041

Untitled

 

 

 

“Is this part of the therapy too?” Miyoung asked as Ara walked beside her, the girl chuckled and shook her head.

“No, but we do have this counselling session next week. Maybe you can come?”

“If you need me there, then yes.” Miyoung replied as they got on the escalator together.

“Hyungwon…and I have been talking.”

“That’s good. You can be Mrs. Chae now.” Miyoung teasingly said, Ara sent her a look and they got inside the department store.

“About you, actually.”

“Oh no.”

“Miyoung…he mentioned that you’ve been…buying companies..and causing a lot of headaches for this one person.” Ara stated, Miyoung turned to her and nodded.

“Yes, I have. It’s been fun.”

“He’s just worried you might get hurt, that’s all. He didn’t ask me to talk you out of it, we all know I can’t. And I shouldn’t.”

“Did he tell why?” Miyoung asked, a little distracted as she picked up a nice Versace dress, it was in all black and there was this metallic snake at the back that held the dress together, she called for the sales assistant.

“No. Do I want to know why?”

“Hmm, I can give you a summary.” She grinned before facing the other lady and asked her if the dress came in different colors.

“Remember why I left?”

“Vaguely, yes. I never…asked about the details.” Ara said as she walked with the girl, Miyoung sighed and picked up a pair of strappy patent heels.

“I was..blaming myself for something I didn’t even do, Ara. I thought I was the reason why he almost died. My ex-boyfriend. Or, whatever should I call him.”

“But, what really happened?”

Miyoung’s lips curled up as she stared at the pair of YSL heels.

“That person wanted me gone so that she could steal my boyfriend.”

Ara halted, she almost tripped on the tiled floor.

“What?”

“Funny thing is, I left for like…five years, and she still hasn’t been able to grab him. Like, what the hell?”

Ara flinched and looked away, but Miyoung was chuckling.

“All that wasted effort, still can’t get the guy.” She spat as she put the shoes down. Miyoung may be smiling, but Ara knew something was definitely up.

“Miyoung~”

“I already made way for her, and she still can’t get the ing guy.”

Ara frowned at her, she tried to reach for her hand but Miyoung let out a shaky breath and turned away from her.

“It makes me want to get him back.”

 

 

 

Jooheon flinched as his sister turned to them, Sehun was staring at his watch’s face, probably hoping for time to go faster.

“I…I can’t…That !” Minah slammed her palm against the desk, the two grown men flinched.

“Whoa, Miyoung helped her throughout high school. She was bullied for her ankles! For crying out loud!”

“Meens~”

“And now she pulls this on my sister? Even Shownu sunbae!” Minah stood up and leaned against the desk.

“So, five years ago at that…bungee jump facility, that was her? How…” She trailed off, Sehun looked at the girl.

“Sera knew that Miyoung was going to drink, and honestly, she was a little…tipsy that time, we all were. And Sera is aware how bold Young can be, so..she paid the man who operated the ride. But she didn’t realized that hyung would go anywhere with her.”

Minah pressed her lips together and looked away, Jooheon leaned back on his seat, unsure of what to say. Hearing it again just made him realize how ed up it was, he was there when his sister helped Sera because she being bullied at school. Miyoung may be rash and blunt, but she was always nice to Sera. She was a genuine friend to her.

“She wanted to kill my sister.”

The room grew quiet, Sehun could only stare at her.

“Wait, in what universe did she think that Shownu sunbae would choose her?” Minah started to laugh.

“It was never going to be her, Sehun. I knew that. I knew from the moment he looked at her. I knew!”

“You….knew, noona?” Jooheon asked, Minah sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

“Sunbae..he’s always been the nice guy, you know. I mean, he’s approachable and easy to talk to. But, with Miyoung, he was staring. Blatantly staring. And he could not control it. I’m even surprised that my sister didn’t notice right away.”

“I noticed.” Sehun stated, she nodded at him.

“And then the questions started. He would occasionally ask random things about her, he thought I didn’t notice, but again, I did!”

“But, when Young noona left you…kind of pushed him to Sera.”

