042

Untitled

 

 

 

“I don’t think it’s smart to attend, noona.” Jooheon murmured as he drove into the familiar gardens of their old high school, Sehun was suddenly called to his office a few minutes ago and had to leave them.

“Why? It’s for the kids.”

“Sera will be there. Do you think…you can be rational around her?” Jooheon murmured as the Audi slowed to a halt, Minah chuckled and slid down from the car.

“I mean, maybe Miyoung noona won’t go all crazy on her to her face, she’s been~”

“She’s been dealing with all this by herself, and I hate myself for allowing that.” Minah stated as they went up the steps, Jooheon chewed on his lower lip.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit funny?” She asked as they entered the main campus, the girl looked around while linking arms with her brother.

“What? That we’re back here?”

“Yes, that. This is where it all started, Miyoung helping out Sera. Sera becoming friends with everyone. It’s quite amusing.”

“Maybe noona’s flaw is being too nice.” Jooheon said, Minah smiled to herself.

“I’m glad she isn’t like that now. It’s time Sera gets a taste of her own medicine.”

“Do you think she’ll do something tonight? Young noona?” Jooheon asked as they reached the gymnasium, his eyes went to a familiar figure amongst the crowd.

“Minah!” One of the ladies spoke, the girl looked up and smiled at the sight of her old swim team, and Shownu was already with them.

“Unnie!”

“I’ll go see my friends, noona. Have fun.” Jooheon said, he gave Shownu a small wave before heading away from the group. Jooheon saw his classmates and was about to walk towards them but then he saw Miyoung chatting with a few of her friends, the girl looked a little tensed but there was someone standing right next to her. And the middle-aged man looked a little out of place.

“Did she change secretaries? Or is that one of our old professors?”

 

 

 

“I had a feeling you wouldn’t have the time, you said you’d be busy this week for wedding preparations.” Shownu spoke as they walked towards the snack bar, Minah grinned at him.

“You don’t have to make small talk, sunbae. It’s okay.”

Shownu blinked at her, stunned.

“It’s written all over your face, something’s bothering you. If you want to talk about it, I’m all ears.” She offered as she picked up a sandwich, Shownu looked at the girl.

“Because, personally, there’s so much going on in my head right now, and I’d like a distraction,” She continued as they walked towards one of the empty tables, she saw Sera from across the hall and her forehead creased.

“Why? Did something come up?” Shownu asked while pulling the chair for her.

“Kind of. And it’s about to go down.” She shrugged at him, Shownu nodded and sat beside her.

“What’s up, sunbae? You…seem tensed. Is it work? Is my sister giving you problems?”

“Work is fine.” Shownu replied as he pulled his glass of water towards him, Minah noticed how the older male loosened his tie. She nodded, waiting for him to continue, but he remained silent as he turned his glass around.

“Sunbae?”

“You’re right. It’s your sister.”

Minah’s eyes widened on her seat, but she didn’t turn to him. She didn’t mean to seriously talk about Miyoung.

“W—What do you mean?”

Shownu leaned back on his seat, his eyes were across the hall, Minah followed his gaze and her brows went up.

“She told me about her and Hyungwon.”

Minah’s head spun so quick that Shownu blinked at her.

“I assume that….you also know.” He softly said, Minah didn’t react, not really knowing what to say and also, she had no idea what else he knows. Or, how much he knew.

“I’m sorry, Meens. I think I need to go.” Shownu said, the girl shook her head.

“Sunbae, I~”

“I..don’t know…I shouldn’t have said that. I should go. Minah, can we talk tomorrow?”

“O—Of course.” She said, the male slowly stood up.

“But, what are you~”

“Unnie,” A familiar voice made the two pause, Minah noticed how Shownu quickly looked away.

“Are you leaving? Already?” Miyoung faced the older male, Minah grimaced and stared at her fingers.

“I am. I have~”

“I have someone I’d like to introduce, although, I’m not sure if you two remember him. We met five years ago.” Miyoung said with a smile, Minah turned and noticed the man beside her sister.

