024

Untitled

 

 

 

Miyoung curled her fingers around the mug, her brows furrowed together before looking up.

“Have you read the file?” Shownu seemed at ease as he took a sip from his Americano.

“Actually,I had it delivered to my place earlier. I’m planning to pore over it this weekend. But,” She cleared , deciding that she might as well focus on the expansion.

“Why Jeju, oppa? Of all places,” She trailed off, Shownu grinned at her and leaned back on his seat.

“On our part, that piece of land was financed by us for years now. But the previous owner ran, and refused to pay for the remaining balance.”

“A foreclosed property then, it must have been difficult for ShinHan, oppa. It’s almost twenty hectares.” She murmured, recalling details she read the other day, Shownu nodded back.

“Yes, and your sister came up with the expansion. Since we don’t really have a proper office there, building a complex with Lotte is actually a good idea.”

“Of course, Hwang Minah, the genius.” She murmured as she took a sip of her tea.

“Have we already chosen a developer? I remember Minah unnie raving about this Singapore based firm, and I’ve seen some of their works too. Hyla Architects? I think that’s what they’re called.”

“The Cheungs, yes. We’ve already reached out to them.” Shownu said to her, Miyoung exhaled and slowly nodded back. It has always been easy to talk with him; he wasn’t the type to make things complicated. Scratch that, she never really had difficulty communicating with him.

“Ah, it looks like I won’t really be of help, things have been set then.” She lightly said, Shownu’s smile appeared and he shook his head at her. Miyoung blinked at him.

“I wouldn’t exactly say that, we do have to constantly check on the site.”

“Jeju?” She blinked at him, Shownu nodded back and picked up his coffee again.

“Arrangements have been made, we’ll be flying in every~”

Mommy!

The two turned just as Eunyoung, dressed in a matching Burberry sweater and skirt set ran up to their table. Shownu’s lips quirked up as he looked at the girl.

“Oh, it’s uncle Shownu.” She said as she gave him a polite bow, Shownu chuckled and reached out to lightly pinch her cheek.

“You shouldn’t be running, Eunyoung-ah.” Another voice chimed in, Shownu looked up.

Hi, darling, where have you been?” Miyoung said as she pulled the girl to his lap, Shownu pushed the plate of muffins towards her.

Daddy and I~ oops. Appa and I went to the park today, we played a lot.” Eunyoung said with a proud smile, Hyungwon grinned at her.

“I thought you had meetings today.” Miyoung looked up to meet his gaze, Hyungwon shook her head before leaning down to kiss her cheek.

“Not a lot. Did you forget about this afternoon? We have to check on academies for Eunyoung.” He added, Shownu turned his eyes away and his lips pressed into a thin line.

“Right, I’m sorry.” Miyoung murmured, Hyungwon smiled and picked up her purse and coat from the chair.

“Oppa, I’m sorry. I have to go. We have to look at schools.” MIyoung said to the older male, Shownu faced her again, his forehead creased for briefly.

“It’s fine. I have to get going too.” He said, then he looked at Eunyoung. The girl already had a muffin in each hand, he chuckled.

“Thank you for these, uncle.” She said to him, Shownu nodded back at her.

“Enjoy them, don’t forget to drink water.”

Miyoung stood up and gave him a small smile before stepping away from the table. Hyungwon met his gaze and spoke.

“We’ll get going then. it’s good to see you.”

Shownu could only nod back at the male, he watched as the three stepped out of the café. Miyoung was chatting with a smile on her face as she held onto Hyungwon’s hand. Eunyoung was happily hopping a few steps ahead of them while biting into a muffin.

Shownu let out a shaky breath and peeled his gaze away from them.

At least you’re happy, that’s a relief.

 

 

 

You don’t understand, I need to go.

What do you mean? I heard from Minah that you were bleeding!

Sehun-ah, please. I need to leave.

Miyoung-ah, I’m already on my way. Whatever it is, I’m sure we can talk about~

Put me in a plane now, Oh Sehun. Please.

Sehun exhaled and pushed himself away from his desk, he paused as he felt his parents’ questioning gaze at him.

“Are you okay?” Minah reached for his hand, he looked at her and nodded.

“So, Minah-ya, your parents will be here next week, right?” Mrs. Oh excitedly asked, the girl nodded back.

“Yes, although I’m a bit worried over it, eommonim.”

“Why is that?” Mr. Oh chimed in as he put the magazine he was reading back on the coffee table. Sehun his lips and stood up to sat down across his parents, they had come over in his office to talk about the engagement.

“Miyoung’s back, abeonim. And I’m sure Sehun has already filled you in with the details.”

“Yes, yes. A daughter! You two should start working on that as well!” Mrs. Oh pressed her palms together, Sehun blinked at his mother while Minah could only look away.

Mr. Oh laughed and took a sip from his tea.

“My parents have no idea about that, eommonim. I feel like a war might break out. Should I move out earlier?” She said, Sehun nodded at her with a smile.

“Will we be meeting Miyoung’s husband at the party?”

“Yes, appa. Hyungwon and Eunyoung are coming. The young lady can be quite a handful.” Sehun mused, he took out his phone and browsed through his contacts.

“You have to excuse me, I have a few calls to make.” Sehun stood up, Minah looked at him.

“I’ll have secretary Shin bring some fruit in.” He said to her before leaning over to kiss the side of her head, and then he stepped out of the room.

He put his phone against his ear as he walked down the hallway.

“Young master, it’s been a while.”

“I’d like to ask about a request I made a few years back,” Sehun stated, the older male from the other line hummed in response.

“Which request, sir?” He asked, Sehun could hear the buzz of machines in the background, he loosened his tie before speaking.

