035

Untitled

 

 

 

“I’m buying. Don’t you even dare.” Miyoung said as she slid down from the car, Shownu grew amused and watched as the girl rushed towards the coffee shop’s entrance. Their meeting earlier had ended and they had just arrived from the building site. He was even worried that inviting her to coffee would be a bit too much, but Miyoung gamely said yes.

Shownu stepped down from the car and followed her, Miyoung was already speaking with the barista.

“Oppa, your usual?” She asked him, Shownu nodded at her, surprised that she still remembered. He made his way towards an empty table, it gave them the view of the beach. He sat down and leaned back.

He glanced at Miyoung again, she was chewing on her lower lip as while deciding which cake to get, or sandwich. His lips unconsciously curled up, he was glad that she seems comfortable with him. Comfortable enough that she agreed to go get coffee with him.

Just like the old days.

Shownu paused, his forehead creased and he turned away.

He must not think like that. Even though Miyoung was not Eunyoung’s mother, she is still Hyungwon’s wife. She’s married.

Shownu puffed his cheeks and briefly shut his eyes close.

“Are you okay?” Miyoung spoke as she took the seat across him, she set the tray before them and pushed his drink towards him.

“I got three, I couldn’t choose.” She said with a sheepish smile as she pointed at the cake slices, Shownu nodded at her.

“We can finish this. It’s fine.”

“I know that.” She mused back at him as she picked up a fork. Miyoung smiling as she started to eat, Shownu paused and looked at her.

“You’re fine with sharing…these?” Shownu said as his fork hovered over the already eaten cake, Miyoung blinked at him, clearly confused.

“Oppa, I didn’t know you were this hungry. Should I order more?” She said as she started to stand, Shownu panicked and reached for her hand.

“No, what I meant was, sorry!” Shownu immediately dropped his hand. Miyoung grew amused and plopped down again.

“I meant, are you….okay with sharing..you know, our forks and~”

“Oppa, please.” She rolled her eyes and started eating again, Shownu scrunched his nose and took a piece of the red velvet cake.

“So, about what you said at the party, are you sure about it?” Shownu asked her, the girl paused and she met his gaze.

“I quite am, why? Do you think I shouldn’t have decided on taking over for unnie?”

“Of course not. I had the feeling that you…you were rushing to head back to the US because of your work and, your husband.”

A small smile appeared on her lips, and Shownu grew confused.

“That’s what was on my head when I landed back here, oppa. I did want top fly back right away, and get the whole wedding over with.” She continued as she pushed the cake towards him, she picked up her coffee.

“Then, I realized…I do miss everyone. My parents. Joohoney. My friends. It’s…” The girl trailed off, she was still smiling as she stared at the beach. Shownu couldn’t peel his gaze off her, and he hated himself for looking at the girl.

He was never going to be over Hwang Miyoung.

He couldn’t.

“It’s..not easy, suddenly being back and having to get back to my old life here. A lot of things have changed, oppa. And, of course, people around me know about my history. How I was when I was younger, and…of course, you.” She said as she faced him, Shownu’s brows went up and he swallowed.

“I meant, my history with you.” She corrected herself, Shownu noticed how her frown deepened, she opened for a few seconds and she looked away.

“Anyway, I realized that I should stay for a bit, and be there for my family. And,” She leaned forward, Shownu cut a piece of the cheesecake for her.

“I also have things I need to fix.”

“What kind of fixing?” Shownu said in a light tone, she smiled again.

“You’ll see.”

“Does it involve a baseball bat and a car?”

Miyoung rolled her eyes at him, Shownu laughed.

 

 

 

“I’m not sure if this is going to be…chaotic or something, but hello.” Jooheon mused as he joined the table, Sehun looked up from his plate of pasta.

“Miyoung-ah, what brought this on? And, also so sudden.” Mrs. Lee spoke, Miyoung looked at her mother and pressed her palms together.

“Like I said, eomma. I would like to be of help to unnie. I have been goje for way too long, and I know she’s still semi pissed at me for it.”

