012

Untitled

 

 

 

“I have questions.” Minah murmured as the Rolls Royce pulled to a halt in front of the couple, Sehun patted her hand.

“Ask them later.” He softly said, Miyoung had agreed to join her sister to check the event hall for the engagement party with her, and Sehun wanted to give the two some time to talk.

“This is a nice place, unnie.” Miyoung commented as she walked to them. Minah grinned and hooked arms with the girl, Sehun followed the two.

“Why are you always dressed like this? All black, black long coat, black dress inside and stockings. You’re not in New York anymore, no need to be so gloomy.” Minah said, Miyoung shook her head.

“I haven’t had the time to shop and arrange my wardrobe, don’t worry I’ll be wearing a different color to your party.” Miyoung mused at her, Minah shook her head.

“You better.”

Ma’am.

The twins turned, Miyoung paused, it was her assistant.

Your phone. You left it in the car.” He politely said as he offered the device to the girl, she could already feel her sister’s questioning gaze on her.

Thank you, you can go ahead now. I’ll be riding with my sister.

Yes, see you later, ma’am.” He said with a small smile before backing away, Miyoung chucked her phone back in her purse.

“Did that come with the place you rented as well? Just like the Rolls Royce.” Minah commented dryly as they got inside the building. Sehun grinned at his friend.

“No, but it’s a work perk, unnie.”

“I’ll buy that for now, let’s go look at the table arrangements.” Minah walked ahead of them, Miyoung exhaled and tightened the grip on her purse’s strap.

“She’s going to ask more questions. We all have them.” Sehun said as he walked with her.

“There’s really nothing much going on, Sehun-ah.”

“You say that, but that’s not what I see. I’ve known you since we were little, Young-ah. And, you may not want to talk about it now, but always remember that I got your back, just please don’t do things that may cause me to get yelled at by my fiancé.”

Miyoung chuckled, Minah shushed them just the as event hall’s manager arrived.

“Do you have somewhere to go to after this? Unnie seems in a rush.”

“We are to attend this mall event, the wife of director Shin,”

“From Lotte’s BOD, yes.” Miyoung nodded along as they sat down.

“She opened this boutique at a mall in Gangnam, you should join us.” Sehun stated, Miyoung slowly shook her head.

“I don’t think I should be showing myself at events yet.” She said, she stood up.

“Unnie, I’ll take a look at the other halls then. I’ll take pictures for you.” She said, Minah nodded back at her and went back to the manager. She moved away from the couple, she took out her phone and Hyungwon’s name was flashing on the screen.

“How are things?”

“We’re looking at event halls. But,”

“What is it?”

“Do I really need to be driven around? I can do it myself. Plus, the assistant, Hyungwon. It’s~”

“What will people say when they find out that I’m letting you drive yourself, Miyoung? Besides, it’s for your safety, I don’t really feel good about letting you go there alone.”

“It’s not that bad. Unnie…They stopped asking questions.”

“That’s good to hear, I know you miss your family.”

“There’s been….a few..” She trailed off as she reached an empty hall with tall windows, she paused.

“What?”

“I—It’s nothing, when are you two coming?”

“In a few days, I kinda miss you. A bit.” Hyungwon’s tone turned playful, the girl smiled.

“I miss you.” She mused before ending the call.

 

 

 

Shownu smiled as the middle-aged man walked up to him.

“Chairman Son,” Director Shin welcomed him, Shownu shook the man’s offered hand.

“I’m hope I’m not late, director.” He said as he glanced around, there were photographers covering the event.

“Of course not, president Hwang and her fiancé have just arrived.”

“I won’t keep you then, you have more guests to welcome.” Shownu said, he picked up a glass of champagne and made his way through the guests, he would occasionally nod at familiar faces and chat with some colleagues.

“Sehun-ah,”

“Hyung,” Sehun grinned as he reached them, Minah turned to her friend, her eyes widened briefly but she greeted him with a hug.

“Thanks to you, I had a very fruitful afternoon looking at couches, Hwang Minah.” He jokingly said to her, the girl blinked before speaking.

“I’m sorry, oppa. Something came up, and I—I couldn’t escape from it.”

“It’s fine, how have you been?”

“I see you’ve arrived alone. And I’m doing fine, oppa.” Minah replied, Sehun excused himself as his phone started to ring, he left the two and walked away.

“Must I not arrive…alone?” Shownu asked the girl, Minah’s brows rose briefly but she nodded.

“My mother called you, huh?”

“Hmmm, more like rumors reached me before she called.”

Shownu nodded and looked at his drink.

“I..I met up with Sera the other day,”

“Oh.” Minah replied, Shownu was looking at the glass doors of the boutique and watched as other mallgoers passed by.

“I wanted to tell you first, I mean…you seem to have…the capability to..untangle these kind of things.”

“What?” Minah grew amused, Shownu shook his head again.

“I don’t understand how the rumors strated, Minah. I’ve always seen her as a friend, nothing more. I wasn’t aware of people thinking that I’d marry her, but then eomma got excited over it. Maybe the fact that you’re getting married soon, she assumed that Sera and I would…get together.”

Minah looked at her glass, maybe Sehun was right. No, Sehun is probably right.

“Actually, you will hate me for this. I thought the same too, oppa. You..she was always around you, and you let her. So, I…I’m glad you finally said how you felt about it, because you always smiled when it was being brought up.”

Shownu smiled and nudged her.

“So, anything new with you?” He asked before taking a sip from his glass, and then he halted.

“Well, we were looking at event halls earlier, and I think it’s better to move up the engagement party~”

Shownu was staring elsewhere, Minah paused.