“Five years ago, I had this unreasonable request for a plane, that would carry one passenger to New York.”

“Ah, yes. I..remember that, sir.”

“I’d like to for you to check on it, can we meet next week?”

“Yes, sir. I’ll have my assistant check on it, and have the manifest printed out as well.”

“Good, thanks.” Sehun murmured, he put his phone back in his coat pocket and puffed his cheeks.

“Something’s not adding up.”

 

 

 

“I think she likes the last one we visited.” Miyoung commented as they left the escalator.

“Oh, the one with the bigger playground.” Hyungwon mused back as he tugged on the lapels of the long black coat he was wearing.

“The principal said that she might have a difficult time adjusting, I’m worried.” She murmured, Eunyoung had rushed towards the toy store and was waiting for them by the entrance, with her arms crossed and lips pursed.

“About what?” Hyungwon asked as he gave Eunyoung a small nod, the girl beamed and went inside.

“What if she has the difficult time making friends? Our daughter only speaks Korean when her father is around.” She pointed out, Hyungwon let out a laugh and took her hand.

“She’ll be fine, don’t worry.”

“I just feel bad that you two have to suddenly move here just because,” She trailed off, her eyebrows knitted together.

“Eunyoung seems to be having the time of her life, did she mention about her uncle Jooheon?” Hyungwon asked, Miyoung paused and shook her head.

“What did Honey do?”

“Well, you’ll see later at the house. He bought her..one of those mini Lamborghinis.”

“A what?!”

Hyungwon gave her a sheepish grin and he shrugged.

“I see that..things are getting better.” He commented as they followed Eunyoung to the books section.

“Hmm?” Miyoung murmured as she picked up one of the coloring books.

“Earlier, you seem…okay with being alone with him.” Hyungwon carefully said, the girl paused and she faced him.

“Or did I misinterpret the energy between you two? You seem to be…having fun.”

“I…I’ve decided to simply look at it as work. I can’t escape it, and I already said yes to my sister. Do you think…Do you think I shouldn’t?” She chewed on her lower lip, Hyungwon could see the struggle in her eyes. She was unsure, and yet, she was aware that it was something she should do.

“I think, it’s good that you’re working with him. He is your sister’s best friend, and I don’t think you can avoid him forever, Miyoung-ah.” Hyungwon softly said, she pursed her lips.

“I know. I’m trying to be an adult about it.” She shrugged at him, playing it cool. Hyungwon smiled before bringing her left wrist to his lips.

“Still,” He cleared his throat as they started walking again.

“What?”

“I don’t think it’s your fault, Miyoung. What happened..before..it was out of your control.”

Miyoung grew silent, Hyungwon could feel her tense up beside him.

“It is my fault, nothing will change that.”

 

 

 

Miyoung gave her sister a wave as she got inside the elevator, they had just finished a meeting and Minah was pleased that she was finally able to endorse her twin sister to the board.

More like, half of them were just ogling at Miyoung the whole time, it was no secret that everyone had questions about her. But meeting Miyoung in the flesh seems to have squashed all that, also, it didn’t hurt that they were made aware that she was Mrs. Chae Hyungwon now, a banking group’s son.

Minah headed back to her office, and then she paused as she noticed the phone on the table.

“It’s Miyoung’s.” She murmured as she picked it up and jogged out of the room, the young Lotte executive hurriedly got inside one of the elevators and pressed for the lobby. The doors opened again and Miyoung stepped out, she smiled back at the employees who greeted her as she passed by. And then she saw her sister standing outside the doors, probably waiting for her car to be brought around. Minah let out a relieved sigh and made her way towards the door, she was already out of the building when she saw Sera approaching Miyoung.

Minah noticed the look on the other girl’s face and she paused, Sera didn’t look like her usual self.

“You’re pretty bold, Hwang Miyoung.” Sera spoke, Minah halted and froze by the doors.

“Sera,”

“I heard about it, so, you’re working with him. Jeju expansion?” She scoffed, Minah saw how her sister tensed, but she didn’t speak.

“You’re doing this on purpose. You’re trying to lure him back, what a joke. You’re a married woman.”

“It’s just work, Sera. What~”

“Work? As usual, you..you always destroy everything.” Sera stated, the venom in her voice made Minah flinch. Her friend wasn’t like this, Sera never spoke that way around her.

“Sera, please, I don’t mean any~”

“He’s mine, Miyoung. He’s always been mine. Things were going so well, but, you just had to fly back here and mess it up. Have you already forgotten?”

And then Minah saw it, how her sister leaned on one heel briefly and she gripped on strapped of her purse ever so slightly.

“Forget? Sera~”

“We would have gotten married. He chose me, he was~”

“Look, Yoo Sera,”

Minah’s eyes widened, it was that tone.

“I was gone for five years, if he really wanted you, then you would be Mrs. Son by now. No, I don’t even have to leave for him to choose you.” Miyoung’s shoulders relaxed and she dropped her arms to her sides.

Sera took a step back, stunned at her words.

“I didn’t forget. And, I realize now that my leaving didn’t even change anything. He,” Miyoung’s lower lip quivered.

“Son Hyunwoo still didn’t choose you. So,”

The chauffeured Rolls Royce appeared by the curb, the driver went down and opened the door for Miyoung.

“Back off and mind your own business. Because I don’t have time for this bull.” Miyoung stated, and then she brushed past the girl and got inside the waiting car.

Minah turned back to the building and she couldn’t help but be giddy.

For a moment back there, Miyoung finally sounded like her old self. Her typical spunky-I-don’t-give-a-damn self. Minah knows that it should worry her, but she was happy about it.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++