043

Untitled

 

 

 

Ara could only stare at the documents before her; Hyungwon took another sip from his coffee.

“You’re saying…my daughter…our toddler..is currently a company owner.”

“Her other…mother’s gift. Yes.”

Chae Eunyoung, the toddler, currently holds the most shares in Yoo Holdings, well, it wasn’t under her name yet. It was under Hyungwon’s name until she becomes of legal age.

“Miyoung arranged this?”

“Angry Miyoung did. She said, it would be the perfect way to leave Eunyoung untouchable, she was worried that Sera would use that against her, you know. She didn’t want Eunyoung to get hurt.”

“And this happened…how?”

“She became Lotte Group’s vice president, and..in this country, nobody says no to Lotte.” Hyungwon murmured back, Ara shook her head.

“If you want it cleaned up, I can do it. I just wanted to inform you, since…since you’re around.” He carefully said, Ara paused and looked at him.

“Hyungwon, surely your family~”

“My family has already been made aware that you’re back in my life again. That is…if you want to stay.” Hyungwon met her gaze evenly.

She put the documents down and let out a shaky breath.

“I know, I know, you can’t promise me anything. But, is it too much if I ask you to stay? For Eunyoung. You…You’re always free to do what you want, Ara. I don’t want you to think that you have…have to put up with me.”

“Don’t think that.” Ara mumbled and puffed her cheeks.

“I do feel bad that things didn’t work out between us back then, the whole pregnancy shocked me. And I’m sorry for leaving you like that. I’m sorry for not being around.”

Hyungwon shook his head at her with small smile.

“Then, are…we okay now?” Hyungwon asked, the girl smiled and nodded.

“Can…Can I ask you out on a date? Like, a proper date.”

Ara let out a chuckle and nodded.

“You aren’t going to check if I’m seeing someone else first, huh?”

“Are you?” Hyungwon blinked at her, Ara smiled before standing up and she leaned over to kiss his cheek.

“You did a great job raising Eunyoung, Hyungwon-ah. Thank you. And, no. I’m no seeing anyone.”

 

 

 

Miyoung stepped out of the gymnasium, wanting to hurry out of the place. And then she halted and sighed.

She didn’t bring her own car; she asked to be dropped off, assuming she could get a ride with Jooheon or her sister. The girl let out a shaky breath and took out her phone, wanting to book a taxi.

She made her way towards the school gates, avoiding other people’s gazes as she walked.

“Whoa, and I was just bragging about my Mrs. Chae peks, and here I am without a car after throwing a tantrum.” She grumbled as she looked around, the girl was about to step out of the property when she felt someone pull her back.

“Hwang Miyoung,” Shownu was panting, but he wasn’t dropping his arm either.

“Oppa, I~”

“What was that?”

“Well, that…I..” She stammered, she was now seeing the holes in her plan. She never really did think of telling him everything. Why?

It wasn’t going to change anything. He almost died because of her. Because of her, Shownu jumped too.

Because she knew, she knew that he always had her back.

“It’s…It’s the thing I asked you not to..interfere with. I wanted to fix it myself. I wanted to correct~”

“By doing that? By finding out all that and not telling me?” Shownu continued, she looked away.

“Oppa, it’s not going to change anything. I..I guess a part of me is angry and wanted to go back to my old self. To how I used to handle things.”

“You were keeping all these…to yourself?” Shownu let go of her and he dropped his arm to his sides. Miyoung met his gaze, he looked confused and mad.

“Sera has always wanted you, oppa. Back then, I didn’t really see it. But looking back, I knew I should have sensed something. I just never expected that she’d do something like that.” Miyoung said, deicding that walking away from him was going to be pointless.

“Why..didn’t you tell me? You…You should have gone to me first.”

Miyoung pressed her lips together, and shook her head.

“I brought you into this mess, I should fix~”

“You know we don’t do that, Miyoung!” Shownu sighed at her, she could see that he was trying to keep it in, trying not to lose his temper.

“You know that I can fix this. You know, of all people, you know I can take care of this.”

MIyoung looked away, her forehead creasing.

“Why would…Why would you..Who else knows?” Shownu sighed again and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Unnie know, Sehun and Jooheon too. And, Hyungwon.” She swallowed, she saw how Shownu’s frown deepened.

“They all know. And you, couldn’t be bothered to tell me.”

“Oppa, I~”

“Miyoung-ah, I can protect you. I can fix this for you.”

“I know that, but this time, this is~”

“Then, let me. If..you still see me as someone important to you, then let me fix this.” Shownu intervened.

“W—What are you going to do?”

Shownu didn’t reply, instead he just fished out his car key from his pant pocket, Miyoung took a step back from him.

“Oppa, what are~”

“I know you won’t let me drive you home, so, take this. Drive safely.” Shownu handed the key to her, Miyoung paused and stared at him.

“Oppa, why~”

Shownu then leaned down and kissed her cheek.

“Ask questions later, I can see how stressed out are by being here. Go home. I’ll call you.” He gave her a small smile before walking away from the girl.

 

 

 

Hyungwon was leaning against the windowsill when he saw a foreign car roll up in the curb, Ara appeared by the doors.

