010

Untitled

 

 

“Why are you rushing, Mrs. Oh?” Miyoung asked as the car pulled to full halt, she stared at the coffee shop before them.

“Why would I want to yell at you in a furniture shop? Let’s do it here.” Minah replied, she got down from the car and marched towards building. Miyoung shook her head and followed her sister.

“Unnie,”

“You can start by explaining why you suddenly disappeared at the hospital five years ago, Miyoung.” She stated as they walked towards the counter, Miyoung flinched and asked for a cappuccino.

“You were injured pretty badly, how..how could you leave like that?” Minah pressed on, she glanced at her sister, she could see how Miyoung was frowning as she stared at the menu.

“Scratch that, don’t answer that question if you don’t want to,”

“Why? Why did you leave?”

Miyoung’s forehead creased slightly, and she faced her sister.

“Because I realized I …needed a change of scenery, unnie. I…was a mess, you know that.”

“Miyoung-ah, it was an accident and~”

“I’ll go reserve us a table. I’d like a muffin too.” Miyoung stated before walking away from her, Minah exhaled and took out her phone.

You must be busy. Let’s meet up next time. -Shownu

“They….What if they run into each other?” Minah quietly said as she took out her wallet and handed her card to the lady behind the counter.

Minah glanced at her sibling, Miyoung was already seated. Her younger sister looked different, but she was still herself. Her hair was past her shoulders and it was in her natural black. She was wearing a nice long black dress, probably Balmain, and she had on a long Fendi coat.

“She looks so put together, it’s weird.” She smiled to herself and took her coffee.

“You can start.” Minah said as she sat across the younger girl.

“I’ve been living in New York. Manhattan, actually.”

“You didn’t bother to send a postcard, nice.”

Miyoung flinched, she picked up her coffee and took a sip.

“I’m working for this jewelry company, unnie, I help run their financials and all that..crap.” She traile off, Minah was about to speak when she noticed her sister’s earrings.

“Those are pretty big, Young.” She said, Miyoung paused and her fingers went to her earlobes.

“Jewelry company. I—It has its….perks.” Miyoung stuttered, Minah shook her head at the girl.

“Have you been well?” She asked, Miyoung nodded back.

“I guess I don’t need to tell how we’ve been doing, Sehun must have told you already.”

“No. Unnie, I’d like to help you out with the wedding too. Well, if you’re done grilling me.” Miyoung said, Minah sighed again and looked at her.

“I know you don’t want to answer questions now, and I respect that. I’m glad you decided to show yourself.”

She chuckled and nodded.

“You gave me no choice, you’re marrying my best friend.” She shrugged, her playful smile returning, Miyoung nodded back.

You look like you, but you don’t sound like you.

“I’m literally your twin sister.” She shot back, Miyoung chuckled.

“Yeah, that too. But Sehun knows all my secrets so,”

Minah snorted and picked up her drink.

“How about dinner? Are you free?” She asked the younger girl, she noticed how Miyoung pressed her lips together.

“Abeoji and eomma are out of town, they’re still in Italy or something. Don’t worry.”

“I—Are they mad at me?”

“You have no idea.” Minah replied as she picked on her muffin, Miyoung puffed her cheeks.

“Your room remains untouched, so if you want~”

“It’s fine, unnie. I…I rented this..nice place downtown, don’t worry. I’ll be there for dinner though.”

 

 

 

“I’ll bring some wine over, unnie.” Miyoung said to her, Minah nodded back and watched as a black Rolls Royce Phantom pulled over in front of the girl, a male went down and opened the door for her.

Minah’s brows rose, Miyoung gave her a wave before getting inside the vehicle.

“What’s going on? Why is she being chauffeured around with a car like that?” She said to herself, she took her phone out and dialed.

Sehun answered a few calls.

“Minah, I can~”

“Let’s talk about that later, but why,”

“Why what?”

“I just had coffee with a stranger, Sehun. My sister…she doesn’t sound like her. She’s….so different.”

Sehun was quiet for a few seconds.

“I see you’ve….met my surprise.”

Minah sighed and got inside the car, she gestured for the driver to step on the gas.

“What happened?”

“To be honest, I…don’t know. We did meet up, we chatted over lunch, and..”

“She was like a stranger?”

“She seemed like her, but it also felt that she didn’t. And I didn’t ask any more questions because I had a feeling she wasn’t up to answering any.”

Minah leaned back on the seat, she could almost see him smile from the other end.

“You wanna know how it happened?”

“Let’s hear it.” Sehun said lightly.

“I was supposed to meet sunbae at the furniture shop, we agreed to chat over coffee. He said he wanted to talk about something,” Minah fiddled with strap of her watch.

“I got there first, and then I saw Miyoung. I…For a moment, I panicked, Sehun-ah.”

“You panicked? Why?”

“I was worried what would happen if sunbae saw her. How..And I know I shouldn’t have…but,”

“See? You know I’m right.” Sehun chuckled.

“Now’s not the time to be joking about this.”

“You were worried how hyung would react because you know that he’s not over her. He never got over Miyoung.”

“She left him, Sehun.” Minah sighed.

“We can never tell, no one knows what really happened. So, now, can we stop having Sera over?”

Minah snorted at him, Sehun laughed again.

“Darling, stop overthinking about it. Miyoung’s home for our wedding, and we should focus on that. Not on the ex-lovers. ”

“Can you not used that term?”

Sehun let out a small laugh.

“So, does Jooheon know too? Or is my brother been marked safe from your betrayal?”