“Shut up!” Minah hissed, Jooheon shrunk on his seat.

“Because, I thought she’d moved on. Honey, she was gone for five years, no calls, no emails. I was worried that if Shownu sunbae kept on holding onto her…and if she went home already with someone,” She trailed off.

“But that’s not the case. We just told you.” Sehun softly said, the girl’s forehead creased.

“Yes. You’ve unloaded chapters worth of information just now. I have yet to process, but that’s not the point!”

“Hyungwon did nothing wrong. He simply took her in, and they made this sort of agreement. The thing with Eunyoung…it’s not even a problem.” Minah said, Sehun could see how the girl was trying to process everything at once.

“Noona, should I get some snacks for us?” Jooheon blurted out.

“Does this make sense? She did that to my sister. My sister!” Minah hollered as she started to pace back and forth behind her table.

“Minah-ya, we’re not sure if Miyoung’s aware that we know this. But~”

Minah paused, her eyes focused on him and she started to smile.

“So, Miyoung knows.”

“Everything.” Sehun replied, Jooheon his lips.

“This is all her? Her place, her car, the company. And even those credit card issues.”

“Well, the credit card thing was Hyungwon and..I. But, she did more damage.”

“Honestly, noona, at this rate..maybe you should talk to her? I mean, she just bought out the Yoos~”

“Talk to her? Like out of it? Hell, no.”

Jooheon balked at his sister, Sehun smiled and leaned back on his seat.

“She had this coming. She’s finally getting everything she deserves.”

“What are you going to do?” Sehun asked, she looked at him.

“What do you mean?”

“Shownu hyung.”

Minah exhaled and she glanced at her phone.

“Meens, whatever you do next, it might~”

“Start trouble, but won’t that be fun?” Minah said with a small playful smile, Sehun flinched.

“I’ll think about it. Sunbae has to know, but let Miyoung throw Sera a party first. I’m sure he won’t take her side.”

“Noona, one more move from her might remove the Yoos from their company.” Jooheon said.

“I can’t talk her out of it, we all know that. Only one person can.”

Sehun slowly nodded back.

“But, if he knows about this, if he finally finds out why his Miyoung left and how it all started. Wow.” Minah mused at the two before hopping out of the room.

“You said she’d be calm about it.” Jooheon said to Sehun.

“She was. But I didn’t say she’d be rational.”

 

 

 

Hyungwon was smiling as Miyoung left her room, Eunyoung and he were at the living room, enjoying her coloring books.

“Are you sure you don’t need me there?” He asked her.

“You said you have a meeting in a few. I’ll have the driver drop me off.” She said to him as she leaned down to kiss Eunyoung’s cheek.

"Okay, call me if you need anything. Eunyoung and I will be having lunch outside."

"Remember, she's jsut like you. Picky."

Hyungwon grinned at her before arranging the crayons on the table.

“I was shopping with Ara the other day. Great progress.” She mouthed at him, Eunyoung gave her a quick hug goodbye and distractedly dismissed her parents.

“You both can go now, I’m busy.” The Chae young lady said, the two broke into laughs.

“I try.”

“It’s not so bad, huh? It won’t be long till you ask me to move out.” She chuckled, Hyungwon shook his head at her.

“You know I won’t do that. Stay as much as you like.”

“I know that. I’ll miss my Mrs. Chae perks.”

“You have perks?”

“Jewelry.” She shrugged at him, Hyungwon chuckled and they walked down the steps. He helped her with her coat before speaking.

“What are you going to do? The guys know, and I think it won’t take long till your sister finds out.” He said as the Rolls Royce reached the house’s curb.

“I just…want her out our lives, H One. She’s done so much, she’s taken a lot of things from me. And, it drives me crazy how much I’ve missed.”

“Those things she took,” He spoke, Miyoung looked at him.

“Will you be taking them back?”

Miyoung faced him again, he could see how she pursed her lips together.

“After all this, Miyoung, you should think about him.”

“Hyung~”

“He still loves you. I can see that.” He said, Miyoung flinched.