“Five years?” She repeated, Shownu was already staring at the male.

 

 

 

“You…You let her go…alone?” Ara balked as Hyungwon moved the pasta around his plate, he looked at her nodded.

“I thought we were going to talk about..us?” He asked, Ara puffed her cheeks in reply.

“We were, but you knew she was taking that man to the party.”

“Yes, she did mention it over breakfast, I think.”

“And, you’re not concerned?”

Hyungwon leaned back on his chair, his eyes went to Eunyoung, they were at a family restaurant and the place had an area for children to play.

“No.”

“Chae Hyungwon! That girl is dangerous, you said it yourself, she wanted to get rid of Miyoung.”

“And here I thought you’d be awkward with her.” He commented with a smile, Eunyoung paused and looked at their table, the girl waved at them.

Hyungwon and Ara waved back.

“No, she’s one of the nicest people I’ve met. But, don’t distract me!” Ara hissed at him, he grinned at the lady.

“I’m not worried, her brother and sister will be there, her best friend too. And,”

“And what?” Ara took a small sip from her drink.

“He will be there too.”

“Who? That man?”

“Yes, him.”

“I saw photos of him. Damn, Miyoung has taste. Even I would be angry if someone tried to~ But, that’s not the point here. What if she gets hurt? That Sera girl is kind of psycho.” Ara continued, Hyungwon grew amused.

“Miyoung’s well-armed. Don’t worry.” Hyungwon said as he leaned over to cut her steak.

“I’m glad you two met.”

“Coming from you, that sounds weird. But okay.” Hyungwon replied, Ara shook her head at him.

“Although, I do worry about one thing.”

“What?”

“Her anger.” He replied as he pushed the plate back towards her.

“Why?” She said as she started eating.

“She’s become so powerful, I’m sure she can take care of the whole Sera issue. But,” Hyungwon puffed his cheeks.

“I hope she doesn’t lose herself in that anger. I feel like someone should talk to her about this, but..I don’t know if someone will be able to.”

 

 

 

Jooheon leaned back on his seat, while his friends continued chatting on their table. He saw Sehun walk in the party and he waved him over while standing up.

“I don’t see the twins. Whoa, I haven’t referred to them as that in a while. Maybe it’s because we’re here.” He muttered, Jooheon grinned.

“I saw Minah noona chatting with Shownu hyung earlier, but Young noona has this~”

“Minah-ya!”

The two males paused and saw Sera walking towards one of the tables at the front, Sehun followed her gaze and realized that the Hwang girls and Shownu were joined by another male. He looked older than them, and he stood out way too much.

“That looks like trouble.” He heard Jooheon mutter under his breath, Sehun walked towards them.

“You don’t remember him? How about you, Sera? Do you remember this mister?” Miyoung asked with a sickeningly sweet smile, Sehun halted.

“Even you, oppa?” Miyoung asked, Shownu shook his head at the girl.

Sehun turned to Sera and noticed that she had gone pale. She wasn’t even blinking as she stared at the male beside Miyoung.

“This is mister Han. Han Jungsoo. He owns that bungee jump place we went to years back.” Miyoung said, keeping her tone flat.

“Oh.” Minah blurted out, her eyes immediately went to Shownu.

“I’m sure Sera remembers him.” Miyoung’s eyes focused on the other girl, Sera’s lower lip quivered.

“You’re bringing this up now, that’s a little insensitive of you, Young-ah.” She said through gritted teeth.

“I always have been unfeeling. But, why won’t you say hi to him? I heard you two are pretty close. You even know his bank account number.” She chimed in, Sehun noticed how Sera’s fingers trembled.

“I mean, you asked him this really huge favor~”

“Why don’t you shut up? You are clearly making everyone uncomfortable by bringing that up.”

“Me? Making everyone uncomfortable?” Miyoung chuckled, Shownu glanced at her.

