049

Untitled

 

 

 

 

Miyoung almost dropped the box she was holding as she entered her room, Shownu turned to her with a sheepish grin on his face.

“We agreed to meet here.” He said as he took the box from the girl.

“Yes, later this afternoon, oppa. Not right now.” She sighed in reply, Shownu set the box down and peered over its contents.

“Well, I thought you needed my help.”

“Honey helped me with the heavy stuff yesterday, today I just need to arrange my cosmetics and..some shoes.” She muttered as she walked in her closet, Shownu padded after her.

“Found anything interesting?” He asked as she started arranging a couple of her heels on the shelves.

“Old books, socks with no pairs and…I uncovered,”

Shownu turned to her, his eyes wide as a deer caught on headlights.

“U—uncovered what?”

“My old exam papers.” She chuckled at him, she picked up another box that contained her perfumes.

“A—Ah, that’s..great.”

“Makes one reminisce about school, really. I was the pain in the , unnie was the smartass.” She said as she went through her dresses. Shownu was still peering over the other boxes.

“You were in the honor roll, Young.”

“I know, but I was also a frequent visitor to the principal’s office. Not going to change anything though, mister Shin stores the best fruit flavored gummies in there.” She hummed back, clearly pleased.

“You would know that.” He replied in a teasing manner, Miyoung rolled her eyes at him before leaning against one of the plush leather seats.

“I’m not even going to ask why you’re here this early, but, oppa,”

Shownu stopped and faced her.

“Remember that time, you were in your senior year…I think, you and unnie had this match over the weekend,”

“The one you missed because you had to do community service for putting super glue on Min Joosung’s seat?” Shownu grinned at her, Miyoung laughed and nodded.

“He was a bully, okay?” She reasoned in between laughs.

“Actually, I was there for a good thirty minutes. But, I had to leave quickly.”

The older male paused, his brows went up briefly.

“Really?”

“I managed to escape for a bit, I felt really bad if I missed one of your last matches, so…I went there to take a peek. I didn’t wait for them to announce the winner though, I knew you’d won.”

“But we met up for dinner that night, you said….you said you were busy the whole day.” Shownu said as he sat down on the chair she was leaning on.

“Yes, I didn’t want to seem overbearing. And, I don’t want you to feel like I was stalking you or something. I really wanted to see the match.”

Shownu’s lips curled up and he pulled the girl to his lap.

“Overbearing, you? You barely called me when I got into college.” He mused as he pulled her to his chest.

“I try not to be annoying.”

“Or you simply could never be bothered.” Shownu chuckled, Miyoung exhaled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Did you not like that I didn’t call a lot? Because, I can’t change that.” She said.

“It’s fine, it never bothered me. I know how you are.” Shownu nodded as he rubbed small circles on her back.

“But, I do call to say hi. We saw each other most weekends though.”

“Exactly.”

“I’ve always been a very easy to deal with girlfriend.” She claimed, Shownu let out a laugh and she narrowed her eyes at him.

“What?”

“High school Miyoung would never say that.”

She scoffed and buried her face against his chest again. She felt Shownu plant a small kiss on the crown of her head and she smiled.

“Yeah, high school me would never say that.”

“But still, it’s always been the same, Hwang Miyoung.” Shownu softly said.

“What?”

“I love you. Always have.”

 

 

 

“Yes! More champagne!” Minah cheered as she stood up, lifiting the bottle of golden liquid with her. Ara laughed and cheered with the Hwang girl.

Hyungwon nodded and took another sip from his glass.

“I’m…scared.” Sehun mused.

“The duo I never imagined. But, wow.” Miyoung muttered as she looked at her fake husband and twin sister smiling like villains as they watched the news.

Shownu walked in with Eunyoung in his arms.

“Why do you guys look like you’re watching a soccer match? Are we winning?” He asked, Eunyoung smiled, seeing her uncle Honey and she immediately stretched her arms for him.

