022

Untitled

 

 

 

Minah was staring at her laptop’s screen, she knew she needed to get work done but she couldn’t focus.

She didn’t want to pry. She didn’t want to think about it. But now, all she could do was mull over the fact that Shownu’s answer to Sera was so clear and yet so vague.

And it complicated things, a little.

She had turned away after hearing bits of their conversation, she didn’t want to continue listening. And now she was in her office, distracted. The young Lotte executive didn’t even hear as the doors opened and her secretary showed her twin sister inside.

“Uhm, Earth to Hwang Minah?” Miyoung tapped on her desk, the girl blinked and sat up.

“H—Hey, I didn’t know you were coming over. You said you had errands? Something to do with the kitchen?” She rambled, Miyoung blinked back at her before smiling.

“Yes, I did some grocery shopping with my daughter. Ran into someone that I really shouldn’t have…met again. But, yes, hello, sister.” She stated, Minah tilted her head at the girl.

“Who did you run into? Some old high school buddies?”

“No. My ex-boyfriend whom you’ve cajoled into acting normal with me again.” She said, her tone dry. Minah stilled for a moment, but she gestured for her sister to take a seat.

“Miyoung-ah, I~”

“It’s fine, unnie. You have a point. It won’t be good if we’re acting weird around each other. He’s your friend still.”

“And yours too.” Minah replied, Miyoung shrugged and she gestured for the leather duffel she was carrying.

“What’s this?” She asked as she opened the bag, Miyoung was smiling as her sister took out the velvet boxes, the latter’s eyes widened.

“I had them flown over, I know we only talked about the necklace, but Hyungwon insisted that we give you the whole set, so,” Miyoung leaned forward and opened the other boxes, Minah gasped.

“It’s all blue sapphires set in white gold. Also, the diamonds. Which I’m not good with explaining, I can give Hyungwon a call and~”

“Hey, you didn’t have to. Miyoung-ah, this is too much.” Minah said to her, it was a complete set before her. The necklace was even more intimidating in real life, but seeing it now with its matching earrings and ring made the girl speechless.

“Consider it as my peace offering, unnie. Or, this is making it up to you, I was gone for a long time. I know how much you worried for me. Please accept it.” Miyoung smiled as she looked at the earrings and picked them up.

“But still, Hyungwon might~”

“I’m telling you, it’s fine, unnie. Please accept them. You said you’ve always wanted pieces from H One.”

Minah sighed at her before giving her sister a hug, Miyoung chuckled and patted her back.

“I kind of have to head to my office, how about dinner?”

“Thank you, Miyoung. You didn’t have to, but really, this is a lot to take in.” Minah said again as she gestured towards the jewels, Miyoung smiled at her and nodded.

“You’re welcome, unnie. I may not say this much, but I’m glad I flew back.” Miyoung said with a small shrug, Minah paused, her forehead creasing slightly.

“Why? Do you think she’ll look at you again, oppa? She left you.” Sera said to him.

“Keep her out of this.”

“Is it not true? Are you going to deny it? Ever since she’s back, you’ve been acting weird. She still affects you, don’t deny it!”

“So what if she does?”

“I am glad you did. And yes, dinner later.” Minah said, Miyoung stepped out of her office and the older twin exhaled.

“Oh Sehun is probably right. He never got over you.”

 

 

 

Miyoung pushed herself away from her desk and let out a small yawn. Minah handed over quite a number of projects to her, and she just realized how much moving around she would be doing in the next couple of week. That, and her parents were flying back this weekend.

She pressed her lips together. They were already informed regarding her being back in Seoul, but Minah didn’t mention about Hyungwon and Eunyoung.

Miyoung stood up and walked towards the windows.

“I just wish you wouldn’t be like this with me. We’re not strangers, Miyoung. We have so much history between us to be acting like this.”

She puffed her cheeks, he did make sense. They were far from being strangers, they had history together.

So maybe they could be friends.

Miyoung flinched and turned away from the setting sun. But that terrified her. Anything related to him scared her.

Miyoung picked up her coat and purse and stepped out of her office, she looked at her secretary.