“That’s not ours.” He stated as he eyed the Porsche Cayenne, and then he saw Miyoung slid down from the car, his brows went up. The girl looked a little shaken, but she was smiling as Ara walked up to her.

Hyungwon quietly made his way down, Eunyoung was already fast asleep in her room.

“How did it go? Did you have fun at the party?” He heard Ara speak, Hyungwon let out a small chuckle. He reached the living room and found the two chatting, Miyoung was in the process of removing her heels.

“Fun?” Miyoung sighed, Hyungwon looked at her.

“What happened?”

“You brought mister Han with you. I’m assuming…it was fun?”

“It was. I thought I would feel good about it.” She muttered, Ara blinked at the girl.

“Am I..interrupting something?” Miyoung blurted, realizing that Ara was still at the residence despite the late hour.

“No, no. I was just worried about you, so I decided to stay.” Ara said while patting her hair down, Hyungwon nodded for her to continue.

“I had this…I really did think about what to do, I was going to corner her, you know. With mister Han, my siblings being there, Sehun and the others. But,”

“Sehun and the others. The others being Son Hyunwoo.” Hyungwon said, Miyoung hissed at him. Ara chuckled and walked to the kitchen to get tea.

“What happened? Are you okay? The other girl didn’t hurt you?”

Miyoung shook her head and sat down; Hyungwon took the seat across hers.

“Before the…party begun, he wanted to talk.”

“Because?”

Ara returned with tea and pushed the cup towards the girl.

“I accidentally…spilled out something the other day, and…I guess it must have bothered him? I don’t know. I don’t know. I didn’t mean to.” Miyoung stammered, Hyungwon smiled to himself, she was always so calm in handling other things. But clearly, when it came to Shownu, it was different.

“What did you spill out?” Ara chimed in, Miyoung pressed her lips together.

“About Hyungwon not being my husband.”

“Yes!” Ara blurted out, the two turned to her, stunned.

“I mean, I know what you two are thinking. But, it’s not that. Look at him, Young. Look at the guy! You two would make the perfect children.” Ara clarified, her cheeks turning pink, Miyoung sighed at her.

“Ara, don’t…Don’t.”

“All I’m saying is that, I ship you both.” Ara shrugged and leaned back on her seat, Hyungwon grinned at her.

“So, what happened after that?”

“It must have bothered him so much.” Miyoung mumbled while studying her nailbeds.

“Of course, it would. He loves you. He still does.” He said, Miyoung winced at his words.

“Deny it all you want, even I can see it. He wants you back, Miyoung. I mean, did you two even break up? Give the guy a chance.”

“He’s right.” Ara added meekly.

“Why~”

“He told you, huh? About how he feels.” Hyungwon met her gaze, the girl turned away.

“Miyoung…It’s your time to be happy. So, please, stop blaming yourself for all the things that happened.” Hyungwon leaned over and patted her hand.

“It was never your fault.”

“What if..he gets hurt because of me again?”

“I think you should be thinking about what he will do to the person who hurt you, the person who caused for the two of you to separate.”

“What are you talking about?” Miyoung muttered.

“Surely, Son Hyunwoo must be angry at her too.” Hyungwon said with a shrug, Ara nodded at the girl.

“He must be livid. This is going to be fun.” He mused before standing up, Miyoung exhaled.

“Who wants popcorn?”

 

 

 

Sera could only watch as Shownu disappeared into the crowd, Sehun shook his head and slowly stood up from his seat.

“Minah,” Sera faced the other Hwang twin.

“You’re pretty thick-skinned, pretending to be nice all these years, and yet you’re the reason why Miyoung left.”

Sera froze; some of their schoolmates were still staring at them.

“Minah, it’s not like that. I~”

“Five years. She was gone for five years; I lost five years with her.” Minah stated, Sehun was standing behind the girl, with his hand on her back.

“You..almost killed her. No, you wanted her gone. Because you thought, that if my sister…wasn’t around anymore that sunbae would choose you. The very person who helped make your school life better…you wanted to kill her, for what? For a boy, Sera. For a boy!” Minah said through gritted teeth, Jooheon looked away.

“Minah, you don’t understand, I love him.”

“You know what, Miyoung should have let it happen. She should have let the other students laugh at you, you should have been bullied!”

“Meens,” Sehun gently pulled her back, the girl’s fingers were trembling.

“You will always be that friendless loser. I will make sure of that.” She spat before turning away from them, Sera was about to reach for her when she was blocked by a tall figure.

She pulled back, her eyes wide.

“O—Oppa,”

Sehun and Minah stopped, the girl turned her head and saw Shownu standing before her.

“Oppa, I’m sor~”

“Don’t apologize. It’s useless.”

Jooheon glanced at his sister and walked over to her.

“At least let me explain, oppa. I only did that~”

“I thought I almost lost her, you know. Miyoung will always be special to me, no matter happens. And, it will always be her. Just her.” Shownu said, keeping his tone civil.

“Oppa, she only wanted to control you. She still does!”

“If she wants to control me, then that’s fine. It’s none of your business, because,”

Sehun grinned at Jooheon, and the younger male could only sigh at him.

The gymnasium had become eerily quiet.

“I was only friends with you because she asked us to be nice to you. If it weren’t for Miyoung, I wouldn’t even talk to you.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++