“Oppa, what~” The male suddenly put his glass down and rushed out of the doors.

 

 

 

“I know, I know. I saw your email last night.” Miyoung was smiling as she got on the escalator.

“Did you like them?” Hyungwon asked, Miyoung glanced at her assistant behind her.

“It’s perfect for the fall release, you seem pretty worked up about it.”

“Some designs are just a little too repetitive, I’m worried that it might not make the cut.” Hyungwon continued, Miyoung reached the third floor and she got off the escalator.

“But they all looked great, I’m sure your H One Jewels board will love it.”

“Yeah, that, you’re the one who always chats up to them.”

Miyoung chuckled, her eyes went to one of the boutiques, it was packed with people and there were guards outside.

“Must be the opening he mentioned.” She mumbled to herself.

“Anyway, that’s why I called again. Are you at the mall already?”

“Yes, and please get some sleep.”

“And please get some clothes while you’re there.” Hyungwon shot back, she smiled.

“Go to sleep, you’re getting cranky.”

Hyungwo snorted before ending the call, Miyoung started to move forward while typing on her phone.

Ma’am, excuse me.

She paused and turned the male behind her.

But isn’t that your friend? Your sister’s fiancé.

Miyoung followed her gaze, and true enough, Sehun was standing by the doors while talking on the phone.

You know society kids stuff.” Miyoung was about to raise her hand to say hi but then the doors behind Sehun suddenly opened.

And the girl froze.

 

 

 

You didn’t tell mommy the most important thing, daddy.” Eunyoung spoke as she climbed onto her seat, Hyungwon smiled and hoisted her up.

“Which is?”

“We’re already on a plane.” She commented just as the pilot went back inside the cabin, Hyungwon smiled and put her seatbelt on.

“I think I forgot about that.”

“Is Korea really that far?” Eunyoung asked while scrunching her nose, and pulling her Hermes backpack closer to her chest.

“It is, that’s why Jane sent extra clothes so that you can sleep comfortably.”

“So, mommy met up with her family already?”

“By accident, she did.”

Eunyoung grew curious, Hyungwon chuckled before kissing her cheek.

Ew,” Eunyoung sighed and wiped his kiss away, the latter chuckled.

“You mentioned mommy has a sister.”

“Hmm, mommy has a twin sister who’s older than her. She’s getting married soon, that’s why we’re flying over.” Hyungwon groggily said, the pilot came out and informed them that they would taking off soon.

“How come she never came over to visit us? She didn’t come to any of my birthdays.” Eunyoung continued as she removed shoes, Hyungwon smiled at her.

“Your aunt has always been a bit busy, but you can ask mommy about that. I’m sure she’ll love to answer.”

“But,” Eunyoung leaned in to whisper, Hyungwon grew amused, realizing that his daughter was just as sleepy as him.

“What is it, princess?”

“Are there zoos in Korea, daddy?”

“There are some, why?”

“I’d like to visit one. Can we?” Eunyoung let out a yawn.

“We should. Let’s go to sleep.” Hyungwon smiled before kissing her hand and pulling her blanket closer to her.

“And, daddy?”

“Hmm?”

“Does mommy’s sister know about us?”

Hyungwon chuckled and simply closed his eyes.

 

 

 

Shownu reached the doors and he felt his insides tighten. He wasn’t quite sure, but the lady looked so much like her.

She looked so much like her that it hurt.

She had stopped walking, she was speaking to the male behind her. He was pointing towards the party, and then she finally turned her face.

Shownu pushed through the doors and for a moment their eyes met.

“Miyoung.” He breathed, unaware of how Sehun was just steps away from him.

The girl’s eyes widened and she immediately looked away, Shownu’s forehead creased.

“Oh, hyung, where~”

“Miyoung.” He breathed as he moved towards her, Sehun balked and started to jog after him.

Ma’am, do you know this~

Miyoung grabbed the male’s arm and started pulling him away, the assistant almost tripped on his own shoes.

Have the car prepared. Quickly.” She murmured as she let go of him, Miyoung was making her way towards the elevators in a haste.

She could hear his footsteps behind her and she flinched.

I shouldn’t have gone here. I shouldn’t have gone home.

I can’t do this.

Not now.

I can’t face him.

“Hwang Miyoung.”

She halted, it was him. It was his voice.

Shownu swallowed as the girl stopped walking, his forehead creased as she slowly turned to face him.

“I—It is you.” He blurted out, the girl’s brows rose briefly. Shownu couldn’t help but stare at her but she wouldn’t meet his gaze.

“W—When did you get back?” He stammered, her eyes went to him again.

“I have to go.” She swallowed, the girl was about to turn away from him, but Shownu reached for her arm. He wasn’t stopping her from leaving but he was simply holding onto her.

“Miyoung-ah,”

Sehun halted in his steps, his eyes as wide as saucers.

“Oppa, I have to go.”

“How…How have you been?” Shownu spoke again, his eyes still searching hers.

“Does everyone…know you’re back?”

Miyoung pulled her arm away, Shownu paused and dropped his hand to his side. He was about to speak again when he saw a male approaching them.

Ma’am, the car is ready.”

Shownu’s lips thinned as Miyoung nodded at the male. He faced Miyoung again, the girl let out a small sigh.

“You…You really are back.”

Miyoung handed her purse to her assistant and pulled her coat closer to her.

“Just for Minah unnie’s wedding.” She answered, she saw Sehun behind the male and she looked away.

“Can…Can we talk?” Shownu asked her, Miyoung slowly shook her head.

“I’m sorry, no.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++