“Director,”

“I’m going to have to leave earlier, you should too.” She stated, the lady nodded back to her. Miyoung walked to the elevator and got inside, Hyungwon had just texted her. He told her that he’ll be bringing Eunyoung with him to Sehun’s place and that they’d meet there.

The doors opened and Miyoung stepped out, she walked towards the revolving doors, the valet signaled to her that her car was being brought around.

Miyoung took out her phone and checked her emails. She started to browse through all the Lotte related stuff, then she felt someone standing across her, she looked up, not noticing one particular email with the subject that said: Jeju ShinHan X Lotte Expansion Turn Over

“You’re really gutsy.” The woman spoke, Miyoung took a step back from her.

“S—Sera,”

“You’ll waltz back into society, complete with a rich husband and a child, acting as if nothing happened. Acting as if you’re innocent.”

“Sera, I~”

“You’re not staying long, right? Because that would be too much, oppa may be nice to you but we both know what you did. You caused all that.”

Miyoung looked away, her knuckles turned white as she gripped onto the strap of her Hermes purse.

“That’s why I don’t understand why you’re here. Your presence will only remind him of his pain. His mistake of choosing you.” Sera spat at the girl, Miyoung grimaced.

“You don’t deserve him. You almost destroyed him. You…You shouldn’t even be near him.”

Miyoung met her gaze, she started to shake her head.

“Sera, I don’t mean to~”

“What’s this? Your car’s waiting.” A voice joined, Sera momentarily froze and the two women turned their heads.

“Sehun-ah,” Sera spoke, Sehun’s eyes went to her briefly.

“I was told that we’re having dinner together.” Sehun said as he stood next to Miyoung, the girl nodded back.

“Yes, are you here for unnie?” She replied, Sehun nodded back and gave her arm a squeeze.

“Sehun-ah, it’s been a while.” Sera saidh with a small wave, Miyoung looked away. Sehun glanced at the girl.

“Hmm.” He replied, Miyoung paused at his reply.

“Minah’s not here.” Sehun said to her, Sera slowly nodded at him.

“Yes, I was~”

“Then I don’t have to be nice to you.” Sehun said with a small smile before walking towards Miyoung’s car. He opened the BMW’s door and looked at his friend.

“Not getting in?” Sehun called over, Miyoung padded towards him and got in the driver’s seat.

“See you later. Drive safely.” Sehun grinned at her, he closed the door and headed for the lobby without even glancing back at Sera.

 

 

 

“Huh. Five years.” Kihyun huffed as they started eating, Miyoung grimaced and looked to their younger cousin for help.

“I can’t help you, noona. You had this coming.” Changkyun grinned as he picked up his utensils.

“Oppa, I~”

“Don’t even try to explain. Let’s just have dinner in peace.” Kihyun stated, Sehun grinned while looking at his plate.

Mommy,” Eunyoung spoke, and all adoring eyes went to her. Jooheon and Changkyun were even arguing a few minutes ago, both of them wanted to sit next to her. In the end, Hyungwon gave up his chair, and now the toddler was seated between them.

Can I have more of this? I like the rolls with cheese.” She continued, her eyes went to her father briefly. Hyungwon tilted his head at the girl.

Ah, sorry. Eomma, can I have more of those….rolls?” She trailed off, not knowing the word.

“She means kimbap.” Minah chuckled and put more slices on her plate, Miyoung grinned at her daughter.

“Uncle Kihyun makes the best kimbap, huh?” Kihyun beamed at the girl as she continued eating.

“Yes, even better than mommy’s.” Eunyoung said with a playful grinned, Hyungwon chuckled and started to eat.

“So, noona’s joined you at the office now?” Changkyun started as Sehun returned to their table with some wine.

“She did. A few days ago. People don’t know how to act around her yet.” Minah said with a small smile, Miyoung shook her head.

“I think they haven’t realized that I’m the fun one.” She spoke, Minah rolled her eyes at the girl.

“Still, you may only be staying for a while, I’m sure they’re glad to have you, Miyoung-ah.” Kihyun continued.

“I hope I don’t disappoint, oppa. I almost forgot how things are run here.” She stated, Jooheon was helping Eunyoung with her chicken strips.

“I have to take this call, excuse me.” Hyungwon spoke, the others nodded at him.