“I’m serious.” Hyungwon nudged her, the girl shook her head at him.

“I don’t think so. I’ve caused him way too much pain.” She said, Hyungwon opened the car’s door for her.

“It doesn’t work that way, Meens.”

 

 

 

Miyoung leaned back against the seat, she was inside the Chae Rolls Royce, being driven to her old high school. She was dressed in a nice cerulean day dress and a pair of Chanel heels. She looked at her bare left wrist, and her forehead creased. She had undergone a lot of procedure just to have her scar lightened up. And it worked, there was still this light outline of where it used to be, but it wasn’t noticeable right away.

“I worked so hard just to remove everything. Just to forget.” She murmured to herself, she looked up and realized that they were already a few blocks away from the campus.

“It’s not fair. I lost too much.” She said, she sat up and fixed her hair.

“Ma’am, would you like me to wait?”

“No, I’m sure my sister will be here. You can head back to the office, I’m sure Hyungwon would need you there, ahjussi.”

The car pulled to a full stop, Miyoung saw her schoolmates staring. She pressed her lips together before putting on a smile as the driver opened the door for her.

The girl stepped down and she could already hear the murmurs, she was gone for a long time, she expected this.

“Miyoung-ah!”

She looked up and waved back at her old classmates, she was about to join them when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“What’s this, it’s like the old days!” She heard someone chuckle, Miyoung’s brows rose.

“I didn’t know you were going to attend.” He spoke to her, she swallowed before speaking.

“It’s for the kids, oppa.”

He smiled and let out a breath, she blinked at him.

“What?”

“I thought you weren’t going to talk to me and just leave.” He said before offering his arm to her, Miyoung stared at him.

“What do you mean?”

“Miyoung-ah, about the other day, I didn’t mean to pry. But, I was worried~”

“I know, oppa. And I..I’m sorry I got annoyed.” She said as she took his arm, Shownu glanced at her as they walked towards the school’s gymnasium.

“But,” He said as they crossed the lush campus gardens, Miyoung puffed her cheeks, a little unsure. And, she felt nervous. She couldn’t understand why.

Is it because I’m about to start things?

Start things with Sera! Like, destroy her. Something like that.

That’s why I’m here! Not because of him.

She took a quick glance at Shownu again.

“What you said,”

“Hmm?” Miyoung hummed back, Shownu stopped walking and he made the girl face him.

“You’re not…joking around, right?”

“Oppa, what are you~”

“I know you’re messing with Sera right now. And I won’t stop you, I trust that you have enough reason why you’re doing this. You’ve…always been like that.”

Miyoung could only stare at him, he was dressed in a nice pinstripe navy blue suit, and he had left the two first buttons of his white shirt open. It was very Shownu. It was very him that she almost didn’t notice it. And now that she did, it hurt.

She was just so used to him. So used to his presence and how always wanted to talk things out.

“Oppa, you’re~”

“I know you’re planning something, but Miyoung, please, don’t joke like that.”

She stilled, confused.

“You can’t just blurt out things like that.”

“The party~”

“You can’t just tell me that he’s not your husband as if we’re simply discussing the weather, Hwang Miyoung.”

Miyoung halted, she looked away from him.

“It doesn’t make any sense, Young. Why would you tell me that? Am..I part of your plan too? Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong~”

“No!” She blurted out, Shownu met her gaze evenly.

“No, you..did nothing wrong, oppa. No.” She repeated as she chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“I would never put you in any danger. You know that.” Miyoung stated, Shownu silently nodded back.

“So, what’s all this, Miyoung?”

“I wasn’t joking around. Hyungwon…isn’t my husband. And, you know about Eunyoung as well.” Miyoung said, her tone a little shaky

“No.” Shownu stated, Miyoung grew confused.

“What?”

“I wanted you to be untouchable, being married made you that. I…” He trailed off, Miyoung looked around, realizing that the garden was already empty.

“Oppa, we can talk about this tomorrow. For now~”

Shownu held her arm, and she stopped.

“Does this mean I can like you again?”

Miyoung didn’t know what to say.

“Will you let me?”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++