048

Untitled

 

 

 

“Ah, so you met at work?” Miyoung spoke as she leaned over to gain access to her mother’s famous spicy grilled chicken.

“We did, it was at a conference, unnie.” Suyeon nodded back, Shownu glanced at Minah as the other twin spoke.

“I see, Jooheon does attend events, abeoji.” Miyoung jokingly said, the elder chuckled while Jooheon eyed the two warily.

“Or maybe it was good timing.” She jokingly said.

“Noona!” Jooheon whined, Miyoung went back to eating.

“Be nice.” Shownu jokingly whispered to Minah, the girl eyed him warily before looking at Suyeon. Sehun grinned and poured himself some juice.

“Stop it.” She hissed back at him.

“Right, Hyungwon didn’t come with you?” Mrs. Lee spoke, Miyoung looked up.

“He has an appointment today, and, I didn’t think he..was invited,” She continued, the elders tilted their heads and looked at Shownu.

“Hyungwon’s a friend.” Shownu stated, also confused.

“Who’s Hyungwon?” Suyeon whispered to Jooheon, the latter looked at her while chewing.

“Noona’s husband.” He replied before shoving another spoonful of rice into his mouth.

“I was expecting Eunyoung to be here too today,” Sehun nodded along, Minah grinned at him.

“And Eunyoung?” Suyeon blinked.

“Noona’s daughter.”

“W—What?” Suyeon blurted out, stunned, her eyes went to Miyoung and Shownu again.

“Jooheon-ah, explain things to her.” Minah muttered, the elders broke into laughs. Miyoung looked up from her plate.

“Oh, right. Sorry!” Jooheon blurted out and set his utensils down, Shownu grew amused.

“Hyungwon…is..Eunyoung’s real dad, due to some circumstances before, Young noona had to..step up and be her mother figure.”

“Oh.” Suyeon slowly nodded, obviously still a little confused, Shownu smiled at the girl.

“This is the real boyfriend.” Jooheon gestured towards Shownu before eating again, Mr. and Mrs. Lee smiled at each other.

“Right, second daughter, what are your plans? I heard from your driver that you’d be having some of your things delivered here this afternoon?” Mr. Lee spoke, Minah stopped eating and faced her sister.

“Ah, yes, abeoji. I discussed it with Eunyoung’s therapist the other day, and she suggested that it might be easier for her to…realized who I am sooner, rather than delaying it. So far, her and Ara are doing really great.”

“You’re moving back here?” Sehun spoke, the girl nodded back.

“That’s good, darling. One daughter leaves, another comes back.” Their mother spoke.

“Wow, she makes it sounds as I’m leaving to some far away land.” Meens murmured, Suyeon chuckled.

“Well, that’s why I brought some clothes, I’m planning to fix up my room. Will that be okay?”

“Of cou~”

“What?” Shownu and Sehun chorused, the table turned quiet and everyone was staring at the two.

“Y—You’re cleaniung up your..room?” Shownu put his fork down, Miyoung slowly nodded back.

“Of course, I’ll be using it..again?”

“W—Why now?” Sehun chimed in, Jooheon looked at the two, not getting it.

“Is…Am I not allowed to use my room?” Miyoung shot back, Shownu pressed his lips together.

“Well, no. But, this is abrupt, Young.” Shownu spoke softly, or at least he tried not to sound nervous.

“Would you rather I stay with Hyungwon longer?” She replied, Mr. Lee let out a laugh but his wife shushed at her.

“Oppa, what’s wrong? You too, Oh Sehun.”

“Wow, this seems complicated.” Suyeon whispered to Jooheon, the male smiled and patted her hand.

“Don’t worry, none of them are normal.”

“Honey, we can hear you.” Minah muttered at him, the younger male beamed at her and gave her a finger heart, which she flicked away.

“N—No, it’s just….I didn’t expect you’d…moved back here..so quick.” Sehun stammered.

“I grew up in this house, you idiot.”

“But you said you love your walk-in closet at Hyungwon’s place.” Shownu quickly said, Miyoung turned to him, stunned.

“Maybe I should have become Mrs. Chae for real, it seems like a more acceptable option than moving back here, am I wrong, eomma?”

“Do I need to answer that?” Mrs. Lee grimaced, Minah chuckled to herself.

Shownu and Sehun glanced at each other.

“W—Well, I’ll help you.” Shownu blurted out, Miyoung rolled her eyes at him before asking for dessert.