“Is it from back home?” Miyoung asked, taking note of the time.

“It is. I’ll be back.” He replied before stepping away from the table, Kihyun and Changkyun grinned at each other.

“What now?” Miyoung sighed at her cousins, Changkyun chuckled.

“It’s nothing, noona. Your husband seems pretty chill. We approve.” He stated, Sehun snorted at the younger male.

“You two were probably planning to harass him or something.” Jooheon commented.

“Right, but he seems the intimidating type, so we backed off.” Kihyun chimed in and poured some wine for them.

“Hyungwon isn’t like that, oppa.” Miyoung said as she turned her head towards the veranda, Hyungwon was already on his phone. Minah glanced at her sister and she swallowed.

How he feels about you won’t matter now.

“Her last day?” Hyungwon said in low tones as he leaned back against the railings.

“Yes, we checked that. On Mrs. Chae’s last day in the country five years ago, she was with her sister, Son Hyunwoo, a certain Wonho, and Yoo Sera.”

“Her again?” Hyungwon spoke, he could almost see his secretary nod from the other end.

“So, what happened?”

“She was from the hospital when she arrived at the airport, airport staff refused to let her board the plane. But from rumors, I heard that she asked her friend to take care of it. That’s how she was able to fly out of the country despite her injuries.”

“How…How did she fly~” Hyungwon turned to their table, his eyes landed on Sehun.

“Her friend, Oh Sehun. His family~”

“Runs an airline company. Of course.” Hyungwon murmured, Eunyoung was laughing as a piece of seaweed stuck on her cheek.

“Why was she injured?”

“That’s what I’m trying to check, sir. A lot of details aren’t clear around this, I can’t even find out where they were on that day.”

Hyungwon nodded, he thanked the male and ended the call. He stepped back into the house and took his seat beside Miyoung.

“Unnie thinks that the sapphire set was too much. Please persuade her that it isn’t.” Miyoung spoke to him, Hyungwon put on a smile and faced Minah.

“It really is too much, Hyungwon-ah.” Minah said in between sips of his wine.

“It’s not, it’s a gift from us. Only the best for my wife’s sister.” He replied, Miyoung shuddered at his words, but the two Hwang ladies laughed.

Hyungwon took a quick glance at Miyoung before picking up his glass.

 

 

 

Shownu let out a shaky breath and tossed his necktie aside. He walked straight to the kitchen and got himself a glass of water.

He didn’t want to admit it. He knew admitting it would just further complicate things.

He still wants her.

He was never over Hwang Miyoung.

How was he supposed to get over her when they never even ended things?

He ran his fingers through his hair and exhaled, he put the now empty glass down and took off his coat. Shownu walked towards the living room with his phone in hand.

Minah had texted him earlier, the girl wanted to meet up. But had cancelled last minute.

Shownu let out a bitter smile as he looked at his phone, how was he going to get over Miyoung when her twin sister was one of his closest friends. And it wasn’t like he could simply avoid Minah because of this, she was like a sister to him already.

“I can be friends with her.” Shownu spoke, he took the remote control and started browsing through channels.

His phone beeped and he checked his emails, his brows went up as the project with Lotte appeared.

“This must be why she wants to meet up.” He murmured as he sat up and opened the email, he glanced at the TV again, distracted. His brows went up, there was new about a popular jewelry company from New York opening its first ever store in Korea. A familiar face appeared on the screen.

“Chae Hyungwon.” Shownu read the male’s name, he leaned back on the couch as the anchorwoman continued to talk about his company. Shownu peeled his gaze away from the TV and looked at his phone again.

He halted, there had been changes with the project. Lotte Holdings had emailed him to inform him of the details. He continued to read the email and its attachments.

And then he saw it, her name.

Our newly appointed director, Miss Hwang Miyoung will be taking over the expansion with ShinHan Financial. Director Hwang will be the one working with ShinHan Financial’s side as Lotte Holding’s representative. Attached with this email are her contact details and email address.

Shownu halted, his brows went up.

“Isn’t Minah…pushing her buttons too hard? She…She might get attacked for this.” Shownu murmured, he chucked his phone in his pocket and walked back to the kitchen for some snacks.

But a small smile had already formed on his lips.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++