“Everybody is.” Sehun chimed in, Jooheon grinned at him.

“Your husband is not joining us,” Mr. Lee spoke, Miyoung turned to her stepfather and nodded.

“He took Eunyoung to meet..my in-laws. They’re probably going to have dinner at the Chae ancestral home.”

“But, Miyoung-ah, I just really want to know, what brought this on? Surely, your sister would never pressure you to stay. Is…something going on? Are things okay?” Mrs. Lee spoke, Jooheon looked at his two sisters. Even Minah was staring at her twin, waiting for her answer.

Miyoung chuckled and shook her head, Sehun’s brows went up.

“There really is no reason, eomma. I simply want to be here for everyone. Are you all trying to get rid of me?” She smirked, the two elders quickly shook their heads.

“Besides, I think it’s been to peaceful lately.”

“And that’s…wrong?” Jooheon blinked at her, Miyoung grinned at him and nodded.

“It kinda is. It feels like it is, Honey.”

“Should..we be worried?” Mr. Lee asked her, but he was teasing, like always. Sehun grew pensive as he looked at his friend. Something was up, and he could sense it.

No, he is certain that something is up.

“So, Meens, what do you think about my offer?” Miyoung turned to her sibling with a playful grin.

“I’m all for it, Miyoung-ah. The company is also yours, you are always welcome to take your position. And,”

Sehun tilted his head, it was that grin.

“I am thankful that you decided to do this for me, for us. Maybe some time off work will help.”

“I’m sure it will, unnie. And, you don’t have to thank me. I’m..doing this for me.”

Sehun started to slowly shake his head.

“For you? You want to stress yourself out with work…for yourself?” Minah blinked at her, but she was smiling.

“I guess you can say that, unnie. But, it is good to be back.” Miyoung chuckled at her, and Sehun halted and his eyes went to her. Miyoung was already chatting with her parents, she ran her fingers through her hair as she laughed.

Sehun leaned back on his seat, dubious.

For a brief moment, Miyoung sounded like her old self.

“Hey, Hwang Miyoung,” Sehun leaned forward and she turned to him.

“Should I be worried?” He asked her, keeping his tone light as Minah and Jooheon discussed what to have for dessert.

“Just take my side then you don’t have to.” Miyoung winked at him.

“Ah, that translates to I must start praying for everybody then.”

"Don't waste your time." The youngest Hwang snorted  back.

 

 

 

Ara exhaled as she looked at the male seated before her, Hyungwon was staring at the windows, unmoving.

“Thank you for agreeing to meet me.” She started, the male faced her.

“What did you want to talk about?” Hyungwon asked as he pulled his drink closer to him.

“Our daughter.”

He nodded, Ara pressed her lips together, unsure of where to start.

“I’d like to be a part of her life, Hyungwon. I know…I know I’ve said things before and there is nothing I can do to redeem myself with what I did. But I really…would like to get to know Eunyoung.”

Hyungwon slowly nodded at her.

“But, whatever you decide on, I respect that. I just…wish that you’d let me see her.”

“That’s not a problem, Ara.” Hyungwon said, keeping his tone formal. Ara nodded back at him, she started to smile.

“And, I’m being greedy.” She said, Hyungwon paused and picked up his tea.

“I know things between us will..always be difficult,” Ara began fiddling with the strap of her watch.

“Ara,” Hyungwon sighed and sat up on his chair, the girl paused.

“Just..speak comfortably. We’re already here talking about Eunyoung and what we need to be..better parents.”

Ara looked at him, her brows went up.

“Is it..too much to ask to be friends?” She said, Hyungwon blinked at her, but he nodded back.

“No, it’s not.” His reply was short, but Ara was smiling.

“You look good, Chae Hyungwon.” She said as she picked up her coffee, he could only nod back at her.

“I know Miyoung talked you into meeting me. Can you thank her for me too?”

“You should come over our place. I’ll…I’ll look into ways to introduce you to Eunyoung. Don’t worry.” Hyungwon said to her, he set his cup down.