“Of course, we’re winning. She’s finally being detained. Yes!” Minah cheered again as a clip of Sera being cuffed and dragged out of her office was playing on the screen.

Miyoung shook her head and looked away, she leaned over the table and got a mini sandwich for herself. The Chae household was having a delightful and a little loud Friday morning, Hyungwon wanted to celebrate Sera’s being detained for questioning and everyone was invited to come.

“The devil works hard, but Son Hyunwoo works harder.” Sehun mused at his friend, Miyoung nodded back at him.

“So, how are things with the wedding? Your bride seems a bit preoccupied to be asked. Need any help?” She asked him.

“No, no. We’re good to go. Meens pretty much has everything organized.”

Miyoung smiled at him before bumping fists with the male.

“I just…I’m really happy that my best friend is going to be my brother-in-law, all those years of putting up with you weren’t useless after all.”

Sehun rolled his eyes at her, but he was smiling.

“Well, all those years assuming that you and hyung would never get back together was useless after all. He has always been in your plate, huh? Despite being away.”

Miyoung smiled at him.

“Yes.”

“I knew it. I knew it from the moment you kind of “melted” around him in high school.”

“Shut up.” She hissed at him, and then she paused, realizing that they were all looking at her.

“Eunyoung-ah, your other mommy is being mean to me.” Sehun pouted at the toddler, Jooheon laughed.

“I was not!”

“When will they stop bickering, uncle? Aren’t they too big to be fighting like that?” Eunyoung asked Jooheon, Hyungwon and Ara burst out in laughter.

“Listen to the child, Young-ah.” Shownu mused at the girl, Miyoung sighed in reply.

“Well?” Sehun leaned in, still teasing her.

“Fine. Yes, I melted. Blech.”

“Of course, you were always “blech” when it came to feelings, Son Hyunwoo’s troublemaker.”

“Would you like to lose your bridesmaid, Oh Sehun?”

“Hwang Miyoung is the best, without her my life would be incomplete.” Sehun said in a solemn tone, the girl snorted and left the living room.

 

 

 

Shownu exhaled and rolled his chair away from his desk, things weren’t exactly working out. He had two delayed meetings for the day, and he had just gotten out of an emergency conference. He wasn’t even able to grab lunch, his secretary ordered some for him, but he really wasn’t in the mood for something oily.

He leaned back on his seat and stared at the view of Seoul before him.

“I told you, I’m fine. I don’t feel like eating.” He spoke as he heard the doors behind him open.

“I didn’t even bring you food, what are you talking about?”

Shownu paused, he spun the chair around and found Miyoung staring back at him. She was dressed in her usual business attire, a matching Dior pantsuit and a pair of heels.

“Bad day?” She said as she strolled in, she set her purse down and noticed the untouched food on the table.

“Quite so.” Shownu said, he stood up and opened his arms to her, Miyoung nodded back, letting the male envelop her in his arms.

“How bad?”

“I’m hungry, but I don’t want to eat.”

“Oh, that’s the worst. Son Hyunwoo refusing food? Yikes.” She said, the male shook his head and pulled back to see her face.

“What brings you here?”

“Well, I was thinking about checking in on the Jeju thing, but, no rush. We can do it next time.”

“But~”

“It’s fine, I can hold it off till next week. I just wanted to check if you need help or anything, but it seems like,” She walked over to his desks and looked at the documents.

“Your staff here maybe the ones needing it.” She chuckled, Shownu shook his head at her.

“Is it that Gangwon deal again? I thought you were about to close it.”

“Yes, but the department assigned to it…neglected the whole process of having to acquire the land titles, the other land titles, now I think I have to drive there.”

“Now?” She asked him, Shownu exhaled and shook his head.

“Hmm, I brought my car with me. I can drive you there.” Miyoung volunteered, Shownu closed his eyes and leaned back on the leather seat.

