commented as she followed her sister to the shower rooms.

“Juinior year can be quite a ride, unnie. That’s what you told me.”

“But, it’s fun. And, it’s not like I have a lot of extracurricular activities.”

“You don’t need that .” Miyoung blinked at her, Minah shushed the girl.

“Let’s be honest here, sister.”

“Oh god, no. Not you trying to talk some sense in to me. I’m supposed to be the sensible one.” Minah teasingly said. Miyoung ignored her comment and hooked arms with her.

“Whether you like it or not, it may hurt our pride or not, we are never going to be the types who will hand over a resume and wait until someone calls us back to hire us.”

“Hey, be careful with your words.”

“Because, we are and will always be slaves to our family. That’s it. We will never have options, we may have freedom though, a bit. But we can never escape the ever so looming presence of Lotte Holdings.”

“And…that supposed to make me feel..bad?”

“A bit, but why bother exerting effort with your college~”

“Hey, there, beautiful.” A group of older students slowed down to look at them, Miyoung reaized that they were staring at her sister’s legs.

“You were great out there, Hwang. You…move so well.” He said with a smirk as he took one step close to her.

“Seeing you swim earlier, makes me want to~”

“Hey there, weirdo with the creepy voice.” Miyoung deadpanned, the male looked at her.

“I really would like to finish this conversation with my sister, so,”

Minah winced, knowing how her sister was.

“Could you be creepy later? Or never? Because, dude, she’s way out of your league.” Miyoung sighed at him, the male’s friends chuckled behind him. Minah noticed how the student before her grew annoyed, his jaw tightened.

“And who are you? Stay out of this.” He snapped at her.

“And you are a ert. Why are you here? You don’t look like you belong to the swim team. You’d fit perfectly with the vermin control team. Although, they might end up mistaking you for~”

“Miyoung, Hyunwoo sunbae isn’t here to clean this~”

“You’re quite a handful,” The male snickered and he tried to touch her cheek, Miyoung winked at him.

“Get lost before I decide to shove your Nikes up your .” She spat before pulling Minah with her.

“Ugh, men.” She muttered as they got inside the shower room, Minah grew amused.

“You’re dating one.” She pointed out, Miyoung’s eyes narrowed at her.

“He’s a bear.” Miyoung grumbled before leaving her sister, Minah chuckled and went to get her clothes.

 

 

 

“I had to come up with a very complicated web of alibies just to be here, hyung. Please don’t let Minah found out that I ditched her so I could go to the mall with you.” Sehun mused as he joined the male in the elevator, Shownu grinned at him.

“Thanks, Sehun-ah.” He replied, Sehun shrugged at him and the doors closed before them. He glanced at the male and noticed that he looked a little on edge.

“Is everything alright?”

The doors opened again and the two males stepped out, Shownu nodded at him.

“I booked an appointment at this place, and I think I might need your help. Since,”

“Since, what?” He asked as he blindly followed the older male, not really looking around and taking in his surroundings.

“Since you know her well.” Shownu replied as they entered a store, Sehun was about to reply when he realized what type of shop they just entered.

“H—Hyung,” He blurted out, Shownu turned to him and buried his hands in his pockets.

“It’s not what you think, I am in no rush.” Shownu replied as a well-dressed sales associate approached them.

“Young master, I have prepared the items you asked for. Please, follow me to private viewing room upstairs.” She said with a small bow, Sehun let out a small laugh.

“I knew you two were serious but…I didn’t know it was…already in..this level.” He stated as he took another glance at the rows and rows of rings on the display.

“As of now, I’m not going to ask her anything. And to be honest, she doesn’t have to know yet.” He replied as they went up the steps, Sehun smiled and nodded at him.

“You love her.”

Shownu quietly nodded back, they arrived at the room and Sehun noticed the tray of rings on the table.

“I ordered a couple of…rings that she might like. Miyoung tends to be a little picky with things. So, that’s why I asked you to join me here.” Shownu said as they sat down, Sehun peered over the tray and squinted at the diamonds before him.

“But, hyung,”

Shownu faced him, his fingers were hovering over one of the diamond rings that had tiny sapphires around the band.

“I know what she likes, but, it also has to be about you.”

“Huh?”

“Which one calls out to you, hyung. Because chances are, if you like it then it means, Miyoung will too.”

Shownu paused, his eyes went to the rings again, Sehun noticed how the older male’s forehead creased.

Sehun leaned back on his seat and smiled.

“Are..you going to ask her soon?” Sehun spoke as Shownu picked up two rings and he eyed them, he saw how his lips quirked up.

“No, she’s still studying. I’m just about to start working too, but, I’d like to have a ring ready.”

“She might find out and run away from you.” Sehun jokingly said, Shownu chuckled before speaking with the sales associate.

“She probably won’t, you’re her comfort zone.” Sehun added as Shownu showed him the ring he had chosen.

“Well, I hope she doesn’t find another comfort zone then.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++