 

 

 

“Look at how things worked out,” Mrs. Lee mused, she was with her two daughters at her home office. Minah was seated by the windowsill, watching as Jooheon showed Suyeon around the gardens.

“Eomma, can I have unnie’s room? I need a home office too.” Miyoung was standing by the shelves, checking her mother’s books.

“Of course. If Shownu lets you move back in, or Sehun.”

“That I don’t get, those two are weird.” She muttered back with a smile, she picked up a framed photo of her and Minah, they were probably four or five years old when it was taken.

“My two lovely girls. I feel so happy that you’ve finally found partners.”

“Hmm.” Minah hummed back, still staring at the window.

“Eomma, you were pretty fast in accepting Shownu oppa again.” Miyoung mused, the lady laughed and nodded.

“Miyoung-ah, I am your mother. I gave birth to you. I know you.”

Miyoung flinched and looked away, knowing that her mother was about to say something cheesy.

“You’ve always looked at him differently, darling. Even back then, I knew it was going to be him.”

“Okay, stop.”

“And, I’m happy that you two finally got back together. No one can handle that attitude of yours like he does.”

“Eomma!”

The lady laughed and finished her tea, Miyoung made a face at her before looking at her sister.

“Unnie?”

Minah turned away from the windows and smiled at her.

“What?”

“Will you please stop surveilling Honey and Suyeon? She’s a nice girl, and, I like her already.”

“Minah, let your brother be.”

“Rememeber the time when he started seeing that girl from college? Sohee?”

Miyoung frowned and rolled her eyes.

“I’m pretty sure that Suyeon is nothing like her, unnie.”

“Still, I don’t want him to get hurt again.” Minah muttered, Mrs. Lee smiled and looked at her two girls.

“Not our Honey.”

“Jooheon will be fine, girls. Suyeon won’t break his heart.”

“Of course, you would know that, eomma. You met her first and kept it secret from us.” Miyoung replied, Minah looked at their mother.

“Okay, I’m going to go. You two are scary.” Mrs. Lee muttered before leaving the room.

 

 

 

“Where did you hide it, hyung?” Sehun said in between coughs, Shownu lifted the bed post to check the floor.

“I remember tucking it in one of her drawers, but it’s not there anymore.”

“Are you sure? Auntie only had this room cleaned once in a while, I doubt she moved the furniture around.” Sehun commented as he looked around, he noticed a photo of him and Miyoung during their elementary years, he grinned to himself.

“I think.” Shownu muttered, he walked to her study and checked the books and folders on it, he pursed his lips in slight panic.

“What about her closet?” He asked Sehun, the latter shook his head.

“She’s going to move back in here, can’t you just ask her to find it for you?” Sehun jokingly asked, Shownu threw a pen at him.

“Why didn’t you just keep it, hyung? Why did it have to be here?”

“Because it is hers. It will always be hers.” Shownu replied, he turned to the windows and exhaled. Sehun smiled to himself before plopping down on the couch.

“Why didn’t you ask her? You could have asked her before…everything happened.”

“We were students, and I don’t think any of us were ready for that kind of commitment back then.”

“Are you sure? You bought a ring, hyung.”

“Because I knew that it will always be her.” He said with a small smile, he saw Minah walking towards the gardens, she was making her way towards Jooheon and Suyeon.

“Are you going to ask her now?” Sehun spoke again, Shownu glanced at him.

“I’m trying to give her some time to settle back in. I know she’s still adjusting. I don’t want to add to her plate.”

“Hyung, you have always been in her plate.” Sehun mused at him, Shownu shrugged and buried his hands in his pockets.

“We just got back together, Sehun-ah.”

“Why, did you ever break up?” Sehun replied, Shownu sighed and turned to him.

“Just help me~”

“What are you boys up to?” The door suddenly opened and Miyoung came hopping in, Shownu froze.

“We’re cleaning it up a bit. For you.” Sehun said to her, Miyoung eyed him warily.

“A bit? It looks like you two just moved the dust around, I have to vacuum this place.” She spoke as she walked around, her eyes went to a photo of her and Shownu.

“Oh, I remember this. It was at a school fair.” She said as she picked it up, Shownu looked at her.

“You sure you don’t need help cleaning up here?” Shownu asked as he touched the small of her back, Sehun hid his grin and turned away.

“No, how do I get rid of the both of you?”

“Does that translate to “Please get out.”?” Sehun voiced out, Shownu scrunched his nose at her.

