001

Untitled

 

 

Good morning, Mrs. Chae,” The blonde haired au pair greeted the lady as she walked in the kitchen, she smiled back at her.

When will you ever call me Miyoung, Jane?” She said as she rolled up the sleeves of her Balenciaga cardigan to her elbows.

Eunyoung will be up in a bit, ma’am. I already prepared her breakfast.” Jane spoke as she set the tray on the counter, Miyoung nodded back at her.

Does she still refuse cereal?

Ever since her father showed her how much sugar was in her Lucky Charms, she won’t touch them.” Jane said with a small laugh, Miyoung shook her head and took out some kimchi.

I’ll take care of things here, you can go check on Eunyoung.” She spoke, knowing that the girl didn’t really enjoy the scent of kimchi.

Miyoung proceeded to take out some eggs and other condiments. She heard footsteps from the stairs and she glanced up.

“Eunyoung’s still asleep?”

“Really? Lucky Charms?” Miyoung spoke, Hyungwon broke into a smile and sat down on one of the stools and watched as the girl prepared food.

“You were craving for something spicy.” He spoke, she nodded and looked at him.

“I’m making kimchi fried rice, want some?”

He nodded back, his phone pinged and he took it out.

“She loves Lucky Charms so much, how could you destroy that for her?”

“I didn’t destroy it for her, I just said that if she had too much sugar then she’d have to see the dentist often.”

“And..that’s better?”

Hyungwon was about to speak but they could their daughter’s voice echoing from the stairs, she was happily chatting with the au pair.

Good morning, mommy!” She said as she zoomed in the kitchen.

“Eunyoung-ah, no running. The kitchen is dangerous, mommy’s cooking too.” Hyungwon spoke in his usual calm but firm tone, Miyoung winked at her and Eunyoung eyed her father warily.

“Good morning to you too, abeoji.” She said in Korean, Jane shook her head and prepared the child’s seat.

You look pretty today, did you choose this outfit by yourself?” Miyoung smiled as she leaned down to kiss her cheek, Eunyoung hopped to Hyungwon.

He leaned down to pick her up and made the girl sit on his lap.

“What are your plans today, young miss?”

Jane and I are going to the park today. We made sandwiches last night, we’re going to eat them there.” She said excitedly, Miyoung was about to chime in when her phone started ringing.

Hyungwon glanced at her, he noticed how his wife’s forehead creased as she stared at her phone.

“She’s been calling for days,” He said as he put Eunyoung down, Miyoung didn’t react. Hyungwon walked to her and reached for her hand.

“Mi~”

“It’s fine, I’ll…check on it later.” She murmured, Hyungwon slowly nodded at her and kissed the back of her wrist.

 

 

 

With a heavy sigh, the girl set her phone down on the table and looked away. Her fiancé looked up from his laptop, confused.

“What was that?”

“I don’t even know.” She replied as she leaned back on the couch and pushed her heels away from her, he broke into a small smile before joining her.

“What is that you don’t know?” He asked as he pulled the girl to his chest, the latter sighed again.

“I’ve been trying to reach her for days. She won’t open my messages, I don’t know if she got my emails. And, she’s probably only staring at her phone as it rings.”

“Miyoung?”

“Who else?”

“Does she know? You said you sent her an invitation.” Sehun spoke as he ran her fingers through her hair, she shook her head.

“I sent her one via her email, I don’t know where she’s staying at. Nobody knows where she is, New York isn’t an easy place to look into.” She said darkly, Sehun paused, his brows went up.

“It’s so hard to even get a short reply from her, and…why can’t…”

“You know it’s difficult for her.”

“I know that, but it’s the same thing for me too. It’s been five years, Sehun-ah. She should come back. Or maybe at least return my calls.”

Sehun nodded, unsure of what to say. Everything was unsure when it came to Minah’s younger sister.

“I want to say that you should give her time, but you’re right. It’s been a long while. But,” Sehun said as he made the girl face him, Minah rolled her eyes at him.

“Are you going to talk some logic into me again? Because I really am starting to be annoyed at her.”

“You’re right, Miyoung should at least text you back. But,”

Minah rolled her eyes at him, he smiled and kissed her cheek.

“I have a good feeling about this, she’ll call you back.”

“Really? Because chances are, I might win the lottery than even having a text back from her.” She pointed out, Sehun chuckled and poked her nose.

“Your sister will call you back.”

 

 

 

“Vice president,”

The tall male turned as his secretary walked into his room, he nodded for him to continue.

“This arrived just now.” The male said as he set the ivory cream colored envelope on his desk, he noticed the initials stamped on it and his brows rose.

“Everyone’s talking about it, sir. A union between two big companies, it’s quite fascinating.”

“Companies? They’re two individuals.” He said with a small smile as sat down and opened the envelope, his lips quirked up as he read his friend’s name.