“He also knows. Yell at him too.”

 

 

 

Shownu walked through the doors, he loosened his tie and made his way up to his private study. His phone had been ringing since early in the afternoon and he knew why.

Ever since the lunch with Sera, his mother had been calling him.

And he wasn’t eager to speak with the elder yet, Shownu reached the room and sat down in front of his computer.

He leaned back on the chair and pinched the bridge of his nose, he heard the door creak open and he looked up.

“Sir, you asked for the files to be delivered here?” His secretary asked as he stepped in the room, Shownu sat up and nodded back.

“Yes, I have an early appointment tomorrow. And, did Minah call? I was supposed to meet her.” He spoke as he pulled himself towards the desk, he glanced at the drawer and he pursed his lips.

“President Hwang did leave a message, she wants to know if lunch tomorrow is okay,”

Shownu nodded and checked the files.

“I’ll call her myself, and,”

“Are you going to inform me regarding miss Yoo, sir?”

“My mother called you?” Shownu asked, the latter grimaced and nodded.

“No, Sera remains a friend. She does not need an appointment when she comes by.”

“Noted on that, chairman. Is there anything else I can help you with?”

Shownu thanked the male and dismissed him, he reached for the drawer and yanked it open. A brown envelope came into view, he slowly picked it up.

With eyebrows furrowed together, he opened it and a couple of photos slid down.

“Chairman,” His secretary came in again, Shownu waved him over, the male walked towards his boss.

“This is regarding our Asia Pacific expansion,” He was about to place the pile of documents on his desk when his eyes landed on the photos on the desk. He paused, and looked at the young executive.

“Is she the president Hwang’s sister? I think I’ve heard about her,”

Shownu nodded in reply, he stared at the photo again. It was taken years ago, during his college graduation, Miyoung was facing the camera with a small smile while Shownu stood next to the girl, his eyes were on her.

“Isn’t that president Hwang, sir? At the back?”

Minah was standing a few steps behind them, she was holding onto his graduation cap with a grin.

“Yes, that…that’s her twin. Miyoung.” Shownu cleared his throat, his secretary nodded.

“She’s very beautiful.” The latter commented before excusing himself, Shownu exhaled, he put the photo down.

“Always.” He murmured to himself as he stood up to pour himself a drink.

 

 

 

Jooheon was pouting as he turned his head to his sister and soon to be brother-in-law. The three were standing before a fuming Minah.

“You were planning to keep this from me till the wedding?” She hissed.

“Well, not exactly. Noona had plans to attend your engagement~”

“That’s three weeks from now! Almost a month!” She barked, Jooheon flinched and his behind Miyoung.

“Unnie, give him a break. I reached out to Sehun first.”

“Hey!” Sehun complained, Miyoung looked at her sister.

“Whoa, you reach out to him, but not to me, your twin? I’m touched.”

Miyoung’s forehead creased, Jooheon smiled and held onto her hand.

“Noona, I know you’re still a little mad~”

“A little?” Minah replied, Jooheon winced again.

“Big mad at us, but noona’s back and we’re complete again.”

“Why does this feel like we’re a bunch of kindergarteners being scolded?” Miyoung murmured to Sehun.

“Exactly, this is like the time we got caught super gluing teacher Im’s chair. We were in the first grade.” Sehun whispered back, Minah sighed at them and the two best friends straightened up.

“Unnie, I know it was wrong of me to not…contact you, but I was..I was fixing myself.”

The room grew quiet, Sehun looked away and walked towards the windows.

“I…When Ieft, I had so many issues. You know that, you all know how I was back then. I wanted….I wanted time alone to get my together. And I am aware that by leaving I hurt you and the whole family. But, I really needed it, unnie. And I know it will take time for you to trust me again, but, I’m here now.”

“Miyoung-ah, you left your hospital bed. The doctors said~”

“I’m here until the wedding, and I’m here to help you. I heard weddings can be quite a handful, that’s why I’m here.” Miyoung intervened, Jooheon’s brows rose, sensing the girl’s discomfort.

Minah met Sehun’s gaze again, the male gave her a slight nod, signaling for her to let it go.

“I..still have questions, Young-ah.”

Jooheon looked at Miyoung and gave her hand a small squeeze.

“I’ll…In due time maybe…I can answer them, but now, unnie, I want to focus on you and my best friend finally tying the knot.” Miyoung said as she sat down next to her twin sister, Minah sighed and faced her.

“You’re lucky eomma and abeoji are still enjoying their cruise by the Italian coast.”

Miyoung grinned and opened her arms, Minah snorted before wrapping her arms around the younger girl.

“Welcome home, Miyoung-ah, it was…quite boring without you.”

“Of course, no troublemaker Miyoung to keep everyone on their toes.” Miyoung playfully said and she pulled away from her.

“So, dinner?” She asked, Minah nodded back.

“Go ahead, I have to make some calls. Jooheon please do not touch the oven without mittens on.”

Jooheon chuckled and linked arms with Miyoung before heading to the kitchen. Minah stood up and turned to Sehun.

“She’s home.” Sehun said to the girl.

“She left him when he needed her the most.”

“Minah~”

“I thought..she loved him, or was I wrong?” Minah shrugged before reaching out to kiss his jaw.

“I have to check on my meetings tomorrow with this new bank we’re dealing with. I’m leaving you in charge.” She patted his hand before stepping out of the living room.

“Maybe we were, maybe it was something else.” Sehun said to himself just as Jooheon started screaming from the kitchen.

“Right, I’m in charge.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++