“Would you like me to tell them how mister Han got acquainted with you? Or should~”

Sera suddenly grabbed the girl by the arm and started pulling her, but she was blocked.

“Sera,”

Sera halted, her eyes widened, realizing who was standing before her.

“Don’t do this. This is a party, our friends are here.” Shownu spoke, Sehun flinched and looked at Jooheon from across the party.

“Oppa, she’s making you uncomfortable too. The accident, you almost died~” Sera froze when Shownu slowly reached for her hand and quickly removed it from Miyoung’s.

“You’re hurting her.” He simply said as he slowly stood between the two women, blocking Sera’s view of Miyoung.

“I think our friends should know.” Miyoung blurted out with a smile, some of their old schoolmates were staring at them.

“Hey, Hwang Miyoung!” Sera hissed at her, Shownu exhaled, his forehead creasing.

“Oppa, do you know what she said to me when I came back?” Miyoung said as she stepped forward.

“She said that I am the reason why you almost got killed. Because I was reckless and you were too good.” She said, Shownu didn’t reply.

“But, what you don’t know, or what people don’t know,” Miyoung continued, she knew she got people’s attention now.

“Sera here, paid mister Han to make some…adjustments with the gear when it was my turn to jump.” She stated, Shownu’s eyes widened and he looked at Sera.

“Oppa, she’s lying. I would never~”

“Miss Hwang is not lying. It’s true, this lady contacted me a few hours ago before their group arrived. She had a photo of miss Hwang with her and she asked me to~”

“Shut up!”

“You don’t get to talk here, ankles.” Miyoung spat at her, the girl flinched. Minah grimaced and looked at Sehun, he was sitting down, chewing on a sandwich with a grin on his face.

“True, I was a brat, I probably still am. I was reckless, and I always got what I wanted. But, I would never resort to murder just to get someone else’s boyfriend. This isn’t some poorly made soap opera.” She chuckled, the hall had gone silent.

“She’s lying! Come on, this is Hwang Miyoung, everyone! No one even knows if she’s really married to that New York business~”

“You can check the Internet, there’s proof there that she transferred funds to mister Han’s account a few hours after the accident. So, she had the time to send money while my boyfriend was in the operating room fighting for his life.” Miyoung continued, unflinching.

“While I was having stitches done due to the cuts on the knees, you were on the phone paying him.” Miyoung stated as she took another step closer to the girl.

“You thought,” Miyoug began, keeping her voice low.

“You thought you’d win, that no one would find out. Hurting me would have been fine, I would have let it go. However, you hurt the one person I’ve always cared about. Of all the people you could mess with, of all the people you could hurt~”

“You don’t love him, Miyoung. You married somebody else.” Sera spat at her.

“You? You can’t even get one guy, I was gone for five years. You had so many ing chances!” She started to laugh, Sera looked away.

“You know what, I’ll stoop down to your level so that you’ll understand,” She replied, Minah grew nervous, but Shownu stood behind Miyoung, unmoving, but he was listening.

“You should have realized that the moment I stepped back in Seoul, that was the beginning of your end, want to know why?” Miyoung’s old smile appeared again.

“You thought you could replace me, you got chummy with my siblings, flirted with my boyfriend like I wasn’t there. Even though I treated you genuinely, I was nice to you even though you had the worst breath back then, you still wanted me dead. And you almost got that wish.” Miyoung shrugged and then she glanced at mister Han.

“I will get back everything you took from me. And, I’ll make sure you will return to your friendless loser self from before.” She winked at the girl before turning her back to Sera.

“Hwang Miyoung, you ing ~” Sera was about to grab Miyoung’s hair, Jooheon moved forward but Shownu caught the other girl’s arm.

“Oppa, she’s making this all up! She’s lying, you can’t~”

“Don’t touch her.” Shownu said as he pushed her arm away from them, his eyebrows grew knitted together as Sera continued to glare at the other girl.

“Do not touch her.” He stated again before walking after a retreating Miyoung.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++