“You’ve always been close with vice chairman Lee,”

“Minah’s an old friend.” He replied as he went through the pages, and then he paused, noticing the list of the nuptials.

Her name was there.

“Vice president Son?”

Hyunwoo looked up, he set the invitation down.

“I was just telling you about vice chairman Lee, she called in earlier hoping that she could meet with you.”

“Really? Why didn’t she call me instead?” He stood up and picked up his phone, his secretary nodded back at him.

“You were in a meeting, will you be calling her back?”

“I will, you can go.” Shownu dismissed him, the latter smiled and excused himself. The young executive waited for his secretary to leave, he exhaled and set his phone down again.

“It’s been five years.” He said softly.

“Five years.” He repeated, he was about to pick up his phone when the doors opened again. Two people appeared, Shownu saw his secretary looking apologetic as the young lady strolled into his room.

“Oppa,” She beamed at him, he nodded back.

“Are you busy? Let’s grab lunch together.” She said before giving him a hug, he gently patted her back and pulled back.

“I just got off a meeting, let’s go.”

“Your secretary still won’t let me in, I don’t need an appointment to see you.” She frowned at him, Shownu’s secretary left the room while rolling his eyes.

“I’ll remind him about that, what do you feel like eating?” He asked her as they stepped out of his office, the girl smiled and hooked arms with him.

“A new café opened in Garusogil, let’s try the place.”

 

 

 

Miyoung leaned forward and looked at her laptop’s screen again, her forehead creased.

You don’t like it.

She looked at the male across her.

I get the whole minimalist approach we’re having, but these…the jewels are too small. I’m not even sure what I’m looking at. I’m sorry.” She pressed her palms together, the male laughed.

The chairman also said the same thing, he just wanted to run it by you before anything else. How many carats do we need for something like this?

Miyoung pursed her lips, Hyungwon was usually the one who dealt when it came to the design, all she did was the other side of work stuff.

Maybe three? Or two, at the least. Let’s discuss cut and clarity at the next meeting.” She said, the male nodded and left her office. Miyoung spun her chair around and took in Manhattan’s afternoon view before her, she exhaled and looked at her wrist.

The girl was about to stand when her phone pinged, she picked it up, seeing an unidentified number on the screen. She tapped on the message and she paused.

“U—Unnie?” She blurted, seeing the photos and the list of names before her.

“They’re getting married.” She said softly, and then she put her phone down.

“She’ll…hate me if I…I’m not there.”

Miyoung heard the doors open, Hyungwon walked in, noticing that his wife looked distracted.

“I got a call from Seoul,” He began, Miyoung turned to face him.

“I accidentally opened a text from Seoul.”

His brows rose, amused at her reply.

“I see your whole avoiding them thing has failed you.” He spoke as he sat down, Miyoung shook her head.

“Unnie’s getting married.”

“I know, that’s what my secretary told me. He thought that we should know. It’s to this Oh Sehun. Korea Air.”

“Yes, I know him. Hyungwon-ah,” She trailed off, the male’s gaze went to her, he could see how Miyoung was still trying to process things.

“I’ll give you time to think about it, but, whatever you want to do, I’m right behind you. You know that.”

“Going home,” She suddenly spoke, Hyungwon paused, he stood up and walked towards her.

“It’s scary, Hyungwon-ah.” She stated, Hyungwon didn’t say anything, he simply gave her hand a small squeeze before leaving her office.

 

 

 

Sehun was smiling as he put the phone down, he could see that the messages have been opened, surely Miyoung have seen the photos.

He leaned back on his seat and swiveled it around.

“She’ll surely fly back now. She promised.” He said under his breath, he heard the doors open and he turned. Minah came walking in, she had a permanent crease on her forehead as she sat down.

“What’s up? What’s bothering you?” Sehun stood up and opened his arms to her, the girl sighed and let him wrap his arms around her.

“I had two meetings today, they all want to rush my promotion. Abeoji has signed the papers without telling me, I have two months for transition.”

“So, it’s president Hwang, now?” Sehun said with a small smile as he kissed the crown of her head.

“There’s only one of me. I feel like they’re expecting too much.” She mumbled on, Sehun pulled back to see her face.

“My offer still stands, you know that.”

“Ah, that offer? I should just quit and be your wife?”

“That, or you can take a leave and rest for a while, I can handle things for you while you’re away.” Sehun said and he winked at her.

“Sure, because running an airline is an easy job, that you’re willing to take another one.”

“Hey, I have my cousins here.” Sehun mused before kissing her cheek and letting go.

“Good for you, I only have one sibling, and I don’t even know where she is. Who knows? She might have gotten married already.” She said jokingly, Sehun chuckled at the thought of Miyoung getting married.

“You miss her, huh? She’s kind of your best friend.” Minah said as she sat down, Sehun exhaled and nodded.

“I do. But, I have a feeling she’ll come. For you.”

“For the both of us, I hope she does. I’d like my bridesmaid to be at my wedding.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++