“Well, if that works with you.” He finished.

“Have you spoken to Miyoung about this? I don’t want to intervene with your home life, Hyungwon-ah.”

Hyungwon’s forehead creased, he looked at the girl again.

“With Miyoung..it’s not like that. And, I’d really like to explain all these to you, but we’re at a public place. How about,” He cleared his throat, knowing that he was going to regret what he was about to say.

“I’ll arrange dinner next week and..we can all talk.”

 

 

 

“I can’t believe this. I always had a feeling she’s bad news.” Sehun stated as he stood by the windows, Hyungwon turned to him.

“How…What did she say to make Miyoung leave?” He questioned, Sehun faced the other male shrugged.

“You know, if..Miyoung finds out about this, I can’t even how she’ll react.” Sehun replied, the two were at the Oh residence, waiting for Miyoung to join them for dinner. Eunyoung was at the living room, having fun with the toys her uncle Sehun brought for her.

“What do you mean? You’re her best friend, you’d know what her actions will be.” Hyungwon replied, he waws staring at the photo of Sera on his desk and he shuddered.

“You didn’t meet her. The old Miyoung.” Sehun said with a small smile, Hyungwon faced him.

“She was quintessentially, a badass. Wanna know how she befriended Sera? That girl was being bullied in school, and your wife stood up to the bullies and cussed them out.”

“Probably not her greatest decision, to defend her.” Hyungwon murmured, Sehun chuckled at him.

“And then at lunch, she looked for the bully’s car with a baseball bat in hand, and I don’t think I need to tell you what happens next.”

Hyungwon’s brows rose, impressed.

“She wasn’t a bad kid, although her grandparents had to donate a building to the school so that she wouldn’t be expelled, but then again, they really couldn’t, MIyoung had really good grades and was always top of our class. She…She was just never the timid type. Not until…” sehun trailed off, still confused.

“What we know now is that this Yoo Sera paid someone for the accident to happen. I think she may not have foreseen the fact that Shownu would follow Miyoung anywhere. She probably didn’t want him hurt too.” Hyungwon explained, Sehun exhaled and shook his head.

“Can she bungee jump with safety gear? I’d pay for that to happen.” Sehun muttered, the latter chuckled.

“What do you think? Should the twins find out?” Hyungwon asked him, Sehun sat down and shook his head.

“With Meens…she’ll go crazy, of course. That’s her sister and best friend. But then, I think I can talk her out of it.”

“Miyoung?” Hyungwon crossed his arms and leaned against his desk.

“Miyoung’s anger is different. As easy going she can be, she’s not the type to simply let go of things. Sorry for saying this, but especially Shownu hyung is involved, he’s the one who got hurt pretty badly.” Sehun spoke, Hyungwon turned his head, hearing a car pulling over. Sehun followed his gaze, recognizing the vehicle. His brows went up and he left the sofa.

“Miyoung has a right to know, but you’re right. She has..way too much on her plate right now.” Hyungwon said as he saw Shownu slide down from the car, he walked around the vehicle and held the door for Miyoung.

Sehun stood by his side and also watched, the two were chatting comfortably as they approached the house’s front doors.

“Tell me honestly,” Sehun began, Hyungwon looked at him.

“What is it?”

“You’re her husband and you’re pretty chill about her being around Shownu hyung a lot. The same Shownu hyung who was her ex-boyfriend that she never really broke up with.”

Hyungwon nodded without looking at him.

“Why? If I were you, I would react.” Sehun pressed, wanting to see how the other male would react. It did irk him that the Chae son could be so calm at times, especially when it came to their situation.

“It’s not something I can comment on as of the moment.” He finally spoke, Sehun took a step back and nodded.

“You should probably ask the kitchen to add another plate to the table.” He added, Sehun nodded again and left the room.

“They’re not real.” Sehun said to himself as he went down the steps, he could hear Miyoung and Shownu laughing in the living room.

“It’s not real.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++