“I wouldn’t want to impose, vice president Hwang.” He said to her, but Miyoung was already gathering his phone and jacket.

“I’m kind of happy that my sister’s getting married, you know. I don’t think people will continue calling her vice president Hwang? Or, is that how it works here? Isn’t she supposed to take Sehun’s name now? Because back…in New York, I was called Mrs. Chae right away.” She blinked, Shownu turned to her, amused.

“I do not know how to respond to that.”

“Sorry.” She bit her lip, Shownu laughed and stood up.

“Maybe they will address her as Mrs. Oh, but her title at work..may remain the same.” He said as he let Miyoung help her with his jacket.

“Ah, my dreams to be the only miss Hwang have been crushed.” She hummed as she patted his shoulders, Shownu turned to her with a curious smile.

“You’d like to remain miss Hwang for a longer time?”

“This sounds like a trick question, meet you downstairs?” She blinked at him, but she knew that he was joking.

“Is it?”

“Just a few minutes ago, you were in a bad mood. Now I get playful Shownu.” She muttered, Shownu chuckled and nodded at her.

“I’ll get my car and see you downstairs. We should also have you fed.” She muttered before standing on her toes and planting a quick kiss on his lips.

“I want seafood.” Shownu stated, the girl nodded and stepped out of the room.

Shownu exhaled and looked around his office while fixing his tie.

“The ring. The ring. The ring.” He mumbled to himself before calling for his secretary.

 

 

 

“What time did you get back last night? Minah was worried.”

Miyoung had her Airpods on as she rearranged the books on her shelf, Eunyoung was visiting and the toddler was having the time of her life at the garden with uncle Honey.

“Almost two in the morning, oppa and I drove to Gangwon.”

“Gangwon?”

“He has this work thing, I wanted to tag along. We had…a little too much fun at this retro arcade, then we visited this amusement park.”

“Shownu hyung’s work…..never touched the fun and leisure industry.” Sehun replied, Miyoung chuckled and nodded.

“After his meeting, we went to have fun. Fine, I said it.”

“Oh, you two were like high school lovers, skipping class and having fun.” Sehun cooed, Miyoung shook her head and pushed another box towards her shelf.

“Well, you both deserve it. All the missed dates and~”

“I swear to god, Oh Sehun.” She said through gritted teeth, Sehun smiled from the other end.

“I’m just calling to ask if Eunyoung isn’t allergic to chocolate. Minah ordered this cake for her, she forgot to call Hyungwon about it.”

“No, she isn’t.”

“That’s great. I was debating what to get her for her birthday. Meens decided on a backpack.”

“That’d be useful for school.”

“I know, Meens said that Hermes makes these cute backpacks for toddlers.” Sehun chuckled, Miyoung paused, she slowly shook her head. Of course, her sister would get Eunyoung an Hermes bag.

“Of course, Jansports are so overrated.”

“Exactly. Anyway, things are okay, right? With you and Hyunwoo hyung? I always meant to ask.”

“Yes, things are fine. I….We didn’t really..have to go through this adjustment phase, I guess? I mean, we may have left things…unsorted out before, but..I don’t know how to explain it, Oh Sehun. It…”

“It’s always been easy with him?”

“Like breathing.” She said with a small smile on her face.

“I kind of realized that the moment you two got together.”

“I know. Stop gloating.” Miyoung said, she walked back to her bed and her eyes landed on her bedside table.

“But, Sehun-ah,”

“Hmm?”

“While I was away, did unnie use my room? Or…was it used for storage?”

“I don’t think so. Why?”

Miyoung hummed back, she picked up the small brown paper bag that was heavily tapped all around.

“I was cleaning my wardrobe earlier, well, the top shelves, when I found this odd looking brown bag. It’s taped on all sides. And, I’m sure it isn’t mine. Whoever taped this has zero creativity.” She stated, she waited for Sehun to reply, but he didn’t.

“Sehun? Are you still there?”

Then the line went dead.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++