“Please.” She replied, Sehun whistled before standing up.

“I’ll see you later, Young.” He teasingly said before disappearing into the hall. Miyoung turned to Shownu.

“You too, oppa.”

“But, some of these boxes are heavy~”

“Oppa, I can do it. I’ll call you if I need help. It’s just that I haven’t spent some time in here, I…really would like to do it alone.” She said as she walked towards him and placed her palms on his shoulders.

“Okay, but call me when you need help.” He said, Miyoung nodded back before tugging on his shoulder so that he’d crouch down. She smiled before kissing his cheek.

“Okay, now go, before Minah unnie being her FBI-style questioning on Suyeon.”

Shownu let out a chuckle, he kissed the side of her head before leaving the room.

 

 

 

Miyoung pursed her lips as she picked up the scented candle off the shelf.

“I need candles. Do I need candles?” She muttered to herself, she set it back down and looked around her.

“Candles?” A familiar voice repeated from behind her, Miyoung turned and made a face at him.

“I don’t know how to arrange my room. I mean, I guess I have way too much stuff?” She spoke to him, Shownu nodded and picked up the candle.

“Maybe I need to call a professional or something,” She commented as she hooked arms with him.

“Did you move back yesterday?”

“Actually, I’m moving today. I had the rest my things delivered this morning. Honey volunteered to take the afternoon off to help me.” She continued, Shownu smiled, noticing that the girl had both of her arms laced around his. It was something she was always comfortable in doing, and he liked that.

“Can I come help too?”

“I was thinking it was a given, but sure, you’re welcome to come, oppa.”

“Have you eaten?” He asked her.

“No, I was waiting for you. What do you feel like having?” She replied, they reached the counter and she blinked at him.

“I’m getting this for you.” Shownu mused as he put the candle on the table, the lady proceeded to wrap it up.

“About the Jeju thing, do we still need to fly over next week?” Miyoung asked as Shownu handed his card to the lady.

“We might need to.”

“But it’s Eunyoung’s birthday that weekend.”

“Really?” Shownu’s face lit up, Miyoung nodded back and took the bag.

“Thanks for this.”

“We should get something for her too. What does she like?”

“You’re not going to ask me what I like? My birthday’s next month.” She said, Shownu chuckled and shook his head.

“No, let’s get Eunyoung’s gift.”

“But I want something else too.” She said as they left the store, Shownu smiled and stretched his hand to her.

“I’m kidding, you don’t have to get me anything. Protecting me from that fall was enough.” She winked at him.

“Huh.” Shownu dryly said, she chuckled and held hands with him.

“Eunyoung’s been into My Little Pony lately.”

Shownu paused and turned to her.

“And Hyungwon’s okay with that? Does he have space for one?” He asked her, Miyoung blinked at him.

“What?”

“A pony. Horses need a lot of space, Young.”

“Oh god.” She blurted out and then she started laughing, Miyoung simply pulled Shownu with her.

“You are not to get her gifts by yourself.” She was still chuckling as they got on the escalator, Shownu was confused as they walked in a toy shop.

“My Little Pony, oppa. Those are toys. Colorful ponies.” She continued as they walked through different aisles.

“Colored ponies?” He echoed, Miyoung sighed as they reached the display of Eunyoung’s current toy obsession.

“I’ll just..go ahead and pick out stuff for her. Wow, you do need help, oppa.” She jokingly said, Shownu watched as the girl browsed through the toys, he was still holding her hand.

“But, oppa,” She said as she looked at him.

“What were you and Sehun trying to find in my room? Did you stay there while I was away? Because, wow, kinda creepy?” She jokingly said, Shownu stilled and blinked at her.

“Y—Yes, I hung out there when you were gone.” He blurted out, Miyoung’s brows went up, way up.

“Okay. I’m going to buy that. For now.” She murmured as she walked ahead of him, Shownu grimaced and ran his fingers through his hair before following her.

“Oppa, can we get pizza for lunch? Or, do you need to head back to work?”

“No, no. I’ll go help you fixing your room, Jooheon can’t do it alone.”

“The obsession with my room has to stop.” Miyoung muttered as he paid for the colorful ponies.

“I’m more obsessed with you.” Shownu whispered to her, Miyoung gagged and walked away from him. Shownu smiled as he watch the girl approach the display of video games.

“I don’t know how you’d react if you find it first, Miyoung-ah.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++